Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Salad Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Salad Thread
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have an appetizer thread and who knows maybe a salad thread might prosper with ideas and recipes. I’ll begin with the taboula salad (apparently a favorite of Smuckers), anyway I did not make this particular one, I bought it. Taboula is one of the most popular Arabian salads, and probably comes in second after the typical easy to make cucumber, tomato and onion salad. It's very nutritious as we all know the benefits of parsley and consists of : mostly chopped parsley, bulgur, tomato, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Simple yet delicious [Smile]

Pic of taboula salad

-

Close-up

-

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As soon as you post something your trouble replies [Big Grin]

I ate this a lot in Syria but have never known the name, very delicious...

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shahrazat:
As soon as you post something your trouble replies [Big Grin]

I ate this a lot in Syria but have never known the name, very delicious...

A lovely evening to you shahrazat, and good luck on your match tomorrow, may the ottoman empire [Big Grin] defeat the evil Czech republic [Big Grin]

Seriously, good luck girl, i know you need the victory [Smile]

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh,yummyyyyyy....i love tabouleh,and learned to do it many years ago.Learned from my sister who in turn learned from Arabic friends she had.

*drool....drool*

Tinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....Tinaaaaaaaa,come here and get some lessons on healthy fooodddddddddd!!!

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot [Big Grin]
They hated Ottomans in the history, there is a o'clock called in Old Town, Prague and there is an Ottoman man figure on the o'clock. That figure was put for advicing people to not to be greedy like Ottomans as they wanted to have more and more lands in the past [Smile]

But there are still hungry former Ottomans [Big Grin]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ottomans will tommorow feed the czechs the delicious baklawa LOL
Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

INNNSSHHHHAAALLLAAAHHHH [Big Grin]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:
The ottomans will tommorow feed the czechs the delicious baklawa LOL

Hello again,EgyptianDoc,and take carry!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mi amiga, comme estas?? todo bien??

do u mean take carry or curry since we r on an appetizers thread [Smile]

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Offffffffff I forgot to write the name of the clock, it s The Orloj [Smile]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
mi amiga, comme estas?? todo bien??

do u mean take carry or curry since we r on an appetizers thread [Smile]

Estoy muy bien aqui en Puerto Rico.
"take carry" Hossam's way [Big Grin]

Pero tambien un buen curry de India no estaria mal,no? [Wink]

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Estamos non necesita cualquier curry especias. Usted es el mismo especias. Especias puerto ricana [Big Grin]
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Sash, sometimes I spell worse than Hossam, it s because of the time, almost 1 am here [Smile]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Sash, sometimes I spell worse than Hossam, it s because of the time, almost 1 am here [Smile]

No problem,dear.The important thing is you are here with us,and your posts are welcome. [Smile]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Estamos non necesita cualquier curry especias. Usted es el mismo especias. Especias puerto ricana [Big Grin]

Gonna teach you Spanish Puertorrican way,Egyptiandoc.

Se dice puertorriquena,no puerto ricana [Wink]

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Offffffffff I forgot to write the name of the clock, it s The Orloj [Smile]

What clock?! [Big Grin] [Razz] .. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TURKEY!!!
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

The one in Prague

[Razz]

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
The one in Prague

[Razz]

[Big Grin] [Wink]

Turkey taking it (gonna win tomorrow - insha allah 3x [Big Grin] )

Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JB! How's the ride? What tunes you got playing lately?
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist Cake Girl:
JB! How's the ride? What tunes you got playing lately?

Love it - very simple - great mileage about 30mpg - and it handles real well - great brakes - love it [Smile]

I listen to the radio when i drive more often (too lazy to burn another CD [Big Grin] ) than playing my own jams - i mostly listen to 102 Beat FM (new jams), mood FM (classics), and 96 (regular music).

How you doing blue eyes?

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like lettuce the bagged lettuce and carrots and celery and tomatoes with zesty itillian dressing thats my salad

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exiled: Taboltak teganen! [Wink]

My simple salad of the day:
Baby tomatoes
Lettuce
Cucumbers
Black olives
Feta cheese and a few slices of oignons..

Olive Oil
White vinegar or lemon Juice concentrate [Wink]
Pepper to taste

-

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Most of the time i prefer to use lemon juice concentrate instead of vinegar.
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

That's what I said ya sash [Wink] [Wink]
realmente amo el jugo de limón en ensaladas, también

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Strawberries for Chocolate Fondue [Wink]
(fruit salad or fruit Fondue)

Melt Black chocolate for fondue, and dip your fruits in it...
Divine!

-

-

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:

Ohh,Almaz,pero hablas espanol????Que sorpresa!!! [Smile]
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

sólo un poquito [Cool]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

sólo un poquito [Cool]
Bienvenida entonces con cualquier duda en espanol. [Cool]
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Gracias! Aprendí para el amor de España!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com