Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » flavorings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flavorings
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on an iced tea kick, and in the states you could buy different liquid flavorings to add to the tea to give it a little kick -but I looked in Hyper One yesterday and didn't find anything.
was thinking that peach, apricot, etc. would be nice.
anyone have any ideas?
Was even thinking of taking real fruit, and cooking it down. whatcha think?

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jean

try the syrups like pomegranate by Yamama, blackberry by Daria, etc in bottles beside the juices.

You can use fresh lemon juice, tangerine, orange, grape's now are beautiful just juice them.

or dried like mint, hibiscus,green tea leaves from Carrefour in the barrels.

Fresh ginger grated into it.

Lots of options and the syrups are WILD!!! on ice cream [Razz]

If you want peach or apricot fresh just liquidize it whole and pitted to get all the nutrients with a little fresh lime juice to save the colour and NO water, then strain the juice and freeze it in tubs or bags, then add to the tea when it is cooling.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jean, sorry I missed this thread. I did a little search online and didn't come up with much.
You can try making a homemade syrup out of the fruits you prefer (peach sounds great!). Since you make the syrup with sugar, you could omit the sugar from your tea - as the syrup could sweeten it. [Wink]

Doura's idea of blackberries is GREAT, I think I might even try this, as I've seen some berries here lately. I'm like you, I really adore iced tea and I'm getting my husband addicted, too. I can't handle hot tea on a hot day. [Frown]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com