Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » It's OK to Stuff Our Faces First Thing in the Morning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's OK to Stuff Our Faces First Thing in the Morning
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368462,00.html
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news [Smile] . I like breakfasts.
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't for the life of me eat right after getting up in the morning, it takes my stomach a couple of hours to wake up. What I do in Egypt is getting up around eight and then having some fuul / tameya etc. sandwiches around eleven.

Personally, I believe low carb is crap, at least for me it wouldn't work, I'd be constantly cranky and low on energy.

-

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I was the only one who couldn't eat immediately from waking in the morning. My mother is the same way so I assumed it was genetic.
I might have a cup of coffee or tea and some fruit or yogurt but otherwise I just can't sit down to huge 3-4 course breakfast either.

I would imagine though that this early morning large carb filled breakfast is good for the waistline. My father has done it for years and still looks the same now (physically) as he did when he was 20. (gag) [Frown]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I thought I was the only one who couldn't eat immediately from waking in the morning. My mother is the same way so I assumed it was genetic.

Many people are like that, and it seems often those preferences exist from childhood on.

My family are the opposite, they move from bed to shower to breakfast table 3alatool early in the morning, so I don't think it's genetic.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you've been the same Dalia since you were young?
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Yes, but as a kid I was forced to have breakfast, of course.

Gonna catch the train to Alex now, hope I'll come across some sandwiches on the way to the train station ... [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com