Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Red Curry Shrimp w/ Calamari Salad (easy dishes)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red Curry Shrimp w/ Calamari Salad (easy dishes)
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was running very late today searching for a clay pot. Wanted to eat a certain shrimp dish, but life is life and I managed to make something simple yet delicious. The salad is a calamari salad, and i served it nice and cold. Real cold! Both of these recipes are very simple yet very delicious. If you are tight – time wise – or not – they both taste delicious.

Calamari Salad Recipe

INGREDIENTS
* 1/2 lemons, juiced
* 1-1/2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* 1/4 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
* salt and pepper to taste
* 3/4 pound squid, cleaned and sliced into rounds
* 1/4 (2.25 ounce) can pitted black olives
* 1 stalk celery, chopped

DIRECTIONS
1. In a medium bowl, mix lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Stir in squid, and cook about 3 minutes, or until tender; drain.
3. Toss squid, olives, and celery with the lemon juice mixture. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator until serving.

Curry Shrimp Recipe

500gms Shrimp
1 Red pepper
1 Green pepper
Basil leaves (didn’t have but and I planned to substitute using basil spice but I forgot that too [Big Grin] – just remembered when I looked at the pic to post [Big Grin] )
Thai Red Curry Sauce
1 teaspoon peanut butter
Cooking Oil
S&P

Directions:
Heat oil in wok, add shrimp and cook until they are half done, add green and red peppers and cook until you like their softness, add curry sauce and cook for an additional minute or two, then finally add the teaspoon of peanut butter and cook for an additional minute [Big Grin]

Ingredients for both dishes ( the one on the right is the shrimp dish and the other is the calamari salad)

-

Arabic type spread – with rice shared from the same plate. On the left is the curry shrimp, on the right is the calamari salad and the Indian gate basmati rice in center.

-

Close-up of the calamari salad and it was

AWESOME simple – very – simple but Awesome. Just make sure you cook it right, if not it will be chewy. Take it for me, calamari is a very gentle food, you have to give it extra attention.

-

Close-up of the red curry shrimp

-

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com