Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Countries with the biggest drinkers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Countries with the biggest drinkers
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise, surprise - it's not the UK!! [Wink]

http://www.aneki.com/biggest_drinkers.html

From what I've witnessed in Belgium I can't believe that it doesn't rank all the way on top!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] why would you think uk tiger ?
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Surprise, surprise - it's not the UK!! [Wink]

http://www.aneki.com/biggest_drinkers.html

From what I've witnessed in Belgium I can't believe that it doesn't rank all the way on top!! [Roll Eyes]

Come on, Tigerlily, you just happened to be at the 'wrong' side of Belgium. [Wink]
You have a bad impression about this little country cause it rained and you met unfriendly Belgians.
Time to come back... [Big Grin]
I never drink alcohol, just a glass of champagne on New Year's Eve to celebrate. [Cool]
However I was surprised to see Luxembourg ranked on top.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then you really need to take a drive south to Wallonia. It's really bad but I won't go further here into details. I understand you might get offended. [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't easily get offended [Wink] , don't worry.
We seldom go to Wallonia, we don't feel united with the french-speaking half of our country.
That's why we did not have a government for 7 months (so many disputes on political level).
Personally, I do not even know anyone from Wallonia.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DG, what is your mother tongue, if I may ask - Flemish? [Wink]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by manx:
[Eek!] why would you think uk tiger ?

Because I remember my life in London: Where I worked there were so many pubs!! [Wink]

I also was surprised I couldn't find Germany on the list.

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:

yup! Officially it's called Dutch [Wink] (language of education) but it sounds different than the Dutch spoken in the Netherlands. We use exactly the same words though.
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:

yup! Officially it's called Dutch [Wink] (language of education) but it sounds different than the Dutch spoken in the Netherlands. We use exactly the same words though.
Aha, ok. Thanks. [Wink]

BTW, We are not on the list... Hmmm [Big Grin]

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
I don't easily get offended [Wink] , don't worry.
We seldom go to Wallonia, we don't feel united with the french-speaking half of our country.
That's why we did not have a government for 7 months (so many disputes on political level).
Personally, I do not even know anyone from Wallonia.

Try Tourain ( Doornik) it's a very old little town, with nice shops and resurants and friendly people. Only 15 km from the language-border and nobody speaks Flemish...
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com