Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » shrimp salad with rice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: shrimp salad with rice
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A tasty shrimp salad with rice, peas, celery, mayonnaise, and seasonings.
Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 cup cooked rice, cooled
* 1/2 to 1 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked, deveined, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 cup diced celery
* 3 green onions, thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
* 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas, cooked until just tender
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
* 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
* lettuce leaves and tomato slices

Preparation:
Combine shrimp, celery, onions, peas and red bell pepper. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and celery seed. Combine shrimp mixture with rice; add mayonnaise and dill pickle juice and gently mix. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve on lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Serve as a luncheon dish or side dish.
Serves 4.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a shrimp kick these days, eh, Micky???

I made some spicy vegetarian peanut noodle salad the other day . . . more noodles than salad, lol . . . I wonder if shrimp would be good to include with those noodles???

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes please give me your recipe and ill make it [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got this from the Food Network website . .. so I can't claim it as mine, lol: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_13332,00.html

Just try it and see if shrimp would be good to add . . .

Spicy Vegetarian Peanut Noodle Salad
Ingredients:
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/3 cup rice or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon red chile flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon coarse ground coriander
2 tablespoons naturally brewed soy sauce
1/2 cup canola oil
1 pound spaghetti, cooked and refreshed
1 English cucumber, halved and 1/8-inch slices
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 bunch scallions, sliced
1/2 cup chopped roasted (salted) peanuts for garnish.

Directions:
In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sesame oil, vinegar, chile, sugar, Dijon, coriander and soy until smooth. Whisk in the canola oil and check for seasoning. In a large bowl, toss dressing with the pasta, cucumbers, bell pepper and scallions. Check for seasoning.
PLATING: Serve in large serving

I used thin Japanese noodles instead of the spaghetti called for in the recipe. I didn't have plain sesame oil, so used the chili sesame oil that I already had.

I adjusted quantities of the sauce ingredients as I mixed them up, so you can try anything.

After mixing all this together as the directions said, I think that I will mix the sauce with the noodles along with the onions then maybe put the cucumbers and pepper on the side.

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com