Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Pope Benedict XVI is addicted to Fanta

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pope Benedict XVI is addicted to Fanta
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
London, Feb 5 (ANI): Pope Benedict XVI has been outed as a secret Fanta fan by the Archbishop of York John Sentamu who paid the pontiff a visit at the Vatican.

The Archbishop took the Pope a case of Holy Grail beer, brewed in Yorkshire, as a gift but was offered a glass of Fanta in turn.

Vatican spokesman Father Tim Finigan admitted that Benedict XVI prefers Fanta, and that he goes through at least three to four cans a day.

“The Holy Father shuns booze and tries to convert all his guests to the benefits of pop,” the Daily Record quoted Father Finigan, as saying.

“He prefers Fanta. I’m not really sure why, perhaps because it was originally created in Germany.

“But he goes through at least three or four cans a day and always has it with his evening meal.”

A spokesman for Coca Cola, who produce the Fanta range, admitted that the company was flattered to have the pontiff as a fan of their beverage. However theyve ruled out using the leader of the Catholic church in any ad campaigns.

“We are very flattered to have the Pope as a fan of our beverages,” he said.

“We will send him a few cases to ensure he doesn’t run out. But I don’t think we’ll use him in any ad campaigns.” (ANI)

web page

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed]

-

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and little boys.....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm right there with him, although I'm addicted to the current-flavored Fanta. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
and little boys.....

Tina, that comment was so not necessary.... [Confused]

Very interesting news, Strangeways!! Hey when I lived in Alabama the nursery director had a daughter named Fanta - NO JOKE! [Eek!] I was astonished but decided to be polite and not to ask any further questions. Blame it on the Fanta!! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Right now we mix cold cranberry juice with sparkling water and add some ice cubes.... yummy and so refreshing in the heat!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Fanta!! [Big Grin] [Wink]

yummy and so refreshing in the heat!

Heat?? [Confused] I am always surprised you seem to be enjoying nice summerdays. Can't say the same... (rain, rain, wind, storm... and did I mention the rain?? [Big Grin] [Wink] )

Anyway, I like the FANTA lemon, zero sugar.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup today we have a cloudy sky and some rain too .... so no badminton and soccer. [Frown] Well there are other things to do in the house to keep them busy!!

Six more days and they'll be back at school. We are all counting the days down - especially me! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
and little boys.....

Tina, that comment was so not necessary.... [Confused]

Very interesting news, Strangeways!! Hey when I lived in Alabama the nursery director had a daughter named Fanta - NO JOKE! [Eek!] I was astonished but decided to be polite and not to ask any further questions. Blame it on the Fanta!! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Right now we mix cold cranberry juice with sparkling water and add some ice cubes.... yummy and so refreshing in the heat!

I KNOW IT WAS JUST ONE OF MY OFF DAYS...
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com