Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Eat like an Egyptian.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » The Mummy

Author Topic: The Mummy
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Did they speak ancient Egyptian in the movie "The Mummy" ?
Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. Modern linguists are not sure how ancient Egyptian was spoken because of various reasons, including it not being spoken for over 2,000 years and the fact that the language had no written vowels. Coptic is about the closest we can get to understanding the spoken form of the ancient Egyptian language.
Posts: 8898 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ta Setis revenge
Member # 15713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta Setis revenge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
Nope. Modern linguists are not sure how ancient Egyptian was spoken because of various reasons, including it not being spoken for over 2,000 years and the fact that the language had no written vowels. Coptic is about the closest we can get to understanding the spoken form of the ancient Egyptian language.

I just might have to disagree with you a little on that Doug M...
I think Dr. Cheik Anta Diop and Dr. Ben Jochonnan pointed out that the language of the Ancient Egyptians were pretty simular to the Wolof and Yuroba speaking tribes..
http://books.google.com/books?id=aDxMF-6UdCQC&pg=PA28&lpg=PA28&dq=wolof/egyptian+language&source=web&ots=ZcHJ45XYQu&sig=dD3_kvHymyDiiPNENk8yGo0fXg4&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum =2&ct=result#PPA26,M1

If i'm wrong, please specify...
I am in no way trying to debate such people in this forum....
A brotha knows when he is over head head...
.... [Big Grin]

Posts: 81 | From: Newark, Nj | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com