Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » snow pics.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: snow pics.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is thie enough for ya tiger. my daughter snapped random pics on our outing today.. ya might catch us in a few.,

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Tina you certainly have had a fall! Lovely pics.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pics Tina, thanks for sharing. I noticed in one of your pics that you have a Masonic Temple in town. How about infiltrating the group and telling us what they're about. I've been reading conflicting reports about masonics. [Big Grin]

Again, thanks for sharing. [Smile]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i have no clue what they are.. lolol
i have never even had the urge to go in there. if i am not mistakin its a bar.n i aint a bar person.how u been?

--------------------

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina,

It's okay I was joking. [Smile] I don't think it's a bar though, maybe the store next to it is. They have the Freemason's emblem (square and compasses) under the word temple, so I think it's probably a genuine masonic temple.

That's a lot of snow, any chance of it melting or will it be compounded with more snow?

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Tina,

It's okay I was joking. [Smile] I don't think it's a bar though, maybe the store next to it is. They have the Freemason's emblem (square and compasses) under the word temple, so I think it's probably a genuine masonic temple.

That's a lot of snow, any chance of it melting or will it be compounded with more snow?

na this early in the winter its here to stay. we will most likley get a hell of alot more. it hasnt snowed this early and this much in many yrs.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Well look at the bright side, at least you'll have a white christmas. [Smile] A true winter wonderland for kids in town, I imagine.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
hahaha for me there is no bright side of snow only white side. i hate the snow cas the cold always follows

--------------------

melissa87
Member # 17186

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melissa87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tina ur daughters pics are lovely! thats a crazy lot of snow! love to just jump into it but i no id regret it as soon as the cold sets in [Razz]
Posts: 140 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i know its freezing here like a deep freezer,
open yr freezer and stick yr hand it for about an hr that is how cold it is here

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does not look that bad actually. I was expecting worse. But being from NY this would be considered a light snowfall. In Indiana it would be considered a blizzard that would warrant a "state of emergency" and cause everyone to fly into a panic.

From the looks of your pictures, it appears that Marshalltown Iowa has not perfected snow removal. The biggest mistake I can see they are making that will compound poor driving conditions is not salting the roads prior to snowfall. Since the temperature of the road is usually colder than the actual air temperature, when snow falls on the road and gets compacted due to being driven on and plowed, it creates thin layers of ice on the road - which is what people are actually slipping on when driving. Snow itself provides traction for drivers. If the roads are salted the day before a snow storm (or right as it begins), the snow melts and allows for the road to be cleared cleanly. Sand is put down after the road is cleared to provide traction for tires. Most midwestern cities and towns use sand of freshly plowed roads, but not the salt.

If they were salting the roads it would have been evident in your pictures because the road would not have any snow on it, but would instead just appear to be wet or slushy.

Indiana made the same mistake with the result being more auto accidents during small snowstorms. New York State is known for being the most efficient in snow removal. I even once heard that the State of Alaska sent teams to New York to be properly trained in snow removal techniques.

Most Atlantic and mid-Atlantic States are salting the roads during the winter. This is also the reason for seeing more rust on the underbodies of New England cars. The salt eats away the paint on your vehicle as well.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well they said it was a blizard that wasnt seen comming like a fluke.usurally they have the roads salted before the ice or snow falls. this yr we were not expecting snow so early. muchless a blizzard. and yes for iowa this is alot of snow for this time of yr.also it was -15 degrees below zero here cas of the blowing cold and snow.it doesnt matter how much snow u get but the degrees and the wind chill factor. it was horrible here. many many accidents cas people think they are a superhero when it comes to snow duh. if the news says ZERO VISIBILITY they get in their damn cars and drive 75 miles and hr on the freeways. i swear people coulndt get any smarter herre when snow comes.

--------------------

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iowa might be different but Indiana was a disaster. The first year I lived there during the first snowfall, there was less than 1/2 inch on the ground and I passed about 6 accidents in less than one mile.

They were plowing the roads with tractors. They closed schools the night before. I laughed my ass off.

What is even funnier is that even though it does not snow that often there - each year when winter rolls around and a snowflake falls people act surprised as if they have never seen snow before and they can't believe it is happening.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
girl i have no comment for that cas its the same here in iowa. people who have lived here all their lives still think its summer out when they drive with a foot of snow on the ground. ewwwww. i hate stupid people. all the banks closed all schools, chruches everything.it was crazy i have never seen my town close completly down for snow.it must have been worse than they imagined.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
 -

Hey girl [Smile] , you did so much work to provide us with pictures. Thanks a bunch!!!!! Hopefully it will look here like that - at least for the holidays - that would be lovely.

Now what's that building above?? Beautiful architecture.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
that is the marshalltown court house.

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops...... now that's not where I want to end up!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Oops...... now that's not where I want to end up!! [Wink]

lolol everything legal is in that buliding. marriage liscens and death etc.. and all the judges. sometimes i have to go there to interprate for the mexicans. its old and beautiful inside.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Yeah to receive a marriage license or announce the birth of a child is okay but everything else not...... it means nothing but trouble. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com