Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » what is everyone cooking for christmas?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is everyone cooking for christmas?
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i am making a cooks ham with mashed potatoes and gravy and smothered green beans and lemon meragne pie.and watergate salad the cherry one.

ham

-

mashed potatoes and gravy

-

smothered green beans with bacon

-

cherry watergate salad
mine will look like this only mine will be red.

-

last and not least homemade lemon meringue pie .

-

i just hope all mine look like that after they are all cooked.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i am making , turkey, ham with a pineapple cranberry glaze, and new york strip steak with a mushroom sauce...yams in their jackets , roasted root veges. and green bean almondine ...my soup will be a baby spinach soup with a roasted red pepper puree, and for dessert...cheese cake with a caramel toffee topping
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ewww looks like u will be doin some cookin. sounds good.we only make turkey for thanks giving.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well i made the watergate salad. i mixed 1 jar of cherries 2 bowls of coolwhip and 1 can of pineapple.and 1 box of cherry jello. mix it all togeather and let it sit over night.
i will start cooking at 6 am.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well i started my eggs for the deviled eggs and i started my green beans with i scoop of butter and 6 slices of bacon.it will cook for 5 hrs. i popped my ham in its 15 1/2 pounds so it will cook about 5 hrs.holidays are such a hassel to cook. lol

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One word.... CATERING [Big Grin] Merry christmas one and all x
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
One word.... CATERING [Big Grin] Merry christmas one and all x

thats cheating.. cant u cook?
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well my dinner was fab. the ham was so moist and sweet, and the pie was so lemony and sweet. i am stuffed.

--------------------

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That ham looks repulsive.

-

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol to you it does Dalia but to us Americans it looks absolutely delicious!

Now the cooked boorie (SPelling) fish looked repulsive to me with the eyes staring at me lol

Funny how different cultures can eat so differently.. What is repulsive to one is mouth watering to the other.

I heard in some countries they eat monkeys, bugs & live stuff...ewwwwww

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
thats cheating.. cant u cook?

Yes of course but why cook when one can cater ? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SherryBlueBerry:
lol to you it does Dalia but to us Americans it looks absolutely delicious!

Funny how different cultures can eat so differently.. What is repulsive to one is mouth watering to the other.

I don't think it has much to do with nationality. Germans traditionally eat ham as well. I just find any piece of big, bloody, fatty meat disgusting.

-

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
lolol it wasnt bloody after it was cooked. and yes i also find fish repuslive. i love my meat and i could never stop eatting it.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com