Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Eggplant Bruschetta:

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eggplant Bruschetta:
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ingredients for 2 servings of Eggplant Bruschetta:
 -
1 large eggplant,
2 medium tomatoes,
1 tsp. minced garlic,
1 tsp. chopped basil and parsley,
pinch dried oregano,
2 tbsp. olive oil,
2 oz. each mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, grated,
1 cup tomato sauce,
salt and pepper to taste.

Recipe: Cut the eggplant horizontally in the middle and remove the seeds to form boat shapes. Dice the tomatoes and mix them with the olive oil, herbs and minced garlic. Season the bruschetta mix with salt and pepper, and put some seasoning on the eggplant, too. Fill the eggplant boats with the bruschetta mix and grate some mozzarella cheese on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 F until the eggplant is soft. Serve over warm tomato sauce and grate some fresh Parmesan on top.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made this last night. It has a good flavor but the skin was tough. Is it possible that I didn't cook it long enough or is this how it is supposed to be?

fyi. Cooking time is longer than expected.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont eat the skin .
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com