Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Spinach Lentil Dhal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spinach Lentil Dhal
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very simple yet delicious recipe. You'll love it.

-1 cup Orange split lentils
-100 grams (3.5 oz) spinach. You can use frozen spinach but when I cooked it I used fresh spinach that was clean (no stalks)

-1 onion chopped
-1 tomato finely chopped
-2 gloves garlic finely minced
-Olive Oil
-¼ teaspoon turmeric
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds
-Salt and red chilli powder (cayenne) to taste

Instructions

1.Wash lentils and then cook the lentils w/spinach in 2 cups water

2.Make Garnish by heating oil in shallow pan, add cumin seeds, onions, garlic and finely chopped tomoatoes.

3.Add turmeric, salt and chilli (cayenne Not Mexican chilli)

Mix the lentils/spinach with garnish and cook for a minute or 2 and serve over white Basmati rice. Or you can eat this Dhal as is.

Something like this would be a great side dish with Chicken Tikka [Smile]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:

-100 grams (3.5 oz) spinach. You can use frozen spinach but when I cooked it I used fresh spinach that was clean (no stalks)

-1 onion chopped
-1 tomato finely chopped
-Olive Oil
-¼ teaspoon turmeric
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

Instructions

2.Make Garnish by heating oil in shallow pan, add cumin seeds, onions, garlic and finely chopped tomoatoes.

Mix the lentils/spinach with garnish and cook for a minute or 2 and serve over white Basmati rice. Or you can eat this Dhal as is.

[Razz] how did you know i love Lentils?
sounds yummy...a must try ....thanks "A" [Wink]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Micky [Smile] … I guessed you loved lentils [Razz] [Razz]

Let me know how it turns out and Double the recipe so it's enough for your hubby and mom, OK!

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i sure will [Wink] and i think i'll take your advice and try it with my other favorite Basmati rice!!!!!!! [Razz]
it will go good with my rack of Lamb i plan on making this weekend [Razz] [Razz]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Your posts make me drool – officially! [Smile]

But my recipe while delicious should be tested before this weekend 'rack of lamb'. It's meant as a chilling relaxed kind of dish. [Razz]

It will go great with basmati rice and the rack of lamb – I think (crossing fingers).

BUT I want you to TRY this recipe first- as in tomorrow (Thursday) before you include it in your rack of lamb weekend dinner.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well i would love to..but i have to work and its not on my menus for thurs. fri or sat.
there is one other question ...how about if i cant find orange lentils would the brown or green lentils work just as well? i did bring the orange lentils home from egypt when i was there last , but used them all up.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
They don't have Orange Lentils in Philly – OMG!!! hehehe

No Problem babe -ok (not the end of the world)

Orange lentils cook much faster (IMHO) the lighter the lentils are the quicker they cook, especially if they are split. So you will have to take that into consideration, use the lightest colored lentil you have but try to avoid the darkest (usually brownish/dark green) variety.

The taste will vary slightly but it will not be as significant because spinach with lentils is Delicious. Awesome. The only difference I imagine is the color as orange lentils with spinach will result in a lighter colored dhal.

The opposite would be true if you are using darker colored lentils.

Your call. [Razz]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well surprise surprise [Eek!] , my mom said she saw them in our market the other day ...so ill be set.
and the colors of the lentils and the spinach will look awesome together with the white rice. will be a beautiful plate :)and you know for me...eye appeal is always a must [Big Grin] if it looks good it will taste so much better
a garish of diced cucumber and a spoon of yogurt [Razz]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
well surprise surprise [Eek!] , my mom said she saw them in our market the other day ...so ill be set.
and the colors of the lentils and the spinach will look awesome together with the white rice. will be a beautiful plate [Smile]

Cool! My Dhal Spinach Recipe + White Basmati Rice + Rack of Lamb 10/10 [Smile] + A nice refreshing Salad = Bliss

Have a great dinner Micky. Maybe a pic? [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
a garish of diced cucumber and a spoon of yogurt
and a picture is in order...just for you
thanks again buddy for this recipe , cant wait to try it

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Superb! Looking forward to your review and I want you to be 100% honest on how the Lentil Spinach Dhal came out.

I know that rack will be succulent [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well i finally made it with saffron Basmati rice.excellent just needed to add some salt
thanks again exiiled [Wink]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-1 onion chopped
-1 tomato finely chopped
-Olive Oil
-¼ teaspoon turmeric
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

Instructions

This sounds great but no yogurt?

I might make this and add yogurt, I'll post a pic if it turns out edible.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I make something similar to this recipe all the time and never add yoghurt.

You could make raita though and serve it on the side, that would be nice, particularly if you make it very spicy.
 -

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
well i finally made it with saffron Basmati rice.excellent just needed to add some salt

Cool [Smile] I had doubts, just so you know, you're pretty intimidating (recipe wise [Big Grin] ) and I didn't know if it was to your liking. Glad you figured out the salt [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

P.S good to know you dug yourself out the blizzardS

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

-1 onion chopped
-1 tomato finely chopped
-Olive Oil
-¼ teaspoon turmeric
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

Instructions

This sounds great but no yogurt?

I might make this and add yogurt, I'll post a pic if it turns out edible.

Hey VB,

Yeah w/o yogurt, this is how I got the recipe and try it without yogurt. It tastes pretty good, quick, easy and delcious.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

Can I just use ground cumin instead and red chilli powder and cayenne are two different things altogether!

Never heard of "Mexican" chilli powder, but cayenne itself is completely different.

Please clarify because I need to find edible and enticing lentil dishes!

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

Can I just use ground cumin instead and red chilli powder and cayenne are two different things altogether!

Never heard of "Mexican" chilli powder, but cayenne itself is completely different.

cayenne is also known as 'sweet chilli', Mexican chilli is HOT and sold in US.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Of course you can use ground instead of whole cumin seeds.

Cayenne peppers have 30.000 to 50.000 Scoville, so they are relatively mild compared to other sorts.

Since everyone has a different taste and sensitivity regarding spicy food, I would just use whatever sort of chili pepper you like best -- fresh or dried.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Cool [Smile] I had doubts, just so you know, you're pretty intimidating (recipe wise [Big Grin] ) and I didn't know if it was to your liking. Glad you figured out the salt [Razz] [Big Grin]

P.S good to know you dug yourself out the blizzards

well still have like 3 foot hanging around..and more to come on monday..so it looks like i will be making up some recipes and experimenting at home.. [Razz]
i love hummus and was experimenting with different flavors at work yesterday. i added fresh cilantro and lime juice to the original hummus recipe...i think it was amazing ..the 2 tastes together was awesome [Razz]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

You've never been to the USA let alone grocery shopped in the USA to know how its packaged and sold.

No one around here refers to cayenne pepper as "sweet chilli". No one around here refers to chilli powder as Mexican chilli powder.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:

Of course you can use ground instead of whole cumin seeds.

Cayenne peppers have 30.000 to 50.000 Scoville, so they are relatively mild compared to other sorts.

Since everyone has a different taste and sensitivity regarding spicy food, I would just use whatever sort of chili pepper you like best -- fresh or dried.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

Holy Smokes, Dalia that is really helpful. I've never heard of the Scoville_scale and I visit at least 20 different ethnic shops inside of 6 months with no clue how to gauge how a new spice would affect my palate.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

You've never been to the USA let alone grocery shopped in the USA to know how its packaged and sold.
Boss was American and brought chilli from there for restaurant. I dont need to go to a place to know what is sold there.

quote:
No one around here refers to cayenne pepper as "sweet chilli". No one around here refers to chilli powder as Mexican chilli powder.
On all cayenne pepper I have bought it says sweet chilli on it too.

The Mexican Chilli the boss brought back was from US, not my problem if your smallville town doesnt stock it. I didnt say 'chilli powder' was referred to as Mexican chilli powder, I said Mexican chilli is hotter.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

Boss was American and brought chilli from there for restaurant. I dont need to go to a place to know what is sold there.

quote:

The Mexican Chilli the boss brought back was from US, not my problem if your smallville town doesnt stock it. I didnt say 'chilli powder' was referred to as Mexican chilli powder, I said Mexican chilli is hotter.

My town is the 15th largest metropolitan in the USA, you Val are from hobbitville.

If you want to convince me then take a photo and upload it post it here.

Why would a cafe owner bring in spices when he can buy them in Egypt?

Have you ever brought in a year supply of anything to Egypt, let alone a cafe that must have 20 customers a day to stay afloat?

There is no way your boss could bring in enough of a spice even if he took a trip to Luxor every 60 days, that isn't how restaurants and cafes do business!

Make something else up to argue about Val or go make some friends to spend time with! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

quote:

My town is the 15th largest metropolitan in the USA, you Val are from hobbitville.
My city is 14th largest by population in UK

quote:
I am wrong, it says sweet pepper!

quote:
and you would know what you can or cant buy in Luxor? clue, you cant get Mexican chilli

quote:
Have you ever brought in a year supply of anything to Egypt, let alone a cafe that must have 20 customers a day to stay afloat?
yes, have you? oh no, you didnt manage to relocate yet, after how many years of banging on about it?

quote:
There is no way your boss could bring in enough of a spice even if he took a trip to Luxor every 60 days, that isn't how restaurants and cafes do business!
you know sod all about business in Egypt or how often the boss comes!

quote:
Make something else up to argue about Val or go make some friends to spend time with! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Amy I answered a query you are the one causing the argument. no blow jobs booked tonight? Business slow is it? [Roll Eyes]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

Ground cumin is fine, you might have to lessen it a bit because the ground equivalent to seeds might be a bit too much.

And yes use cayenne and not chili powder (mexican style). I wanted to make that obvious as Mexican chilli powder ,which is often sold as chili powder, consists of several spices.

Here they have 2 chili powders. The imported from (USA) is Mexican style. Local chili powder and that from India are just 1 ingredient, a very spicy pepper, basically cayenne or other hot red pepper.

Hope this clarifies things. Let me know how it turns out.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
-½ teaspoon cumin seeds

quote:

quote:

quote:
and you would know what you can or cant buy in Luxor? clue, you cant get Mexican chilli

quote:
yes, have you? oh no, you didnt manage to relocate yet, after how many years of banging on about it?

quote:

quote:
Amy I answered a query you are the one causing the argument. no blow jobs booked tonight? Business slow is it? [Roll Eyes]
Valerie how could you be so stupid to compare a place like the UK to USA?

My metro area is 5 million people. And how many folks are in your hobbitville?

Take the photo and upload or stop lying.

Not even reading all your garbage, Yeah I have plans tonight and tomorrow night.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] -½ teaspoon cumin seeds

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Valerie how could you be so stupid to compare a place like the UK to USA?
I wasnt, how could you be so stupid to think I was?

quote:
My metro area is 5 million people. And how many folks are in your hobbitville?
whoopy fecking do. 285000 people, hardly hobbitville.

quote:
Take the photo and upload or stop lying.
[Confused]
quote:
Not even reading all your garbage, Yeah I have plans tonight and tomorrow night.
liar, I want photos uploaded of your date, his full name and address, his work record, bank accounts and social security number and a pic of you with him while out. and no photoshopping! [Cool]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cool [Smile] I had doubts, just so you know, you're pretty intimidating (recipe wise [Big Grin] ) and I didn't know if it was to your liking. Glad you figured out the salt [Razz] [Big Grin]

P.S good to know you dug yourself out the blizzards

well still have like 3 foot hanging around..and more to come on monday..so it looks like i will be making up some recipes and experimenting at home.. [Razz]
i love hummus and was experimenting with different flavors at work yesterday. i added fresh cilantro and lime juice to the original hummus recipe...i think it was amazing ..the 2 tastes together was awesome [Razz]

That sounds great. And you know this (hummus) has been on my mind actually. I intend on learning how to make delcious authentic Hummus, like the ones they sell here in Hummus shops.

BTW as popular as Fuul is in Egypt, here it is Hummus.

Anyway this is a recipe that I want to learn before leaving here. When I do I will gladly share it with you and anyone else. I know it will require hard chick peas and not the can variety. I believe you have to soak them overnight or whatever and that's all I know.

It is more conveient to buy it fresh than making them from scratch. And when eating fresh hummus, having hummus made from canned chick peas, just doesn't cut it.

It just seems that making hummus from canned chick peas is different and when doing so you have to rely on other ingredients to "hide" that canned chick peas taste.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i use garbonzo beans..(chickpeas).soak them over night as well..easiest dish to make
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
i use garbonzo beans..(chickpeas).soak them over night as well..easiest dish to make

My bad Micky, [Big Grin] I thought you used canned chickpeas [Big Grin] I should have known better that you would make it from scratch. So on a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you like/love Hummus?

I prefer a cool plate of hummus during summer. And prefer hot breakfast meals during winter.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
on the scale of 1 to 10? AHHHHHHHHHH...11 love it.
i have been experimenting,trying different ingredients . roasted red peppers lime instead of lemon , and so on. the best i found yet was the cilantro and lime.
any one have some ideas to spice up your ordinary Hummus? would love to hear them [Smile]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid I use cans of chickpeas to make my hummus [Confused]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:

NO WORRIES yah...its still good that way. i just prefer to soak my beans first [Razz] [Wink]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never heard of mexican chili powder either but mccormik makes it so its real.i dont do well with spices. burns my toungue...ouch im a puss.here is the mexi chili powder.

http://www.mccormick.com/~/media/Images/Products/Product%20Details/Herbs%20and%20Spices/Spices%20A%20to%20Z/hot%20mexican%20style%20chili%20powder%202oz.ashx?w=225

i always make mild chili with the shillings dried powder and a dash of chili powder.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:

The good news is you are eating Grade B Hummus. The bad news is - you don't know what you're missing with Grade A Hummus. [Big Grin]

Grade A – Hummus made from soaked non canned chickpeas

Grade B – Hummus made from canned whole chickpeas

Grade C – Prepared Canned Hummus (Hummus Tahini Dip)

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i am still enjoying my cilantro- lime hummus [Razz] [Razz] [Wink]
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
Holy Smokes, Dalia that is really helpful. I've never heard of the Scoville_scale and I visit at least 20 different ethnic shops inside of 6 months with no clue how to gauge how a new spice would affect my palate.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

You're welcome. [Cool]

For anyone interested in chilis, I highly recommend this little book.
It's very interesting and an entertaining read.
 -

-

Peppers: A Story of Hot Pursuits

Here's everything you'd ever want to know about peppers
from someone who truly loves them. Naj, a journalist with
The Wall Street Journal, enthusiastically chronicles his quest
for information about chiles and the people who crave, cultivate,
and classify them. Peppered throughout with many amusing
anecdotes about this pungent fruit and its devotees, this well
researched book is as entertaining as it is informative. Unlike
Mark Miller's The Great Chile Book, which merely describes and
illustrates the more common varieties, Naj's title details the
beneficial medicinal properties of peppers, the techniques
designed to measure their hotness, the process of breeding
exotic varieties, the great chile sauce war, and other little
known but intriguing facts. Essential for all libraries whose
patrons enjoy hot, spicy food.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
i am still enjoying my cilantro- lime hummus [Razz] [Razz] [Wink]

OK Micky, what's the deal you going to share the recipe or do you just enjoy teasing us. The cilantro, I'm curious was it a garnish? And what other Hummus recipe experiments you been doing?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Ingredients:

* 2 1/2 cups of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1/4 cup of tahini
* 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
* 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
* pinch of freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1/3 cup of water
* parsley and olive oil to garnish

Preparation:

Put 1/2 the lemon juice and all ingredients into the blender except the chickpeas (and the parsley and oil for garnish) and blend for 5 seconds. Add the chick peas and blend on high until it reaches the the consistency of sour cream, but granular, about 10-15 seconds. Blend in remaining lemon juice to taste. If the dip is too thick but you don't want to add more lemon juice, add a little water slowly and blend until it reaches the correct consistency.

Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. (It can be eaten immediately, but becomes even more flavorful if left to chill well.)

Drizzle of olive oil over the top and add a garnish of parsley or black olives before serving. Serve with pita wedges or slices of whole grain breads.

ok there is the ordinary recipe. [Razz] [Wink]
the cilantro i added and lime juice ( instead of lemon and parsley )as it was in the food processor.
another one i did was add roasted red peppers to the original recipe. another time i added avocado
. there are so many different things you can add..and i know you Adam [Wink] you have the palate so you can think of things you like and then just add them

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Ingredients:

* 2 1/2 cups of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1/4 cup of tahini
* 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
* 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
* pinch of freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1/3 cup of water
* parsley and olive oil to garnish

Preparation:

Put 1/2 the lemon juice and all ingredients into the blender except the chickpeas (and the parsley and oil for garnish) and blend for 5 seconds. Add the chick peas and blend on high until it reaches the the consistency of sour cream, but granular, about 10-15 seconds. Blend in remaining lemon juice to taste. If the dip is too thick but you don't want to add more lemon juice, add a little water slowly and blend until it reaches the correct consistency.

Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. (It can be eaten immediately, but becomes even more flavorful if left to chill well.)

Drizzle of olive oil over the top and add a garnish of parsley or black olives before serving. Serve with pita wedges or slices of whole grain breads.

ok there is the ordinary recipe. [Razz] [Wink]
the cilantro i added and lime juice ( instead of lemon and parsley )as it was in the food processor.
another one i did was add roasted red peppers to the original recipe. another time i added avocado
. there are so many different things you can add..and i know you Adam [Wink] you have the palate so you can think of things you like and then just add them

Looking at the ingredients, I like everything there. So I will try it out and let you know how it tasted but judging by the ingredients I know it will be delicious. :-)
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
cant wait to hear [Razz] [Smile]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:

You got it boss. [Smile] My only dilemma is should I soak chickpeas overnight and go through the hummus making process or should I just go to my neighborhood Hummus shop and buy fresh plain hummus and mix the above ingredients with it?

Technically it would be the same, but just simplier.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i would go scratch , but that's just me, if you dont want to wait you can use someone elses hummus and add what you like, but do you know what they put in their hummus?
since when do you take the simple route? [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
i would go scratch , but that's just me, if you dont want to wait you can use someone elses hummus and add what you like, but do you know what they put in their hummus?

…you gave me an ear to an ear smile [Smile] I will do it from scratch, …..........mashi ya amora....
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

…you gave me an ear to an ear smile [Smile] I will do it from scratch, …..........mashi ya amora....
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] thats il mio ragazzo [Razz] bb
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You got it boss. [Smile] My only dilemma is should I soak chickpeas overnight and go through the hummus making process or should I just go to my neighborhood Hummus shop and buy fresh plain hummus and mix the above ingredients with it?

Technically it would be the same, but just simplier.

here is the correct way to soak and use your chickpeas [Razz]
http://mideastfood.about.com/od/tipsandtechniques/qt/dried_chickpeas.htm?nl=1

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com