Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » I Am Hungry Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Am Hungry Thread
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn I'm Hungry. [Big Grin]

I want to eat something light but filling. I want something simple but delcious. There's cold yellow basmati rice with mince meat in the fridge, there's pasta sauce, there's dhal, there's spagetti but I'm not in the mood for any of that.

I don't want to spend more than 10minutes tops cooking, preparing anything. I know I'm actually asking for a genie to appear and cook me something but seriously, I am hungry.

The freezer is stocked but nothing thawed, except for mince meat. And as I mentioned in another thread I am craving red meat. Past couple of months I have greatly deprived my self a juicy delcious red meat and now I WANT SOME!

Damn my mouth just watered after typing all that. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ladies and gentlemen, may i have your attention pleasse!

the first recipe for the I am hungry thread will include: (drumroll) [Big Grin]

1-mince meat
2-Cheddar Cheese
3-Moz Cheese

and Spagetti

What I will cook, is a Mans Meals, so ladies, if you are expecting candlelight, something charming, something recongizable then this is not the thread. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
You know when i was in egyot i had a cook. paid him 1000L.E cooked me lunch and dinner (at once) but he was also on call for extra. 24hrs 7 days a week.

kind of miss him. he cooked everything, duck, macarona, i mean everything, mahsi, kawari3, yeah i love kawara3.

everything fresh, the only thing he couldn't cook was seafood.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Okay [Smile]

I don't know what you would call this but it qualifies as a mans meals. [Razz]

1st chop onions, garlic and sautee em in OO. Then add mince meat about tennis ball size.

Cook until meat is brown, the add 1 can of kidney beans. Use a untensil and mash the kidney beans while they are cooking in the skillet with everything else. [Big Grin]

Add TEX-MEX seasoning (this is my secret recipe), then add a little water to the can empty can of kidney beans pour in skillet and let every thing simmer.

To my surprise, i thought that the kidney beans would suffice salt wise, considering that i poured the entire content in directly. But apparently not so add a little salt to your liking.

Now it is just a matter of do you want to eat it with pasta, or in a hero bread, personally I don't know.

but it;s great to have a choice.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
I forgot about the Cheeses BUT it's cool! It's splendid actually because when I am ready to eat, just top my sauce wuith cheddar cheese or moz, or both or whatever.

I want to play this jam in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9PMar_N64&feature=fvst

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i fink sumouns wuz bordes.....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
i fink sumouns wuz bordes.....

Finally!!! Someone responds to my thread. [Smile]

Tina, please sit down because I am more than just bored, I was lonely all night.

So how is everything in Iowa? Everything cool? You and Waleed kickin' it? Your boy still dating an older woman?

Me I am chilling, kicking it, maintaining, got my grup, hours all crazy I woke up like 6pm that's like what time in Iowa, u do the math. And my b!tch is about to wake up soon and I look like hell and smell like booze. But so what.

P.S **[but before I get in to that I just wanna say my recuipe rocks!!! just add a lot of cheddar cheese and it's all good]**

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i am awake again hopefully yr still here. ofcourse i will always respond to u. yr a true gentleman.well iowa has been better but at least it aint cold. and ya me and walid are fine. i am just worried cas he hasnt a new mobile yet and i havent heard from him in amonth. but when he gets a new phone he will call.and as for my son he lives in denver colorado now. we are not on speaking terms now. and he is done with older women i think he learned his lifes lesson on that.lol
his first child will be born soon. but he wants nothin to do with it. but i do cas its my first grandchild. so i keep in contact with this woman on face book.
ya its 3am here now. where is yr wife hunny?i dont even know what minced meat is. but i do love sharp chedder cheese. the best cheese in the world is land o lakes white american cheese. its so good on Casadias.
so what else is new with u and yrs?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i dont even know what minced meat is.

Tina, MINCED MEAT is what Americans call GROUND BEEF. The kind you use to make Hamburger Helper or spaghetti sauce. It seems the rest of the world calls this minced meat.

Not to be confused with MINCEMEAT which is an entirely different thing that perhaps one of our British friends can explain to us as I'm not entirely sure what it is either.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
quote:
i dont even know what minced meat is.

Tina, MINCED MEAT is what Americans call GROUND BEEF. The kind you use to make Hamburger Helper or spaghetti sauce. It seems the rest of the world calls this minced meat.

Not to be confused with MINCEMEAT which is an entirely different thing that perhaps one of our British friends can explain to us as I'm not entirely sure what it is either.

aaaaaa love my ground beef. thanks for lettin me know hun.
i cook 2 pound of ground beef and when its cooked i will add 3 small cans of hunts tomatoe sauce and 2 small cans of water and salt and pepper.let it simmer a while and cook down. aside from that cook 1 or 2 cups of rice. white rice and when the sause is ready pour it over the rice and eat.. mmmmm good.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
well i am awake again hopefully yr still here. ofcourse i will always respond to u. yr a true gentleman.well iowa has been better but at least it aint cold. and ya me and walid are fine. i am just worried cas he hasnt a new mobile yet and i havent heard from him in amonth. but when he gets a new phone he will call.and as for my son he lives in denver colorado now. we are not on speaking terms now. and he is done with older women i think he learned his lifes lesson on that.lol
his first child will be born soon. but he wants nothin to do with it. but i do cas its my first grandchild. so i keep in contact with this woman on face book.
ya its 3am here now. where is yr wife hunny?i dont even know what minced meat is. but i do love sharp chedder cheese. the best cheese in the world is land o lakes white american cheese. its so good on Casadias.

Hi Tina,

This thread here was a result of several influencing factors – hunger, boredom, booze.

It's seems like you got a lot of drama in your life at the moment. Your life as Arabs would put it “film Hindi”, (Indian Movie) [Big Grin]

Your son is having a baby, wow. But it's not cool to be on 'not speaking terms'. Life is too short for that kind of BS. I shouldn't really talk because I was like that for a while with my family. You need to get on Waleed's butt and tell him to buy any used Nokia phone. Damn Egyptians always wanting showoff phones, makes me sick.

Me, I'm okay. Actually I am a mess these days, more like a fratboy than a gentleman so don't be fooled by my charm. [Big Grin] Yeah past 72-96 hours I have been boozing, watching DVDs, playing video games, blasting music and this **** has to stop. But I'm stuck in this cycle where I awake at night and it's so bloody cold outside, that this is how I entertain myself. My wife though, she's fine, she cooked the most delicious thin crust pizza today. If you want the recipe just let me know. It's an easy recipe with quick rising dough that is made from scratch.

I got to get my sh!t together, I missed Friday's prayers. I have to shave, get a haircut, do something constructive. Maybe volunteer again by giving refugees English lessons. Maybe I'll go back to my cafe culture and just I dunno.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:

Hi Tina,

This thread here was a result of several influencing factors – hunger, boredom, booze.

It's seems like you got a lot of drama in your life at the moment. Your life as Arabs would put it “film Hindi”, (Indian Movie) [Big Grin]

Your son is having a baby, wow. But it's not cool to be on 'not speaking terms'. Life is too short for that kind of BS. I shouldn't really talk because I was like that for a while with my family. You need to get on Waleed's butt and tell him to buy any used Nokia phone. Damn Egyptians always wanting showoff phones, makes me sick.

Me, I'm okay. Actually I am a mess these days, more like a fratboy than a gentleman so don't be fooled by my charm. [Big Grin] Yeah past 72-96 hours I have been boozing, watching DVDs, playing video games, blasting music and this **** has to stop. But I'm stuck in this cycle where I awake at night and it's so bloody cold outside, that this is how I entertain myself. My wife though, she's fine, she cooked the most delicious thin crust pizza today. If you want the recipe just let me know. It's an easy recipe with quick rising dough that is made from scratch.

I got to get my sh!t together, I missed Friday's prayers. I have to shave, get a haircut, do something constructive. Maybe volunteer again by giving refugees English lessons. Maybe I'll go back to my cafe culture and just I dunno.

now u know we would welcome any recipes.. duh.. and u are a sweet man.and u know as well as all of us only u can get yrself out of that rut.take yr wifes hand and dance with her and just laugh. come on get away from the booze its bad for ya sweety. i hate it lol.WAKE UP HUN.....
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
You're right Tina. I got to wake the hell up. But I'm too fragile to go out dancing right now. -.-

But a drive and dinner out is a good start.

I'll get you the recipe later on.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
You're right Tina. I got to wake the hell up. But I'm too fragile to go out dancing right now. -.-

now how unromantic is that? u said its cold out so whats wrong with suprising yr woman and talking her by the hand lead her to the living room and start dancing now thats romantic. u dont need music when yr in love.and kiss her and ya know i dont need to tell ya the fundamentals of love... hehehehehe
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am finally home..went to work on friday morning with my bags packed due to the Blizzard we had, stayed in the corporate suite...beautiful, but i missed home
al my co workers stayed too , we raided the kitchen at 2 in the morning after drinking to many beers and vodka, but all was so much fun, it took me 1 hour just to get my car out of the snow bank
so glad i am home, now i can make that recipe you told me about Adam [Razz]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
damn we are gettin yr sh it now. been snowing since yesterday afternoon. what have u sent us? its suppose to snow until wednsday.

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
damn we are gettin yr sh it now. been snowing since yesterday afternoon. what have u sent us? its suppose to snow until wednsday.

well , my dear Tina , we are going to get hit tomorrow too! 12 to 21 inches [Mad] so sick of it [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
quote:

well , my dear Tina , we are going to get hit tomorrow too! 12 to 21 inches [Mad] so sick of it [Frown]
u and me both.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

now how unromantic is that? u said its cold out so whats wrong with suprising yr woman and talking her by the hand lead her to the living room and start dancing now thats romantic. u dont need music when yr in love.and kiss her and ya know i dont need to tell ya the fundamentals of love... hehehehehe
You are so right Tina, I can be pretty unromantic, It's Valentine's Day and I don't have a plan YET!

But yeah, I am out of my rut, out of my funk, and my mojo is back! Yes I braved daylight this week and did some pretty impressive constructive things.. like jog, supermarket shopping, etc! [Big Grin] :) [Big Grin]

Yeah I feel good.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
happy Valentine's Day Adam [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
happy Valentine's Day Adam [Wink]

Happy Valentine's Day to you too [Smile]

xoxoxo

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com