Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » for : ourluxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for : ourluxor
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FIG SLY CAKES [Razz]

6 ozs. cooked figs.

1 1/2 ozs. raisins.

3 ozs. chopped walnuts.

2 ozs. sugar.

1 1/2 ozs. currants.

Water.

Pastry :

8 ozs. flour.

2 ozs. castor sugar.

3 ozs. lard.

3 ozs. butter.

Pinch of salt.

MAKE filling by chopping figs and walnuts with currants and raisins. Add sugar and simmer, in sufficient water to cover, until tender and pulpy. Allow to cool. For the pastry, mix flour, sugar and salt, and light rub in the shortening. Mix to a paste with cold water. Put in a cool place for about 1 hour. Roll out pastry and line tin-a toffee-tray size is suitable. Spread in filling and cover with pastry. Seal edges and mark with back of knife, then brush with egg yolk and milk. Bake in a fairly hot oven for 20 to 30 minutes. When cool cut into squares.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!!!!!! Do I feel special, or what??????
Thanks Chef Mick, that sounds scrumptuous!

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ourluxor:
Wow!!!!!!! Do I feel special, or what??????
Thanks Chef Mick, that sounds scrumptuous!

my pleasure [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com