Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Welcome to FATVILLE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Welcome to FATVILLE
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263142/Burgers-big-dustbin-lids-coffins-need-cranes-obese-children-having-heart-attacks--supersized-US-town-causing-Jamie-Oliver-despair.ht ml

[Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly,that´s very typical American. [Frown]

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/commerce/091125/obesity-epidemic-fattest-countries?page=0,0

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Sadly,that´s very typical American. [Frown]

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/commerce/091125/obesity-epidemic-fattest-countries?page=0,0

And PR is part of that count too.

Germany was right behind the US by 1 percentage point.

I do understand how farm subsidies have spiked the production of foods which contribute to obesity.

While I do cycle home from work, this raises red flags to management and thus makes me unhirable as a permenant employee.

At this time I am attempting to find some index or checklist to gauge ahead of time whether an employer or metro area is friendly to the concept of cycling commutes. This factor will be in the top five criteria which will determine where I move to and who I work for.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt is there on the list,too.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Notice how the article only pointed out the barriers to Egypt's women lack of exercise?

As if men are not responsible for their extra poundage. And it was a western 'blonde' female journalist who put the article together.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another ridiculous article:

French fries count as vegetable!!!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1263261/Jamie-Oliver-left-speechless-learning-U-S-schools-class-chips-vegetables.html#ixzz0k84SKzm6

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

Notice how the article only pointed out the barriers to Egypt's women lack of exercise?

As if men are not responsible for their extra poundage. And it was a western 'blonde' female journalist who put the article together.

Thanks God the ¨blond¨adjective leaves me out here! [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com