Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Sure fire respiratory rejuvenator

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sure fire respiratory rejuvenator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its about summer and I am already into my first chest cold.

These things drag out for several weeks leaving me breathless and exhuasted.

Years ago I would take an over the counter pill for "bronchitus" and "asthma" like symptoms. It made me higher than a kite and kept me awake to work double shifts, 5 days in a row.

I am so tempted to try this again just to give my lungs a break.

I wonder if there is a tea or concoction of Arab origin that could do the same without the really high flying results.

Fungreek seeds drunk as a tea is okay but it still takes 2 weeks to have any effect.

Any ideas?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not another year of your moaning about your chest and snot and other wonderful disgusting things please! You sould like an old woman!

Get checked for allergies, sounds like excessive hay feaver to me.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Not another year of your moaning about your chest and snot and other wonderful disgusting things please! You sould like an old woman!

Snot is an upper respiratory thing, and it doesn't happen with summer colds.

Its "fever" not "feaver".

And hayfever strikes at the end of the summer/fall not this early. By the way I had been checked for alergies its not alergies.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

And hayfever strikes at the end of the summer/fall not this early. By the way I had been checked for alergies its not alergies.

bloody hell, you correcting my spelling for a change [Big Grin]

hayfever strikes whenever the pollen you are affected with is in the air, whether that is early summer or late summer. tree pollen and grass pollens come anytime. hayfever is not about hay, or flowers, any plant with pollen can cause an allergic reaction. I love the smell of fresh cut grass but it gets me in a bad way. good job there isnt a lot of grass in Luxor [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

hayfever strikes whenever the pollen you are affected with is in the air, whether that is early summer or late summer. tree pollen and grass pollens come anytime. hayfever is not about hay, or flowers, any plant with pollen can cause an allergic reaction. I love the smell of fresh cut grass but it gets me in a bad way. good job there isnt a lot of grass in Luxor [Big Grin]

Thats nice. I don't have alergies much of "hayfever" is due to alergies, which I don't have.

[Roll Eyes]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats nice. I don't have alergies much of "hayfever" is due to alergies, which I don't have.

[Roll Eyes]

thats a shame, means we gotta listen to your bronchial problems all summer again then. [Roll Eyes]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Do you mean allergies? [Wink]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually you can develop allergies at any point. I never had them until I was in my 30's and then they hit me like a ton of bricks, I was allergic to practically everything outside and some inside things as well.

Also, allergies hit at different times of the year. There are things blooming all year long, not just in spring and summer.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Actually you can develop allergies at any point. I never had them until I was in my 30's and then they hit me like a ton of bricks, I was allergic to practically everything outside and some inside things as well.

Also, allergies hit at different times of the year. There are things blooming all year long, not just in spring and summer.

My intial post isn't about allergies. Its about lower respiratory being beaten down from years of severe colds and whooping cough.

And as I stated earlier I was tested, thoroughly, I was also tested as a kid. Its not allergies.

I am aware that massive overnight allergies can be sparked by immune deficiency disorders.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Sono if you have had 'years of severe colds and whooping cough' causing 'lower respiratory' problems EVERY YEAR since then, then it is possible that you ARE allergic to something and as has been pointed out you can become allergic to something for NO REASON. I have taken Ibuprofen for headaches for years with no problems, then one day BANG I came out in huge itchy lumps and my entire body was buring to the point I was sat in the toilet at work while someone was passing me cold damp towels to cool me down, scared the shite outa me! even now one Ibuprofen, or anything with that in it makes me burn!. nothing to do with immune deficiency disorders either.

In any case I and loved one were only trying to help, if you slap that away thats fine, you sit and talk to yourself about your annual snot issues coz I have had 6 years of you whinging about your 'lower respiratory' problems and SNOT. You're worse than an old woman!

--------------------

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Sono if you have had 'years of severe colds and whooping cough' causing 'lower respiratory' problems EVERY YEAR since then, then it is possible that you ARE allergic to something and as has been pointed out you can become allergic to something for NO REASON. I have taken Ibuprofen for headaches for years with no problems, then one day BANG I came out in huge itchy lumps and my entire body was buring to the point I was sat in the toilet at work while someone was passing me cold damp towels to cool me down, scared the shite outa me! even now one Ibuprofen, or anything with that in it makes me burn!. nothing to do with immune deficiency disorders either.

In any case I and loved one were only trying to help, if you slap that away thats fine, you sit and talk to yourself about your annual snot issues coz I have had 6 years of you whinging about your 'lower respiratory' problems and SNOT. You're worse than an old woman!

Actually battler you are just provoking so you can attack. Because you are bored and alone.

As I stated I was test for allergies, to add to that I was test in the last year for allergies.

here's a tidbit:

Hygiene hypothesis
According to the hygiene hypothesis, proposed by David P. Strachan, allergic diseases are caused by inappropriate immunological responses to harmless antigens driven by a TH2-mediated immune response. Many bacteria and viruses elicit a TH1-mediated immune response, which down-regulates TH2 responses. The first proposed mechanism of action of the hygiene hypothesis stated that insufficient stimulation of the TH1 arm of the immune system lead to an overactive TH2 arm, which in turn led to allergic disease.[28] In other words, individuals living in too sterile an environment are not exposed to enough pathogens to keep the immune system busy. Since our bodies evolved to deal with a certain level of such pathogens, when it is not exposed to this level the immune system will attack harmless antigens, and thus normally benign microbial objects, like pollen, will trigger an immune response. [29]

The hygiene hypothesis was developed to explain the observation that hay fever and eczema, both allergic diseases, were less common in children from larger families, which were presumably exposed to more infectious agents through their siblings, than in children from families with only one child. The hygiene hypothesis has been extensively investigated by immunologists and epidemiologists and has become an important theoretical framework for the study of allergic disorders. It is used to explain the increase in allergic diseases that has been seen since industrialization, and the higher incidence of allergic diseases in more developed countries. The hygiene hypothesis has now expanded to include exposure to symbiotic bacteria and parasites as important modulators of immune system development, along with infectious agents.

Epidemiological data support the hygiene hypothesis. Studies have shown that various immunological and autoimmune diseases are much less common in the developing world than the industrialized world and that immigrants to the industrialized world from the developing world increasingly develop immunological disorders in relation to the length of time since arrival in the industrialized world.[30] Longitudinal studies in the third world demonstrate an increase in immunological disorders as a country grows more affluent and, presumably, cleaner[31]. The use of antibiotics in the first year of life has been linked to asthma and other allergic diseases.[32] The use of antibacterial cleaning products has also been associated with higher incidence of asthma, as has birth by Caesarean section rather than vaginal birth.[33][34]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allergies#Hygiene_hypothesis

I can dig up more stuff later if you'd like. But a huge amount of recent studies with peer reviews recreating the same data shows the "hygeine theory" has merit.

I for one spent 70% of my waking hours about 10 months a year outside when I wasn't asleep or in school. I rarely watched TV as a kid and rarely was inside.

Folks who vegetate indoors and live in sterile environments often develop allergies later in life when then are forced outdoors or put in highly toxic environments.

Ayisha you are toxic personality wise, it might explain why you have this hayfever thing.

After the results of the allergy testing was done, my chest was x-rayed. Yeah there's damage, ****-loads of it from living with a smoker while I was having all these upper and lower respiratory infections.

Of course I told the ex, after that point he would do most of my "cold remedy" errands and when my lungs just are up to snuff he will do my grocery shopping. He feels bad about it.

It'll take time to get my lungs up to adequate health. I just don't want to have to "take it easy" 2 weeks after the chest cold has cleared up.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Sono if you have had 'years of severe colds and whooping cough' causing 'lower respiratory' problems EVERY YEAR since then, then it is possible that you ARE allergic to something and as has been pointed out you can become allergic to something for NO REASON. I have taken Ibuprofen for headaches for years with no problems, then one day BANG I came out in huge itchy lumps and my entire body was buring to the point I was sat in the toilet at work while someone was passing me cold damp towels to cool me down, scared the shite outa me! even now one Ibuprofen, or anything with that in it makes me burn!. nothing to do with immune deficiency disorders either.

Actually battler you are just provoking so you can attack. Because you are bored and alone.
sorry I dont have time to be bored, I have plenty to do, unlike yourself who is the one attacking people who tried to HELP your situation.

quote:
As I stated I was test for allergies, to add to that I was test in the last year for allergies.
good, then its a chest problem will probably get worse as you get older which means we will hear about it for the coming years as we have for the last 6.

quote:
here's a tidbit:
sorry no time to read that blurb

quote:
I can dig up more stuff later if you'd like. But a huge amount of recent studies with peer reviews recreating the same data shows the "hygeine theory" has merit.
so you are unhygeinic and thats why you have a chest problem? [Confused]

quote:
I for one spent 70% of my waking hours about 10 months a year outside when I wasn't asleep or in school. I rarely watched TV as a kid and rarely was inside.
me too, I was too busy exploring the world around me and up trees.

quote:
Folks who vegetate indoors and live in sterile environments often develop allergies later in life when then are forced outdoors or put in highly toxic environments.

Ayisha you are toxic personality wise, it might explain why you have this hayfever thing.

I dont have heyfever anymore, havent had for over 20 years although cut grass still makes me sneeze for half a day but thats it. So according to your theory your toxic personality may have something to do with your chest problems?

quote:
After the results of the allergy testing was done, my chest was x-rayed. Yeah there's damage, ****-loads of it from living with a smoker while I was having all these upper and lower respiratory infections.
you said lots of colds and whooping cough, now you blame your ex?

quote:
Of course I told the ex, after that point he would do most of my "cold remedy" errands and when my lungs just are up to snuff he will do my grocery shopping. He feels bad about it.
so you made him think it was his fault when the damage that has been done is from the many cols and whooping cough as a kid, nice one!

quote:
It'll take time to get my lungs up to adequate health. I just don't want to have to "take it easy" 2 weeks after the chest cold has cleared up.
Your lungs will always be a problem, they will be scared from illnesses. get a Ventalin inhaler for the breathlesness, they dont make you drowzy and its instant.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Sono if you have had 'years of severe colds and whooping cough' causing 'lower respiratory' problems EVERY YEAR since then, then it is possible that you ARE allergic to something and as has been pointed out you can become allergic to something for NO REASON. I have taken Ibuprofen for headaches for years with no problems, then one day BANG I came out in huge itchy lumps and my entire body was buring to the point I was sat in the toilet at work while someone was passing me cold damp towels to cool me down, scared the shite outa me! even now one Ibuprofen, or anything with that in it makes me burn!. nothing to do with immune deficiency disorders either.

sorry I dont have time to be bored, I have plenty to do, unlike yourself who is the one attacking people who tried to HELP your situation.

quote:
good, then its a chest problem will probably get worse as you get older which means we will hear about it for the coming years as we have for the last 6.

quote:
here's a tidbit:
sorry no time to read that blurb

quote:
so you are unhygeinic and thats why you have a chest problem? [Confused]

quote:
me too, I was too busy exploring the world around me and up trees.

quote:

I dont have heyfever anymore, havent had for over 20 years although cut grass still makes me sneeze for half a day but thats it. So according to your theory your toxic personality may have something to do with your chest problems?

quote:
you said lots of colds and whooping cough, now you blame your ex?

quote:
so you made him think it was his fault when the damage that has been done is from the many cols and whooping cough as a kid, nice one!

quote:
Your lungs will always be a problem, they will be scared from illnesses. get a Ventalin inhaler for the breathlesness, they dont make you drowzy and its instant.

I am not going to even read your response because you are flooding this thread with intimidation so no other username will feel comfortable giving a useful response.

You're point is made, in order to start or respond to a thread on ES I need to wait until you move from Egypt to the UK and get yourself into medication therapy. [Roll Eyes]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
I am not going to even read your response because you are flooding this thread with intimidation so no other username will feel comfortable giving a useful response.

you should have read it before you accuse ME of intimidation. How many rsponses do you get about your chest problems each year Amy?

quote:
You're point is made, in order to start or respond to a thread on ES I need to wait until you move from Egypt to the UK and get yourself into medication therapy. [Roll Eyes]
So you're leaving ES forever? You are the sick one, not me.

Ventalin, Farcolin. This will ease your breathing without making you drowzy. I was given Farcolin injections here when I had Bronchial Asthma a year or so ago and it is truely like breathing fresh air instantly.

No use bothering to move to Egypt as with this annual problem you will not cope with the air here.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told last year I developed an allergy to the pollution here in Cairo.

I was simply given meds and like the grown up I am I built a bridge a got the feck over it.

Grow up and quit seeking sympathy you sociopathetic freak of nature.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

I was simply given meds and like the grown up I am I built a bridge a got the feck over it.

Lose 50 lbs, earn an education, develop a career, stop freeloading off your parents and become a self-supporting adult.

Then you can criticize me.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

Lose 50 lbs, earn an education, develop a career, stop freeloading off your parents and become a self-supporting adult.

Then you can criticize me.

I have met ferret and according to the real view of her compared to the pics we have seen of you, she is at least a good 50lbs lighter than you are. She is certainly WAY more educated than you will ever be and her careers and CV would drown yours in the first paragraph. whatever gave you the idea she is freeloading off her parents? more fantasy sono?

I suppose in your situation its much easier to live with yourself if you develop this egotistical view of your superiority over others, but its not REAL sono and one day you will have to accept that.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Only 50lbs lighter... sheesh, I need to diet [Wink] You are so pissing up the wrong tree.... AGAIN

I am WAY more educated, somethings are a given, not bad for a girl my age eh??? [Wink] ( apparently I am under 30 [Wink] )

Freeload lmfao... keep clutching [Big Grin] .

You know nothing about me or my husband so why not wind yer neck in and get a job under the Golden Arches????

Want fries with that [Wink]

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when does cheeky have a husband? [Eek!]
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Since when does cheeky have a husband? [Eek!]

[Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com