Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Brie and Asparagus in Phyllo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brie and Asparagus in Phyllo
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brie and Asparagus in Phyllo

* 5 or 6 sheets phyllo dough (based on 18 by 14-inch sheets which are often sold in packs of 18 to 20 for thickness, number 4)
* 1 cup melted butter
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
* 1 small wheel brie cheese (about 8 ounces), cut into 16 mini-wedges
* 16 asparagus tips, blanched

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Make sure phyllo is completely defrosted. Once removed from package, you will need to cover phyllo with waxed paper and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out. Lay out sheet of dough, lightly butter with pastry brush. Fold sheet in half, butter again. Keep re-buttering and folding in half (probably 3 "folds" total) until you have a rectangle with dimensions close to 4 by 4 inches. Cut into 3 sections. Sprinkle Parmesan on each piece of dough. Crumble a bit of brie on each. Lay asparagus tip on top and roll dough around asparagus. The tip of the asparagus should show out of the end. Repeat to make 16 pieces. Lay all pieces out on a cookie sheet. Brush each piece with butter and bake in oven until golden brown. Serve warm.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds great.  -

I love cooking with phyllo dough.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too....i use it alot with easy desserts
like making little pockets with raspberry preserves and chocolate in them .

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use it mostly for Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dishes. Spanakopita, for example ... so easy and yummy. [Smile]

-

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or my seafood and veggie cups
 -

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds wonderful Micky. I love both Brie and Asparagus. Do you have a picture?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
 -

-

I've just been to the farmer's market yesterday, so my fridge is packed with fresh veggies. But when I've used them up I will try to experiment with this recipe. [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
This sounds wonderful Micky. I love both Brie and Asparagus. Do you have a picture?

here ya go [Razz]

-

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
made this monday for dinner and it was excellent..i also made a Dijon mustard sauce to dip it into.the mustard sauce added exactly what i wanted.
dijon mustard, little mayo and fresh flat leaf parsley chopped very fine

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mick, can you use filo to make individual Beef Wellingtons?
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
you can but i always use puff pastry for that..filo might be too flimsy
if you use like alot of sheets maybe it will work
i know i have used it for little pockets for cheeses,it took like 6 sheets with buttering each one to keep the cheese from oozzzzzing out [Big Grin] try it and let me know
i am still thinking maybe the juices from the steak will leak somewhat and cause the bottom to be soggy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com