Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » dips

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dips
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just invented a good dip for crackers or its wonderful on hot flatbread

1 can (13oz.)of artichoke hearts
1 pkg' of cream cheese
1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
1 large garlic clove
4 leaves of fresh basil
pinch of red pepper flakes
put all ingred. in a food processor and burr till smooth
[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mickey...do you have the recipe for the eggplant dip? I ate it while in egypt and fell in love with it!

Ohh and the fish soup...it had a light creamy base with shrimp, pieces of fish and these little bitty shellfish..the kind I find in Florida that the birds are always eating lol

It also had onions and I think maybe celery..not sure but my friend called it either seafood soup or fish soup.

The eggplant dip was the best stuff!

Thanks!

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you mean baba ganoush

* 4 large eggplants – whole
* 6 tablespoons lemon juice – fresh
* 4 heaped tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
* 3 cloves garlic – peeled
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 1 sprig Italian parsley – as garnish

1. The first thing to remember is neither to peel the eggplant not to chop its stem.

2. Pierce each side of the eggplants with a fork. Place the whole eggplants in the oven and roast them for about 45 minutes turning them over 2 or 3 times.

* The eggplants are done when the outer shell is blackened or charred, and the inside is soft.

3. Allow to cool a little bit. Cut the aubergines open lengthwise with a knife, and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. Put the pulp in a mixing bowl and mash it into a puree with a fork or blender. Discard the skin.

* If you use a food processor, be careful not to liquidize the eggplant pulp.

4. Use mortar and pestle to crush the peeled garlic with the salt into a smooth paste.

5. Add the lemon juice and the tahini alternately to the mortar, mixing it well with the pestle or a wooden spoon.

6. Add the tahini mixture to the eggplant puree and beat it gently but thoroughly until the babaganoush has a smooth consistency

7. Serve chilled or at room temperature with

olive oil, pita bread, radishes, and green onions.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com