Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Croutons Substitute - Pita Bread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Croutons Substitute - Pita Bread
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took this pic few days ago on a cellphone, so excuse the resolution, my camera needs a new battery, or whatever.

Anyway, it's no secret I love seafood. So I prepared this brunch with shrimp, smoked salmon, chillies and a prepared French soup from Carrefour called “Soupe de Possions.” The only thing that was missing were the croutons. But I improvised by cutting pita bread in little squares and then heating them on the skillet until they got nice and crisp.

The result was a delicious subsitute.

So if croutons are not an options do what I did and slice the pita bread and heat them in the skillet for a couple of minutes.

-

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or you can take any bread , rolls, etc. and cut them into pieces.`.put them in hot oil with garlic and onion powder and a sprig of fresh rosemary.fry them until crisp, then the minute they come out drain them on a paper towel and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on them ( i prefer Locatelli Romano cheese) [Razz]
"A" YOUR PLATTER LOOKS GREAT AS USUAL

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vuvuzela2010
Member # 17845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vuvuzela2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow!I never knew Egyptians liked spices as well.
All I know is they are very tough but not aware they like hot food as well.
Pita bread and shrimps not sure how well they blend together.

choosehottubsdirect.com reviews|pull out shelves Raleigh

--------------------

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vuvuzela2010:
Oh wow!I never knew Egyptians liked spices as well.
All I know is they are very tough but not aware they like hot food as well.
Pita bread and shrimps not sure how well they blend together.

the Pita was for the french soup that he mentioned NOT the shrimp [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
or you can take any bread , rolls, etc. and cut them into pieces.`.put them in hot oil with garlic and onion powder and a sprig of fresh rosemary.fry them until crisp, then the minute they come out drain them on a paper towel and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on them ( i prefer Locatelli Romano cheese) [Razz]
"A" YOUR PLATTER LOOKS GREAT AS USUAL

Thanks for the tips [Smile] Those sound very simple yet delicious alternatives to croutons.

I'll defintely try 'em next time when I'm having soup.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com