Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Toffee Gooey Butter Cake

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toffee Gooey Butter Cake
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toffee Gooey Butter Cake [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Ingredients:

Cake:
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1 (18.2- ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (1 pound) box confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup toffee bits
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.

In the bowl of an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well. Pat evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan and set aside.

In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, confectioners’ sugar and butter. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Fold in the toffee bits with a spatula.

Pour the filling over the cake mixture and spread it evenly. Bake until the center is just a little bit gooey, about 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dicoa
Member # 17985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dicoa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess this is the best thread here heheheh [Smile]
Yeah because I love to eat and I love foods.
And as far as I know, Chef Mick, You are the best Chef. I love cake and I'm gonna try this one. I wish you could be the one to taste it, it would be an honor.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dicoa:
I guess this is the best thread here heheheh [Smile]
Yeah because I love to eat and I love foods.
And as far as I know, Chef Mick, You are the best Chef. I love cake and I'm gonna try this one. I wish you could be the one to taste it, it would be an honor.

all depends on where you live? ill be happy to taste this recipe...love toffee [Razz] and thank you for your kindness [Smile] very rare on here lately
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Chef Mick

I have to admit I have been drooling over many of your recipes for ages. Just wish I had the time and the ingredients to actually make something.

Toffee bits ...... where the heck can I find them in Cairo ? What could I use as a substitute ?

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you find toffee candy? any thing toffee? ill bring some with me when i come on sept 6 [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
ohhhhhhhhhhhh and thanks for your comment [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com