Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » GREEN PEPPER STEAK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GREEN PEPPER STEAK
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREEN PEPPER STEAK

2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1-2 green peppers, cut into 1/4" strips
1 lb. flank steak
2 tbsp. cornstarch in 2 tbsp. cold water
1 c. chicken broth
3 tbsp. soy sauce (more if desired)
2-3 firm tomatoes, cut into wedges (peeled, if desired)
Boiled rice

Thinly slice the steak directly across the grain with the knife tilted at a 45 angle to the cutting board.

Heat oil in the wok and stir fry the green peppers 1-2 minutes or until their green color brightens. Push aside. Stir fry the steak 3- 4 minutes. Return the green peppers to the steak in the wok. Stir the cornstarch mixture, broth and soy sauce into the steak and peppers. Add the tomato wedges and continue heating until the sauce is thickened and clear and the tomatoes are heated through. Serve at once with rice.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna post a pic of the first recipe you gave me here [Razz]
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rib steak is approaching room temp.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com