Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Refreshing Summertime Drinks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Refreshing Summertime Drinks
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watermelon Juice

Cut watermelon into cube size & deseed
Put the deseeded watermelon in blender
Add some cold water
Blend for a a little while
Add Ice Cubes
Blend Again to desired thickness

If you need to sweeten the watermelon just added dissolved (in lukewarm water) sugar

An effortlessly amazing fruit juice drink for summer

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mango Lassi

1 1/4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh mango pulp*
1/3 cup cold water
1 to 2 tablespoons honey or sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
9 to 10 standard-size ice cubes

* Canned or frozen mango may be substituted.

If using a fresh mango, peel and remove the flesh from the pit; cut mango into small pieces.

In a blender, add yogurt, lemon juice, mango pulp, water, and honey or sugar. Blend approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until you see a little forming in the mixture. Add the ice and blend until frothy!

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet both of these would be good frozen for popsicles for the kids. I make the popsicles so they don't have the artificial ones.

Does anyone have any idea if the live cultures in the yogurt will live when frozen?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they would be just fine ...already did them [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Watermelon Juice

Cut watermelon into cube size & deseed
Put the deseeded watermelon in blender
Add some cold water
Blend for a a little while
Add Ice Cubes
Blend Again to desired thickness

If you need to sweeten the watermelon just added dissolved (in lukewarm water) sugar

An effortlessly amazing fruit juice drink for summer

i just made this, the watermelon i bought wasnt that sweet so i added some sugar and fresh mint ...put it all in a juicer machine and wella . got it .i poured the rest in ice cube trays for later use.
i took the juice and added some lime seltzer water, very refreshing [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com