Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Popcorn

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Popcorn
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... I want to make my own popcorn. I have a intense hatred of salt and I am not overly keen on butter (mostly cos of the salt)...

How do I make sweet sweet and sticky popcorn.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ingredients

1/2 C Organic Coconut Oil

1/2 C Raw Filtered Honey

1/4 C Organic Maple Syrup

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp vanilla

5 C popped Organic Popcorn
-

Mix all wet ingredients & salt but vanilla (added at the end of boiling)bring to boil for 1.5 minutes.

Pour over popped corn and mix thoroughly.

Bake at 325 for 10 minutes, stir on pan, bake for another 5 with oven off.

Let cool and store immediately in a ziploc bag.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it all have to be organic? Have you seen the crap I pump into my body [Wink]

Is all that stuff available here?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you dont have to use organic, use the honey and maple syrup you can get,do you have a micro wave?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I don't have a microwave... Just a stove that dates back to Crimean War.
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear, do you really mean 1/2 a CUP of coconut oil, and other wet ingredients amounting to 1.1/4 cup liquid on only 5 CUPS popcorn?

-

[Mine would look rustic, chunky and basic, perhaps with my own runnerbeans, as well.]

My favourite food these days is paella, with chicken, chorizo and seafruit on top. Always with a pinch of rosemary. I bothered once with this yellow spice, safran, but for the live of me cannot make out the taste, so I just use dried, ground, yellow root. Chicken pieces I fry with the onion, so no sticking to the pan and they come out beautiful and brown. I prefer to steep my rice, so I can measure the water beforehand. Such a soothing dish and one gets to eat chicken, pork and fish in one dish. Otherwise get the halal ingredients. Is seafruit halal?

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
what are seafruit?
and yes i meant 5 cups of coconut oil, it makes like a candy mixture at the end

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
what are seafruit?
and yes i meant 5 cups of coconut oil, it makes like a candy mixture at the end

-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruits_de_mer

Thank you.

Fruit de Mer: pieces of crab, calimari, mussle etc. You can get the fresh stuff or the mixed frozen stuff. Lay it on the rice for the last 5 minutes.

Any day now, my yellow salad beans will be ready to harvest. I love them for a Salade Nicoise, at least my version with lots of boiled patatoe to make a cold meal.

-

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
LOOKS DELICIOUS thanks for posting that , now i am so hungry for seafruit [Wink] [Razz]
CaSaLiNGa
Member # 18049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaSaLiNGa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything out of the sea is in fact Halal.
Posts: 15 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com