Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » IMPROVED FRENCH TOAST

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IMPROVED FRENCH TOAST
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Chef Mick,

I'm always experimenting, and came to improve French toast. To me this has to be a sweet dish, otherwise one could just fry the frigging eggs and be done!

You need two soup plates, and two eggs, and to pieces of healthy bread, with some bran in it.

One plate gets the egg mixed with cream, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt. The other plate only egg and some little bit of salt. You double dip the bread, starting with the crust all around; first in the creamy egg, then in the plain egg. Next you fry them in a flat pan with plenty butter and a little oil, and you shake the pan to prevent sticking. I give it a quick hit to the side of the sink. You get a nice brown crust.

Then you eat it with icing sugar and grounded cinnamon, or jam, or honey.

Do you agree with this innovation?

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I give it a quick hit to the side of the sink." [Big Grin] ..so funny, but yes sounds great to me
i love this with maple syrup also.....my favorite breakfast, and i add my cinnamon to the cream mixture, love my cinnamon
thanks for sharing this sounds wonderful [Wink]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
"I give it a quick hit to the side of the sink." [Big Grin] ..so funny, but yes sounds great to me
i love this with maple syrup also.....my favorite breakfast, and i add my cinnamon to the cream mixture, love my cinnamon
thanks for sharing this sounds wonderful [Wink]

It's actually the whole sheet of metal, don't know the name, but extants all the way to the stove. Yes, its all in te wrist. But I read that cinnamon is usually Cassia bark. Do you have real cinnamon, and does it tast better? Love a stick in my harira, or in my tajine.

RAMADAN MUBAREK!

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
real cinnamon tastes SO much better. I find the cassia bark version sets off my gag reflex and leaves a bad aftertaste.

Real cinnamon was so hard to find in the US for me, but I find the real deal much more commonly in the med regions. Packaging tends to lie.. so I try out different brands until I find one without the aftertaste.

Cinnabon, uses the cassia bark version, and uses so much, that its easy to get familiar with.

Good luck [Smile]

Posts: 46 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
real cinnamon tastes SO much better. I find the cassia bark version sets off my gag reflex and leaves a bad aftertaste.

Real cinnamon was so hard to find in the US for me, but I find the real deal much more commonly in the med regions. Packaging tends to lie.. so I try out different brands until I find one without the aftertaste.

Cinnabon, uses the cassia bark version, and uses so much, that its easy to get familiar with.

Good luck [Smile]

- [Bami]

You are such a lifesaver; but isn’t the gag reflex not a bit too refined? Are you attempting to put a stick of cinnamon in your throat? But thank you for the tip. I will try the Turkish supermarket and ask for Tarcin. I remember visiting a friend and his sister was steeping something akin to a whole bloc of wood to make Cinnamon tea for her ailing infant. These day's all my happiness in this world is destroyed because the supermarket has changed the sweet Ketjap sauce and I need to look for another brand. It has no browning power or taste anymore. My whole pan of Bami just remained reddish from the tomato paste, no trace of the brown.

pinkyshayde
Member # 18164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkyshayde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been visiting this forum for quiet a long time and have took some recipes from here and gave them a try. Just now i realized to join and be part of this wonderful community. I have learned so many recipes from Che Mick and the others who shared their recipes here too.
And i'd like to share the experience with this improved French toast.
I used honey coz that's our favorite and not just me but my mom loved it also.
So we decided to make it the star of our gathering while chatting with fresh fruits juice. and everyone enjoyed it asking how it was made so i shared it to them.
Thanks a bunch for sharing.

colorado springs office suites
auto transport quote

--------------------
colorado springs office suites
auto transport quote

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com