Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » MY RUNNER BEANS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MY RUNNER BEANS
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

These past weeks I have been steadily eating my own Runner Beans, and Yellow Salad Beans. I did not plant a lot and started rather late in the season, but they are such a joy.

I had them as Stamppot: mashed Potatoes mixed with vegetable, eaten with a meaty sauce, like Dutch meatballs. Or just by itself.

Slice beans, boil till soft, not crunchy. Boil potatoes well, mash with butter, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix with the boiled beans.

The simple style of the photo goes nicely with oven roasted chicken leggs and French Fries. Or with white rice and some Indonesian style, smothered spiced chicked.

-

Or I like to make Salad Niçoise, usually a whole batch for a few days. I like to have it as a complete salad meal, especially when the weather is hot. It travels well to the park or beach.

Boil plenty of patatoe slices. Boil large pieces of Runner Beans. Chop tomatOes in 8 or 12 pieces. Boil 4 eggs. Chop vinager preserved gherkins finelly. Open a can of a chunck of oil based Tuna fish. Drain the oil, mix the oil with lemon juice or some nice vinegar. Drain the potatoes, mix with the gherkins and mix with 2/3 of the vinaigrettee.

Make four plates. First the patatoes, then layer the beans, tomatoes and egg, cut in four and chunks of tuna. Decorate with briny black olives.

Right before eating, spoon some more vinaigrette on the top.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok.will do just that.
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
ok.will do just that.

If you could only write a little longer pieces, your reactions might be entertaining as well. I rely on the Word program to be able to write a passable english, as I'm not a native english speaker.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I write amazingly long pieces on here. Maybe not that entertaining, but usually well researched and pretty relevant to the subject. I try also not to be abusive, relying on my bone chilling condescension, and maybe now and again I have offered an opinion that has proved useful or thought provoking.
We are talking about FOOD here! Whadya want me to say!!!
Sounds nice, tomorrow or Friday, will prepare some Salad Nicoise, and hopefully it will look as great and appetising as the picture.
Will let you know.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Nice to see one that doesn't include '3 cups of butter' etc.
Healthy.
OK ???????? [Razz]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:

We are talking about FOOD here! Whadya want me to say!!!
Sounds nice, tomorrow or Friday, will prepare some Salad Nicoise, and hopefully it will look as great and appetising as the picture.
Will let you know.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Nice to see one that doesn't include '3 cups of butter' etc.
Healthy.
OK ???????? [Razz]

Thank you. You have provided much insight. I was imagining we are having a transworld cocktail party and as we mingle we exchange our bon mots, little witticism, and recipes too. No fighting, just lusting after food.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com