Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Is it abnormal for an adult to be picky like a kid over food?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it abnormal for an adult to be picky like a kid over food?
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, you know its normal for a kid to be too picky about what they eat. But I keep having a fight with my boyfriend cuz I wont eat anything I cook him.

I wont eat meat if it has a bone or dark color in it. Seriously, put anything with a bone in it on my plate and ill freak.

even when we go out, or eat at peoples houses, i have to pick thru everything before i dig in to see whats in it, and i have to sniff it before i put it in my mouth,

i wont eat:
eggs, beans, rice (reminds me of maggots), most cheese, beef, turkey, pork, cakes/cookies/pastries, candy, olives, avocados, cream sauce, burgers, french fries, salad dressing etc etc...

its like all i want is yogurt, string cheese, spaghetti, chinese (no rice), boneless skinless chicken breast smothered in some kind of bbq sauce to kill the meat taste, chicken nuggets and fish.

is this like a disorder or something?

my man loves to watch the food network like cooking shows and stuff and even when they are making what makes everyone go omg that looks so good! my tummy starts turning and im like Ew!!!!

i also have an intense fear of going to restaurants cuz im scared someone spits in my food or touches it.

like, ill cook anything, but wont eat it. im known, even by egypians lol, of making big nice meals for them but then as they are chowing down, im there with a bowl of cereal.

last night for dinner i made some spanish chicken with red peppers and rice and beans for him, and i had a cup of bb yogurt.

even now its, 1:12pm and i have eaten not one thing today yet, nor have a desire too.

i dont like to eat. id rather drink food. i absolutely LOVE slim fast drinks, ensure and V8 juice. in no way am i an anoerexic nor am i super skinny, but i just dont like eating. sometimes i get so hungry but i just dont wanna eat anything.
i dont have any kind of body image issues, or skinny addiction or fat problem or whatever...never even crossed my mind.

i see the stuff chef puts up on here and sometimes i even copy the recipe and make it for others, but have no desire to eat it myself.

am i nuts?!

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no its not strange just like i wont eat cooked veggies. and the look and smell of corn makes me queesy..

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina, send me over your veggies next time. I love them!! [Smile]

When I cook for my family I usually can't eat straight away. The smell from cooking makes me full for a while. Is this normal???

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaSaLiNGa
Member # 18049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaSaLiNGa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That happens to me too, Miss_Tigerlily! I'm usually very hungry when I start cooking lunch and by the time I'm done, I'm just not anymore!

As for not eating a lot of different foods, and being so very picky Mama_Dukez, I think it's normal but not necessarily healthy. I, too, don't eat all kinds of cheese except for Mozzarella and Parmaggiano, don't eat beans, chicken, almost all vegetables but eventually it did 'cause me some stomach problems. As I grew older I tried to force myself to just taste some of the stuff that I disliked, welll, since I love cooking and usually the smell is great (even if it contains an ingredient that I disliked). So maybe next time you cook something you know you don't eat just consider trying it for the fun of it. [Smile]

Posts: 15 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
Tina, send me over your veggies next time. I love them!! [Smile]

When I cook for my family I usually can't eat straight away. The smell from cooking makes me full for a while. Is this normal???

i get full smelling when i cook as well but sorry tiger i never buy veggies so cant send em.and i love my cheese especiall white american cheese from wal mart.. melt it on a flour tortilia and u get a great quesidellia.
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaSaLiNGa:

That happens to me too, Miss_Tigerlily!

To me too.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat and drink in even numbers!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krishna
Member # 12633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krishna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how odd

--------------------
when you see a sacred cow..milk it for all it's worth

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Momma_Dukez:
am i nuts?!

If you can function, you are not sick. If these dislikes get in the way of a normal live, you need help. Are you asking for help?

I wonder at so much unknown suffering in the world. This is definetly a disease from a society who has too much food, who have a choice. So we cannot blame anyone.

I suddenly remember a news item about a black-out restaurant in Japan (?) where you cannot see the food. Might this help you, to get over your fears?

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have that stomach band removed. then possibly you'd return to eating normal food.
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
quote:
am i nuts?!

If you can function, you are not sick. If these dislikes get in the way of a normal live, you need help. Are you asking for help?

I wonder at so much unknown suffering in the world. This is definetly a disease from a society who has too much food, who have a choice. So we cannot blame anyone.

I suddenly remember a news item about a black-out restaurant in Japan (?) where you cannot see the food. Might this help you, to get over your fears?

heck no never cas the first time i taste somethin crunchy i will puke thinkin its monkey brains fried or some kinda corn.. ewwww, i also have a habbit of smelling my food before i will eat it. if its stinky it goes no where near my mouth
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

How would you catch it in the dark? Isn't it Japanese food that can be still walking or swimming around when you eat it? [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:
quote:
am i nuts?!

heck no never cas the first time i taste somethin crunchy i will puke thinkin its monkey brains fried or some kinda corn.. ewwww, i also have a habbit of smelling my food before i will eat it. if its stinky it goes no where near my mouth
I'm very sorry to hear this as food is sometimes used as a tranquiliser. For instance; I'm going through my old taxpapers and become very agitated because I cannot make out head or tail and feel robbed all the time. So for two days I tried the Moroccan Bestilla: first the chicken, today the fish. They were okay, but not really the sweet pastry I remember from Casablanca. These were quite hefty, solid filling and no grounded nuts on the inside, but almond flakes and carmelised sugar on the outside.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

How would you catch it in the dark? Isn't it Japanese food that can be still walking or swimming around when you eat it? [Confused]
That's the kick, you eat by taste and smell alone without the benefit of sight.

There are also Cat Cafe's in Japan where you go to play with the cat's they keep at this place, for people who cannot keep a pet at home. The cats seem to act spoiled and aloof from so much attention.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com