Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » micky i need u again...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: micky i need u again...
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i have this huge pot roast looks sooo good buttt i want to make somethin with gravy and potatoes for my rice.i have tried crok pots before but i wasnt too keen on the taste i need a few recipes that will make me some awesom gravy.. can u help.. i have to leave at 5 am to go to the dentist 3 hrs away sucks to be me huh... well anyways i sure hope u can add a few recipes that would taste good in oven or crock pots...make me sommethin good. and i will try it when i get home..luis called yesterday and he will leave mex. thursday so i will be alone for the rest of the week so i wanna make this to eat on all week.. i am a rice freak.. so make it good hunny.. and u know me i hate veggies. so if u can include some turnip greens in the menu thats fine.. love ya sis..
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in the crock pot , put your roast, add 1 cup of water or red wine.1 can of cream of celery or i use cream of mushroom soup.and 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix.
you can add herbs to it also..i just thrown in a rosemary stalk and some fresh thyme. and let it cook till desired doneness..makes the best gravy ever , and you dont need to add flour or anything ..it will automatically turn into some good gravy...trust me on this one...winner every time and so easy

A Southern-style turnip green recipe with salt pork.
Ingredients:

* 4 to 4 1/2 pounds turnip greens
* 1 pound salt pork, rinsed and diced or bacon
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 1 cup finely chopped onion
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
* a dash of crushed red pepper, optional

Preparation:
Cut off and discard tough stems and discolored leaves from greens. Wash greens thoroughly and drain well. Cook salt pork in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp and brown. Add the turnip greens, water, onion, sugar, pepper, and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes or until greens are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve with vinegar or pepper sauce and cornbread.
Serves 6.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com