Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » need help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need help
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hubby and i went to a market that sells everything you can find in a egy. market ( was in heaven ) anyway he picked out some halal meats and 1 of them was goat.
need a good recipe .any Egyptians here ? thanks so much .or v]can you give me a good website for egy. cuisine [Razz]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.recipesource.com/main-dishes/meat/curried-goat1.html

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Tina...i only have like 3lbs. but i will improvise
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Micky, what did you end up making? How did it turn out?
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i am making the goat right now. i browned the pieces first then added onions , garlic, celery , carrotts,and lemon juice...added water to cover it all then sprinkled in red and yellow lentils,with cumin seeds, hot peppers, and salt and pepper..oh and black pepper
will let ya know soon

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
it was really good ..( cant believe i just typed that). it does taste somewhat Lamb but if its cooked long enough its so tender and good...glad i tried it though
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it turned out okay. It sounded like it would taste really nice.

So it didn't taste like goat it tasted like lamb? I didn't eat much lamb in the States but when my mother in law makes it here it's quite tasty. [Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
it doesnt taste like the goat we had in Egypt...but then again everything tastes better there, here it reminds me of lamb.( the gameness)
it was very tasty

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know where to find that market!
Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
I want to know where to find that market!

43rd and walnut..Philadelphia ,Pa [Big Grin]
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be cheaper for me just to get the stuff in Egypt lol. You must have a Brit vibe as I keep thinking you are one [Wink]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i love you brits [Wink] but i am an American and (egyptian..by injection only ) [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com