Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » breast milk ice cream

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: breast milk ice cream
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One from the chest freezer: Restaurant sells breast milk ice cream
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:10 PM on 25th February 2011
Comments (51) Add to My Stories
Unusual: A Baby Gaga waitress serves the breast milk cocktail in the Icecreamists shop, Covent Garden
When a well-stocked ice cream parlour says they sell every flavour, there are usually limits.

But one restaurant in London is selling breast milk ice cream which is being served to customers in a cocktail glass.

Icecreamists, based in Covent Garden, have named the £14 dish Baby Gaga.

Victoria Hiley, 35, from Leeds provided the first 30 fluid ounces of milk which was enough to make the first 50 servings.
But the company are looking for more women to provide breast milk - and are providing £15 for every ten ounces extracted using breast pumps.

The recipe blends breast milk with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest, which is then freshly churned into ice cream.
A costumed Baby Gaga waitress serves the ice cream in a martini glass filled with the breast milk ice cream mix. Liquid nitrogen is then poured into the glass through a syringe and it is served with a rusk.
It can be served with whisky or another cocktail on request.

Mother-of-one Victoria said: 'I saw the advert offering to pay women to donate breast milk on a forum and it made me laugh.
'There were so many comments and people were having a debate on whether it could be genuine. So I thought I'd find out.'
Another 13 women have volunteered to donate their breast milk.

Martini glass: Victoria Hiley, 35, has provided her breast milk although the restaurant are looking for more donors
Bizarre: Company founder Matt O'Connor, 44, and the Lady Gaga waitress in the central London store
To maintain the highest standards, health checks for the lactating women are exactly the same used by the NHS to screen blood donors.
Ms Hiley added: 'It wasn't intrusive at all to donate - just a simple blood test. What could be more natural than fresh, free-range mothers milk in an ice cream?'
Victoria works with women who have problems breast feeding their babies.
She said she believes that if adults realise how tasty breast milk actually is, new mothers will be more willing to breast feed their own newborns.
'You can kid yourself that its a healthy ice cream!' said Victoria.
Donor: Victoria Hiley, 25, provided 30 fluid ounces - enough to make the first 50 servings
'But it is very nice it really melts in the mouth. I teach women how to get started on breast feeding their babies. There's very little support for women and every little helps.
'I'm passionate about the good that breast feeding does for babies.'
Founder Matt O'Connor, 44, is confident his new ice cream will go down well with the paying public.
'The Baby Gaga tastes creamy and rich. No-one's done anything interesting with ice cream in the last hundred years,' he said.

'We've came up with a method of infusing ice-cream with breast milk. We wanted to completely reinvent it.
'And by using breast milk we've definitely given it a one hundred percent makeover. Its just one of a dozen radical new flavours we've invented. We want to change the way people think about ice cream'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360225/Baby-Gaga-Breast-milk-ice-cream-sold-London-restaurant-Icecreamists.html#ixzz1F15SfRk4

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewwwww and 14 quid a go? Ewwww!!

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know right i seen that and said nasty bastards...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! [Eek!]

And the price!!!!! [Eek!]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice Cream made from Human Breast Milk on sale in London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zT6oPeV6YQ

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we drink milk that has come from cow,goat or sheep udders- different species to us....why dont we all get freaked out about that? If its the best milk for us what is the problem?
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to agree with gf. In my mind it's actually unnatural drinking the milk from another animal, which is perfectly designed for their babies, not ours. I do drink cows milk, so why would having milk designed for humans be weirder than that?
Having said that, I'm not keen (assuming mine tasted how everyone elses does). But if it was reasonably priced, I wouldn't think twice about giving it to zain.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see both sides. My first thought along with the eww factor was the same as flower and kitty. That being said there is a difference. We know what cows eat, we have no clue as to what the woman supplying the breast milk eats.

I have become fond of almond milk. Would be nice to have almond milk ice cream.

--------------------
www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:

Have to agree with gf. In my mind it's actually unnatural drinking the milk from another animal, which is perfectly designed for their babies, not ours.

Agreed.

quote:
I have become fond of almond milk. Would be nice to have almond milk ice cream.
You can make it yourself:

Some recipes for almond milk ice cream

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if drinking breastmilk is a proven fact to raise intelligence in babies it might be an idea to feed it to some adults I know [Big Grin]

Personally I prefer my pasturised, sterilised dairy products and wouldn't want to be drinking anything that should be given to a baby...

But hey, horses for courses.

My diet consists of mostly milk and dairy and I don't think I have done so bad from it.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaliBelli
Member # 16431

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaliBelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as it had a few berries and nuts in it...maybe some chocy sauce...I'd have a go!
I DON'T THINK SOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
What's next...a culinary use for sperm? (Actually, I think there already is one...)

Posts: 7 | From: Abu Dhabi | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it. There's a TV clip where they did a taste test on the street. The best that was said about it was "ooh, it tastes like normal icecream" in a surprised voice. So at £15 a scoop, why not just go for regular icecream?!!

I agree with D'Oro. If I sit and think about milk coming from cows it seems icky, but cows eat a staple diet. That said, even if the women did I'd still find it gross. Doesn't seem right somehow.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breast milk and cow's milk are totally different that contain totally different vitamins etc.

They both may be milk but both carrots and mushrooms are both vegetables but they are nowhere near similar.

£15 for ice cream... more money than sense if you ask me!

I can just imagine the uproar when the milk they are using comes from a beer drinking, McDonald eating drug junkie.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
just the thought of drinking some womans milk make me cringe.its not likly i will walk up tp a pregnant lady and say can i taste yr milk? NOT.....and how do we all know its safe to drink..so they said they did tests mmm when did everyone start telling the 100% truth?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Imagine if people get hooked and crave breast milk... carnage lol.
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Reminds me of a scene in Me, Myself and Irene.

Reckon they've been watching too much Little Britain.

Dunno, I just find it a bit icky. I can imagine the cafe filled with men in dodgy macs...

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina m:

its not likly i will walk up tp a pregnant lady and say can i taste yr milk?

It's not likely that you'd walk up to a cow and suck on her udder either. Same thing if you think about it. [Wink]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I am sure that one Egyptian scholar wouldn't mind to get served this very special ice cream.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6681511.stm

[Big Grin]

Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://au.news.yahoo.com/odd/a/-/odd/8927387/breast-milk-ice-cream-taken-off-menu/

omg...lol...didnt think about hepititis etc
lol@ monkey and men in macs....

Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Not to mention nut allergies etc...

Bitty lmao... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong comedy!

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
Originally posted by tina m:

its not likly i will walk up tp a pregnant lady and say can i taste yr milk?

It's not likely that you'd walk up to a cow and suck on her udder either. Same thing if you think about it. [Wink]
true that...
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
CF'I can just imagine the uproar when the milk they are using comes from a beer drinking, McDonald eating drug junkie.'
they might charge more for that!

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleurgh - does anyone else feel sick seeing the title of this topic every day [Frown]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
(Sorry Shanta - last time I do it I promise)

Baby Gaga breast milk ice cream seized for safety tests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12615353

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com