Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Summer egg salad with baby spinach leaves and salmon caviar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summer egg salad with baby spinach leaves and salmon caviar
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Versatile, good for you and a cheap meal

-
Summer salad: Serve with a garnish of grilled pancetta

Serves 4
INGREDIENTS
100g (3˝oz) baby spinach leaves
1 red onion, sliced
200g (7oz) yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
1tbsp wholegrain mustard
6tbsp avocado oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1tsp runny honey
12 quails’ eggs, hard boiled (4 halved)
2tbsp salmon caviar

METHOD
Place the spinach, red onion slices and halved tomatoes in a wide mixing bowl.

In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, oil, lemon juice and honey, season well with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.

Divide the salad mixture between 4 serving plates and scatter the quails’ eggs over the salad, drizzle the dressing over each serving and spoon the salmon caviar around.
Tip: Serve with a garnish of grilled pancetta.

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
muhahahaha [Wink]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often wondered what's in a peasant's pantry. Good to see they muddle through on a diet of quail eggs, advocado oil and salmon caviar. Cheap meal [Confused]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend who will be running jewellery making classes in Heliopolis in the near future to assist people who would like to learn to make their own jewellery. The course will be in both Arabic and English. Prices are not yet confirmed as there has been an influx in the cost of silver over the last couple of months but as soon as she releases her price list etc I will forward it on to anyone interested.

If anyone happens to be interested in this idea and would like to join let me know so I can pass numbers on

I will be there

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com