EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » The 'Facebook' Girl Who Led the Call for the April 6 Strike

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 'Facebook' Girl Who Led the Call for the April 6 Strike
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'Facebook' Girl Who Led the Call for the April 6 Strike

By Mohamed Azzam 9/4/2008

Human resources coordinator Isra Abdel Fattah did not expect to mobilize 70,000 people when she called for the April 6 strike on 'Facebook'. She is the cute young girl who had joined 'Al-Ghad' Party a year ago. Her colleagues call her the 'dessert' of the party.

On the day of the strike, Isra was arrested while sitting in a Café and was remanded for 15 days in custody on charges of inciting to strike.

Basel Adel, a leader of 'Al-Ghad' Party, said. "Isra' was not an active member. She has not been seen in the party for six months. She was surprised that her call proved successful.

It is unfair that she alone should bear the responsibility for the strike and the Mahala incidents. There are many bloggers like her on the net who are with or against Mubarak's regime."

Gamila Ismail, wife of former 'Al-Ghad' Party President Ayman Nour, said Isra was against attacking symbols of the State and using foul language during the strike. After she was arrested, many bloggers called for electing her as President of the 'Facebook' Republic."

http://www.almasry-alyoum.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=100627

What a brave young woman!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they arrested her!
Can you imagine! anyways there is a new strike on May 4th i think!
What do you think about those strikes!

--------------------
forum sharameet we khawalat we el operator m3rseen

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, so i cant facebook her now?
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YoungEgyptianGuy:
anyways there is a new strike on May 4th i think!

Haha, a little surprise is planned for Hosni's birthday, yes?? [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His birthday is on May 3rd i guess not May 4th but it's gonna be Saturday which is already a day off so that's why THEY picked May 4th Sunday
I think so! just guessing

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah believe me it's the fourth - Hosni will be 80 - and they wanna wish him well! [Wink]
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

you are right
(born May 4, 1928) has been the president of Egypt since October 14, 1981

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosni_Mubarak

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeesh, he's 80 !?? What is the life expectancy in Egypt!? How is this old geezer still alive! ?? [Roll Eyes]
To quote Austen Powers:
"When will you die!??"

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Do you want to get arrested or something!

Lets change the subject [Smile]

--------------------

kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tppyEbQU2V8

check this video out, its about the next strike!
someone posted it on youtube today?!

--------------------

walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wish i could read it!!!

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com