EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Alexandria: 28-year-old Egyptian tortured to death by police

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alexandria: 28-year-old Egyptian tortured to death by police
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://globalvoicesonline.org/2010/06/10/egypt-khaled-said-an-emergency-murder-by-an-emergency-law/
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
graphic content - not for the fainted hearted

Thursday, June 10, 2010

For Khalid , For His Family and For Egypt "NSFW"

I was hesitated to publish photos in this post but after lots of thinking I believe it is not a violation for Khalid's privacy and rights which have been already violated in most disgusting way , ever , it is an irony because may be these photos may restore his rights and dignity.

You may wonder who Khalid , well Khalid Mahmoud Said Sobhi is or rather was 28 years old young man from Alexandria , he has become the latest victim of police brutality in Egypt after being killed by two police agents in a net café in front of everybody.

All what Sobhi has done was simply rejecting the treatment of the police agents to the customers in the café , apparently they were inspecting people there and do not ask me if they have a search warrant or what they were searching. Sobhi refused to listen for the two agents orders and that was enough to make them angry to the level slapping , kicking Sobhi then they hit his head in to a marble table in the café . Naturally you can imagine the scene and blood coming from the head of the young man,the café owners plead them to stop but all what they had done was to take Khalid who was technically dying outside to complete their monster ball. Then they took him in his last ride in the patrol car then returned back to throw his dead body in the street !! I do not know if they even knew his name or not but I know that there is huge responsibility upon all the eye witnesses who saw that crime going on and kept watching it, who saw that crime and did not do their duty and report it to anyone.

Ayman Nour reported this case saying that the incident reached to the Ghad party in Alexandria and that the Police is searching for those who filmed the incident on their mobile phones from the internet café customers at Sidi Gabr area.

Now here are the photos of Khalid in the morgue showing the undisputable evidence of violence and torture. I have to warn the readers that they are extremely graphic. Again I posted these photos after a lot of thinking and I am sorry if I hurt anyone by posting them but I am trying along with my Egyptian co-bloggers to stop this abuse of power and this fear , this is for Egypt , this if for Khalid whom could be me or could be my younger cousin.

Tonight most Egypt men are watching World Cup opening ceremony except one whom for sure had plans for the world cup like any other young man whose name was Khalid and for him I publish his photos in the morgue.

http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.com

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that really tore me up inside...i hope those police pay...so sad [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is WOW.

We are brainwashed into thinking that Police is For the people, Yet the TRUTH is that Police are for the Government and do what ever the Government tells them.

Police think they are above the law and can do whatever they want. This should make people realize that you can't really trust the cops for anything, the less you deal with the police the better.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
All I can say is WOW.

We are brainwashed into thinking that Police is For the people, Yet the TRUTH is that Police are for the Government and do what ever the Government tells them.

Police think they are above the law and can do whatever they want. This should make people realize that you can't really trust the cops for anything, the less you deal with the police the better.

Peace

YOU ARE SO RIGHT KING...it is getting very scarey anymore, the things they can get away with...but this was pure murder, they should pay for what they did to this young man.an eye for an eye [Mad]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Protest planned for 13 June protest in front of Ministry of Interior in #Cairo protesting the killing of #KhaledSaid. Say no to #impunity
44 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/Salamander

It will be starting at 5 p.m.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday, June 11, 2010

Khaled was 'assassinated' because of this video

In an earlier post, I mentioned the account of the cyber owner who said Khaled was killed because he had a video of police officers trading in drugs. Social networking sites like facebook and twitter have been full of questions about the whereabouts of the video.

Last night, Asmaa Mahfouz, a April 6th activist and spokesperson, managed to get the video. Khaled's sister is said to be the source of the video. Here is the video

http://mfatta7.blogspot.com/2010/06/khaled-was-assassinated-because-of-this.html

Khaled should now be regarded as a symbol for freedom of expression and the freedom of information. The security apparatus of the ruling gang should know that the new media has created new spheres of information exchange that cannot be hindered by the state. The age of information monopoly is over. The video is released even if Khaled couldn't publish it. We publish it for your sould Khaled. Rest in peace !

Hopefloats Always
Member # 4693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopefloats Always     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So So sad and unbeleivable. RIP

--------------------
Brenda

Posts: 73 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives
Member # 14207

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so sad. i hope the people get punished. i had bad situation in cairo 4 years ago wen detectives stop me on way to british embassy to get my visa. i had money to pay for my trip and visa and flight they pull me from taxi and i ask who they are because of this they attack me call their boss and strip my clothes from me in the street telling me the money must be for drugs some bad things happened.
because of this i never been to cairo again and never been back to egypt. i was very upset but at least i am alive not like poor Khalid

Posts: 98 | From: Firmly On The Ground | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn
Member # 16462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unicorn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Egypt!

To the family of the young man, you have my sympathy.

To the military regime which runs this country - May your God forgive you for your crimes against humanity!

Posts: 53 | From: What goes around, comes around | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
http://af.reuters.com/article/egyptNews/idAFLDE65C0BV20100613

http://bambuser.com/channel/RamyRaoof/broadcast/827016

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
New autopsy for Egypt 'victim' of police beating: report

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5j1FyHIOKL_JkLkW41Jt_j72pXyNA

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/51454 [Roll Eyes]
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://gu.com/p/2tx4j
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
http://gu.com/p/2tx4j

Pictures: http://www.daylife.com/photo/037l9X311maWC?q=alexandria
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the less you deal with the police the better.

"there is no state of human misery that cannot be made worse by the presence of a policeman"
Brendan Behan.

I'm told that this kind of thing happens a lot, but I keep suspecting that this incident could become a slow burning catalyst. [lousy grammar there, sorry]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE66006820100701
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Egypt police accused in new Alexandria 'torture' case

Police in Egypt have been accused of beating a teenager to death and dumping his body in a canal.

The family of Ahmed Shaaban, 19, claims he was tortured by policemen from a station in Alexandria already implicated in the death of another young man, Khaled Said.

Two officers are being tried in connection with that death.

The authorities say Mr Shaaban committed suicide but his family says his body showed clear signs of torture.

A spokesman for Egypt's interior ministry has refused a request for comment from the BBC's Arabic Service. He accused the BBC of peddling lies and propaganda in reporting the allegations.

The case has emerged two weeks before Egyptian parliamentary elections, seen as an important indicator for presidential elections in late 2011.

Alleged brutality

In a video posted on YouTube, Mr Shaaban's family says he was on his way home from a friend's wedding earlier this month when he was stopped at a police checkpoint. They say there was an argument when he refused to be searched, and that he was arrested and taken to a police station.

The family says they were not allowed to visit him for three days. They then received an anonymous phone call, saying that the teenager's jacket and mobile phone were found in the Mahmoudia canal.

The next morning, the morgue authorities contacted the family, asking them to identify Mr Shaaban's body. The family says that his eyes were dark blue and that his stomach and arms were "ripped open", among other alleged abuses.

A lawyer for the young man, Ahmad Qutb, has dismissed official claims that he took his own life.

"There are photos and evidence [that] confirm that he did not commit suicide," Mr Qutb said, adding that a preliminary investigation suggests that he was tortured and pushed or thrown in the lake.

"We are not accusing anyone officially right now, but we need [an] investigation to identify the criminal," he added.

The police station where the alleged torture took place, Sidi Gaber in the port city of Alexandria, is the same one that was implicated in a police torture scandal concerning Khaled Said.

Witnesses say the 28-year-old died after he was dragged out of an internet cafe and beaten up. The government says he swallowed a packet of drugs and choked.

His death has become a rallying point against police brutality for Egyptians.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11756507

Mohamed Abdelfattah made a video in which he interviewed the family

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Dalia, Ahmed Shaaban thread here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=003227

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Khaled Said murder trial postponed.... and postponed again

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=003165

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com