EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Britain bakes at unseasonably high 22C

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Britain bakes at unseasonably high 22C
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dust off the BBQ and reach for the sunscreen: Weekend expected to sizzle as Britain bakes at unseasonably high 22C

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 1:28 PM on 6th April 2011

Britain is set to top the Mediterranean as millions of people enjoy the hottest day of the year so far ahead of a sizzling weekend.

Record temperatures are expected to reach 22C (72F) today - hotter that Malta, Athens and Barcelona.

The warm weather will continue over the weekend with thousands of Britons set to head for the coast to soak up the heat.

-
Tails up: Even the squirrels are getting in the mood for summer

Up to 70,000 racegoers at the Grand National in Aintree will see highs that are normally experienced at Wimbledon in the summer.

Temperatures at this time of the year usually struggle to get above 12C (54F) and are accompanied by April showers.

More...

Airport parking costs soar as millions prepare for Easter break

But after the driest March on record for more than 100 years this month looks set to continue the trend with soaring temperatures.

Only 1.5 inches of rain fell across the country last month compared with the normal levels of 3.8 inches.

Parts of Britain will today hit 22C, well above the average for this time of the year.

-
Ice cream plan: Elise Williams and Skye Hagaman, both 15, make the most of the hot weather, in St. James's Park, London, today

-
Sun loungers: Miriam Cavallin, 20, and Nadine Ralser, 22, make the most of the sunshine in Green Park

Even normally chilly Aberdeen in Scotland will manage 20C (68F). The highs trump areas of the Mediterranean such as Malta, where temperatures will peak at 18C (64F). Athens and Barcelona will only reach 20C.
THE FIVE-DAY FORECAST

Today: Dry, warm and sunny weather in the south while the north will see wet and windy weather, especially in western Scotland.

Tomorrow: Starting cloudy, particularly around coastal areas in the south west, but sun will spread north throughout the day with highs of 19C.

Friday: Another very warm day with less cloud than Thursday and temperatures across the country again reaching 19C.

Saturday: Starting cloudy but quickly clearing to bring sun by midday and temperatures reaching 21C, the second highest of the week.

Sunday: Temperatures still warm in central parts but more cloud and showers in parts of Wales. Dry and warm for the rest of the UK, but cooler than previous days.

Source: The Met Office

Even though the mercury looks likely to dip on Thursday and Friday, temperatures will increase over the weekend, hitting 21C (70F) on Saturday.

Meteorologists say today could mark the start of a prolonged period of good weather and it is hoped the dry conditions will continue throughout April and into early May.

Met Office forecaster Andrew Sibley said: 'Today will possibly be the warmest day this year, with warm, dry weather and sunny spells across much of England, Wales and eastern Scotland.

'It warms up again for the weekend, with temperatures in the upper 60s or higher on both Saturday and Sunday.

'There will be sunny spells and broken clouds, although one or two localised sharp showers late on Saturday.'

Forecaster Brian Gaze, of The Weather Outlook, said: 'The mostly dry weather should continue into the weekend, which looks promising if you’re planning to have a barbecue.

'It looks a decent day for the Grand National at Aintree, which should be run under fine and dry skies. With a bit of luck, it will feel more like summer than spring.'

Emma Pearson, from Positive Weather Solutions said: 'The PWS system continues to point to a dry day for the Grand National, with some limited bright spells, so overcast conditions do look like dominating the day still.

'Temperatures are expected to be 17C (63F) so feeling warm, and perhaps even a touch sultry.'

Ms Pearson predicts a 20 per cent chance of rain for Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding at the end of the month.

-
Sunshine break: Workers relaxing in the sun in St James's Park today

-
SUNSHINE IN ST JAMES PARK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373929/Temperature-expected-reach-22C-Britains-hottest-day-year-far.html

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think "bakes" is a slight exageration. I've had my heating on all morning and still wear my coat out.

But then tis the daily mail...

"sizzling", LMAO [Big Grin]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely lovely weather here too in Germany. It's now dinnertime and outside on the patio we have it a still respectable 25C. Def too nice to sit inside the house.

Well I did some gardening the last couple of days, we had our first big barbecue on the weekend and also put out the big trampoline for the kiddies again.

I wish the weather could stay this way but as April is a very unpredictable month you never know.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked the weather forecast and it looks like we not gonna have any rain for the next 10 days or so which is awesome. The kids will be home for spring break so this is great news. What marvelous weather indeed.

Happy Spring Break!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it all back. Is hot [Eek!] Baking in the car on the way home. Sea is like plate glass - can't remember the last time I saw it so calm.

Nice [Cool]

We seem to jump from Winter to Summer with not much in between, but happy Spring break to those what get one ( [Frown] ) anyways [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Global warming at its best.. [Roll Eyes]

The girls with the ice cream can't be only 15..they look like they're 19, dirty old men are always right. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
The DM will probably be featuring a story next week of how they were playing truant and their folks are now in the clink...

Why does it state their age? That's just weird. Didn't state the squirrel's age, and I was just dying to know [Frown]

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make the red squirrel our national mascot, pleads Prince Charles

The Prince, who is patron of the Red Squirrel Survival Trust, told the Radio Times he believes reds should be adopted as the UK’s official symbol.

The heir to the throne – patron of the Red Squirrel Survival Trust – is so passionate about the species that he has already called for the culling of more dominant grey squirrels.

Charles confessed he used nuts to entice the squirrels into Birkhall, his private residence in Scotland, and enjoyed watching them run around the house.

-

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to say that in Egypt we've been having this sunshine practically every fecking day this winter and nobody gives a damn..22 C is the norm. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only baking going on here at the moment is the quiche in the oven [Confused]

In my old house I had two red squirrels which did a run about 6 o'clock at night from one tree to another on their way back home. I absolutely adore them!

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Are Ferrets and Squirrels reciprocally connected ? [Confused]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a lovely way to bury bad news about Black Wednesday by posting mundane crap news for the uneducated to digest... sheesh!

Those kids probably aren't at school as the Goverment probably closed them down so the Politicians can up their fecking salaries!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8431431/Black-Wednesday-for-millions-of-British-families.html
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Nah, nah, nah. I don't believe on clicking on links. Not when they have black Wednesday in the title and twas such a lovely day. Not on your nellie [Smile]

Oh alright. I clicked it [Frown]

Dunno what's up with this lot who are in charge though - seriously. They keep fiddling around with this that and the other - not just public sector workers either but fiddling around with legislation covering private sectors that's going to wind up putting a lot of people out of work. It's like someone let all the loonies out of the asylum and took them on a day trip to Westminster, only forgot to collect them again.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
nah nah nah nah nah ... I am sure you know my links aren't all riddled with viruses or youtube videos that go on for days about nothing [Big Grin]

Get you Jack [Wink] I know a lot of people affected, especially people with young families.

I am so glad to be out of the UK! The poorest are hit hardest and it is a disgrace!

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Yeah, I tweaked that last post when I figured that £20 is nowt considering I now work part time and havent had a pay rise in three years and everythings gone up and and and

Oh Cheeky, I'm proper gloomy now [Frown] S'alright for you with your wall to wall sunshine, but for us tis a cause for great excitement where we all run to the beach with stripey chairs and hankies on our heads [Smile]

EDIT: Ooh and the 10% paycut, mustn't forget that.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Sorry I didn't make you gloomy [Frown] Cheer up, look on the bright side, you have nice weather as well and you get to save a whole penny per litre on fuel [Wink]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Now Cheeky, that's not right. You're forgetting that they agreed not to raise it by 5p like they were going to, so actually we are 6p better off. I mean nevermind the fact that if they had raised it by that 5p in the first place we'd all have been queuing up outside the House of Commons to break their fricking legs. And I would have been first in line. What a *&5^&$*! liberty!

Nope, nope, no more moaning. I'm swearing off newspapers and... well... news in general. Stick your fingers in your ears and it's all hunky dorey [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
hahaha, what a %^&*ing liberty.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with Egypt so best we lay off the UK News really [Wink]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Yes, quite right. Quite right. Feck, I don't speak Arabic so I shouldn't even be here [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ah, people who talk shite bilingually don't impress me much [Big Grin]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Struggle with the one language TBH, but I can talk $hite for England [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com