EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » The end is nigh...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The end is nigh...
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could the last person to leave ES please switch of the lights and make sure you lock up. Thankyou [Frown]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol! You really mean the end of days for Afrocentrism approaches.
Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No we have ESR and TNV or some bright kid will create a 3rd alternative the question is where will you go???back-up always have plan B and C ready.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you ever need a plan D, there's always, ahem:

www.egyptalk.com/forum/

More the merrier. A 100% spam free zone [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting there is no spam here now another site has been set up [Confused]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

after repeated attempts by various people the owner finally came and cleaned up. The new site was built after putting up with repeated spam on loops posting every 3 mins round the clock and most sections having no moderation at all, that was visible anyway. I actually know the last and final person that the owner listened to and came and looked and did something about it. Obviously there are things possibly in place now to limit the spam, or the owner is continuing to moderate, for a while anyway.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

after repeated attempts by various people the owner finally came and cleaned up. The new site was built after putting up with repeated spam on loops posting every 3 mins round the clock and most sections having no moderation at all, that was visible anyway. I actually know the last and final person that the owner listened to and came and looked and did something about it. Obviously there are things possibly in place now to limit the spam, or the owner is continuing to moderate, for a while anyway.
Thanks for the update Ayisha, funny how ES always manages to limp on and survive over the years. Lots of breakaway sites have been set up but they are always a bit too cliquey for me. Plus the new site feels like being at a funeral, that or my eyes just can't cope with the awful background colours. ES is just so much clearer and simple [Smile]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update Ayisha, funny how ES always manages to limp on and survive over the years. Lots of breakaway sites have been set up but they are always a bit too cliquey for me. Plus the new site feels like being at a funeral, that or my eyes just can't cope with the awful background colours. ES is just so much clearer and simple [Smile]

I agree about the funereal layout. I feel vaguely sad when I look on there.
I thought it was supposed to change?
Plus, whilst lots of people are posting, it does feel like we're all on our best behaviour. I get a sense that I may get told off if I introduce anything construed as 'bad old ES habits'.
Although I could be just paranoid!!!
However, this site is still awash with ads and spam, and I believe the cliquey thing will die down with time, and posters get a bit more relaxed.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No matter what,ES always has managed to survive along the years.If the owners simply took care a bit more and upgrade its prehistoric layout no other backup Egypt boards would be needed.

ES actually has some very important archives quite rich in info that deserves to be saved by all means.
Problem is that the in board search engine rarely works.
Those of us who have been here for several years have witnessed all sorts of new Egypt boards open and close,but ES is only one that has stood like the pyramids.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
You can change the colours in the new one, you're not stuck with black.

yes ES will always be here I agree, and loads of info on here, but it's having a 'dip', which it has off and on over the years.

Mo if you wanna fight in there I'm up for it? get it going a bit [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mo if you wanna fight in there I'm up for it? get it going a bit [Big Grin] "

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com