EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » "What Do You Know About The Metu Neter?" (Revised)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "What Do You Know About The Metu Neter?" (Revised)
Lazar
Member # 10869

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lazar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Volume 1-
-Volume 2-

It took over 3500 years for the Ancient Egyptian Sages to develop this Higher Level of
God Consciousness:

The Acts of Creation
The Tree of Life
11 Laws of Ma'at

Posts: 80 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did u get this From Lazar the way Ancient egypt seems to most people is as if it got all its knowledge with a snap of a finger but really it seems that it went threw some practising stages. For example the first cars didnt look like the cars know everything gets better with practise. The Foundation of Egypts Wisdom started very early but im not disagreeing that it went threw changes as they became more advanced and innovative. But to pinpoint all the exact changes is going to take some Major Research.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A better question is what exactly is this "Higher Level of God Consciousness"?? [Confused]

If you mean writing, well what about the other cultures in the word that developed writing.

Also it doesn't take some great "sage" to develop writing only simple human creativity and ingenuity.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He means the Ancient Kemetic Mystery System Djehuti it is Advanced ahead of its time. It couldn of just came out of nowhere

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lazar
Member # 10869

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lazar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Hikuptah & Djehuti

You both choose Kemetic user names, but don't know or perceive Metu Neter? Now, I'm puzzled!

The publication of this book is no great secret--as previously stated this 2-Volume bookset is called Metu Neter by Ra Un Neter Amen.

--------------------
©Very Fine/1952 -- 2006

Posts: 80 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only heard of this "mystery system" can anyone explain to me what it is?

Are these secret rituals practiced by the priesthood or some secret societies that can be seen in other African cultures??

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard of the Medu Neter Volumes 1 and 2 but stayed away from it because I was skeptical about it. Don't know Ra Un Nefer Amen personally but from the way people talk about it makes it seem like its a little bit of Kemetic spirtuality mixed with Asian mysticism.

Does Ra Un Nefer Amen actually read Mdu ntr? Where does he get his translations from?

Since ancient Egypt[Kmt] is a dead civlization you can bend it anyway you want or make it fit into any idealogy. People who write books on an extinct civlization such as ancient Egypt[kmt] is always grounds for speculation. Especially people claiming to teach martial arts from ancient Kmt and Egyptian yoga. You often wonder where they learned such information.

I am all for poeple reserching and studying ancient Egyptian[Kemetian knowleadge] but you have to at least understand Mdu Neter writing. Me personally I don't know how to read Medu Neter and I must go off second hand translations.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lazar
Member # 10869

Member Rated:
Ausar said: "Since ancient Egypt[Kmt] is a dead civlization"

So dead in fact that Europe and Western Civilization still "overtly practice its creations...!

Q. Did you cull your user name from the Kaballah's interpretation or did you copy from the dead civlization of Egypt.

A. My guess is the Kaballah!

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lazar, I am not an arrogant person that claims I know everything about ancient Egypt[Kmt],and if I am wrong I will admit my errors. My crtique was on the Medu Neter Volume 1 and 2 and where they obtain their information from. Please read my entire post to understand my perpective.

The Kaballah is not from ancient Egypt nor is Eastern mysticism although principles might exist that mirror each other.

Certainly we have vestiages of ancient Egyptian civlization in many modern day civlizations but overall its a dead civlization. The reason why I say its dead is because only fragments of it exist and we have only second hand translations from sometimes biased sources from non-ancient Egyptians.

Can you give me examples of how ancient Egyptian pratices are in Western soceities? Just curious about this.

Q:Where does Ra Un Nefer Amen get his information? From his own translations or second hand sources?

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lazar
Member # 10869

Member Rated:
@ Ausar

By your statement I know you are not an arrogrant person. I'll be more than happy to furnish what I can.

The origin of the Kabbalah is Hebrew (i.e. a euphemism/ethnic term rather than a title).

From Dr. Darkwah book: "Africans Who Wrote the Bible" it is my understand that a group (i.e. Afrim/Irvim) broke off from the original Akan group now residing in Ghana who once lived in Egypt. The original language of that group was classic Hebrew--a dialect of the Akan language.

Q. Can you give me examples of how ancient Egyptian pratices are in Western soceities? Just curious about this?

A. This is one link--there are many: http://www.blackhistoryjohnmoore.bravehost.com/chapter2.html

Mathematics
Calculus
Trigonometry
Physics
Religion
Philosophy
Astronomy
Solar/Lunar Astrological 360 days/12 month calendars
Stone/Brick Buildings
Mining of: Gold, Tin, Copper, Iron
Metallurgy
the Alphabet
Writing on Paper

1. The pyramid and the "eye of horus" are on the back of the dollar bill.

2. The ancient Egyptians called that structure a Tekhenu. The Greeks changed the name to Obelisk which is known in America as the
Washington Monument.

3. An ancient Tekhenu stands erected in Central Park in New York City.

--------------

Q. Where does Ra Un Nefer Amen get his information? From his own translations or second hand sources?

A1. Volume Two, Bibliography

"Development of Religion and Thought in Ancient Egypt," James Breasted -- University of Pennsylvania Press, 1972.

"The Gods of the Egyptians," E. A. Wallis Budge -- Dover Publications, New York.

"Osiris & the Egyptian Resurrections (1&2) E. A. Wallis Budge -- Dover Publications, New York.

"The Egyptian Book of the Dead," E.A. Wallis Budge -- Dover Publications.

"The Book of Opening the Mouth," E. A. Wallis Budge -- Benjamine Blom, Inc. New York, 1972.

"Ancient Egyptian Science (1&2)," Marshall Clagett -- American Philosophical Society, Independence Square, PA, 1989.

"Myth and Symbol in Ancient Egypt," R. T. Rundle Clark -- Thames and Hudson Ltd, London, 1959.

"Ancient Egyptian Religion," Henri Frankford -- Harper & Row

A2. Volume One--28 bibliographies!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, Ausar is himself a rural Upper Egyptian. He knows about ancient customs that are still practiced by his people but you want to argue with him about his own people then be my guest, Lazar. LOL

Ausar is correct that people try to attribute everything to the Kememu even though it just isn't the case. Mysticism and what have you is just more cult nonsense.

Lazar
Member # 10869

Member Rated:
@Djehuti

What are you talking about. Did you not read my first sentence:

"By your statement I know you are not an arrogrant person. I'll be more than happy to furnish what I can."

Why do you twist my words?

FYI: The people that now occupy Egypt are not, I repeat not the original/INDIGENEOUS descendants of KMT, even an amateur historian -- such as myself -- knows that!

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
FYI: The people that now occupy Egypt are not, I repeat not the original/INDIGENEOUS descendants of KMT, even an amateur historian -- such as myself -- knows that
I disagree with this. The rural people in both Lower and Upper Egypt are the direct desendants of the ancient Egyptians. Both still pratice traditions that are non-Islamic and go back to ancient Egypt. Where is your proof that foreign invasions or mass migrations were established in Egypt to wipe out the old population?
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lazar wrote:

quote:
Q. Can you give me examples of how ancient Egyptian pratices are in Western soceities? Just curious about this?

A. This is one link--there are many: http://www.blackhistoryjohnmoore.bravehost.com/chapter2.html

Mathematics
Calculus
Trigonometry
Physics
Religion
Philosophy
Astronomy
Solar/Lunar Astrological 360 days/12 month calendars
Stone/Brick Buildings
Mining of: Gold, Tin, Copper, Iron
Metallurgy
the Alphabet
Writing on Paper

Some of the things your attribute to the ancient Egyptians is too general or was developed by other groups of people idenpedently.

1. Mathematics was used by many different people and not one civlization was intrumental in developing tne entire principles of Mathematics. Even the Sumerians and Babylonians had a more complex mathematical system with sexgesimal system and division of things in 360 degrees.

Certainly, you can argue that the ancient Greeks adopted many principals from ancient Egyptian mathematics but of course you have to prove certain methodologies adopted. The only mathematical papyri we have from ancient Egypt are the Rhind and Moscow papyrus.

2. Ancient Egyptians did not have Calculus. No ancient people really developed Calculus but the ancient people of India came very close. Calculus as we know is came from Lebinz and Newton.

3. ancient Egyptians did not develop Trigonometry either. Where is your proof of ancient Egyptians developing such a modern methdology of mathematics?

4 Physics is another invention that cannot be attributed to the ancient Egyptians. If the ancient Egyptians grasped the rudimentary fundamentals of physics then what Laws did they develop? Where is the papyri evidence?

5. Religion is rather general. I am sure there is evidence that certain beliefs and pratices in ancient Egypt lead to certain banches of Christianity or even Christianity itself.

6. What concepts in ancient Egypt lead to the development of philosophy? Can you give examples?

7. Astronomy is another general science that was praticed by all people. The question is wheather the ancient Egyptians had developed a science for the study of the stars. Do you have evidence of this?

8.Solar/Lunar Astrological 360 days/12 month calendars is actually one of the few things on your list that can be attributed to the ancient Egyptians and trafer to the west. The current calender we use is from ancient Egypt. However, one could argue that many cultures developed calenders either lunar or solar but the ancient Egyptian calender was more accurate.

9.Stone/Brick Buildings: This is too general to be attributed to the ancient Egyptians. Both stone and brick building can develop idepently outside of ancient Egyptian influence. Anyone to suggest that Egyptians were the sole developers or anybody else are master diffusionists that can be largely discredited. If you go by standard history we have older buildings in places like Jerico and Catal Hyuk that predate ancient Egypt.

10.Metallurgy: Again,metalurgy is something that can be independtly developed by various complex societies. Ancient Egyptians actually did smelt cooper but learned Iron smelting from Western Asians. Evidence has shown that Western Africans were able to smelt iron on their own and even develop furance temperatures to develop carbon based steel.

11.Mining of: Gold, Tin, Copper, Iron:the oldest mines are in Southern Africa where early man mined metal for facial pigments. Iron was never that abundant in the Nile Valley nor mined by the ancient Egyptians. All the following can develop without the interaction of the ancient Egyptians.

12.the Alphabet: Still some debate about who first developed it. Most historians conclude the Phonecians developed it using hieroglyphic signs. An alpahbet can still be developed or invented without interaction of cultures. However, the alapbet we use today did come from outside influence into ancient Greece.

13.Writing on Paper: Indeed, the ancient Egyptians were the first to develop papyrus and write on it. Ancient Chinese with little interaction with ancient Egypt developed pulp paper and wrote on it.

Lazar wrote:

quote:
Q. Where does Ra Un Nefer Amen get his information? From his own translations or second hand sources?

A1. Volume Two, Bibliography

"Development of Religion and Thought in Ancient Egypt," James Breasted -- University of Pennsylvania Press, 1972.

"The Gods of the Egyptians," E. A. Wallis Budge -- Dover Publications, New York.

"Osiris & the Egyptian Resurrections (1&2) E. A. Wallis Budge -- Dover Publications, New York.

"The Egyptian Book of the Dead," E.A. Wallis Budge -- Dover Publications.

"The Book of Opening the Mouth," E. A. Wallis Budge -- Benjamine Blom, Inc. New York, 1972.

"Ancient Egyptian Science (1&2)," Marshall Clagett -- American Philosophical Society, Independence Square, PA, 1989.

"Myth and Symbol in Ancient Egypt," R. T. Rundle Clark -- Thames and Hudson Ltd, London, 1959.

"Ancient Egyptian Religion," Henri Frankford -- Harper & Row

A2. Volume One--28 bibliographies!

I notice you did not give the bibliographjy for Volume One. I was a little diaspointed being that I thought Ra Un Nefer Amen actually read and wrote Mdu Ntr enough to translate texts. Obviously he is just taking second hand sources from Western Egyptologist[like everybody does] and throwing his own interpretations without using source material.

Even a laymen such as myself knows in history there are second hand and first hand sources.

Lazar
Member # 10869

Member Rated:
@ausar

Suffice it to say there are 28 items on the list, period!

I suggest you go buy Volume One if you'd like to know the specific books, their authors, publishers and dates of publication.

IMHO what is written in this set of books has merit.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the books have merit but hardly any first hand original documentation. Again, I will emphasis that all historians or scholars know first hand or second hand sources. Somebody who writes a book entitled Mdu Ntr that people use as an authority of ancient Egyptian spirtuality should at least have some first hand translations of mdu ntr.

I will probably purchase the Mdu Ntr[along with the oralces if they have it]. Still I feel that people who make claims such as Ra Un Nefer Amen should have at least some background in first hand translations. No disrespect to the author because I feel everybody's theories need to be heard and mainstream Egyptology is often constraining. I have an open mind but not so open I fall for anything that sounds good to me.

Lazar
Member # 10869

Member Rated:
Then direct your questions to the author for a more quantifiable response.

--------------------
©Very Fine/1952 -- 2006

RaMin loves Serqet
Member # 14711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaMin loves Serqet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metu Neter is like watching a blue-ray dvd on a flatscreen TV... while everyone else is watching beta max on a black n white 13inch TV with a hanger on top

its like drinkin fresh hand squeeze orange juice instead of a warm, stale orange-soda...

Posts: 39 | From: Everywhere/Nowhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I doubt that. The guy accuses Ausar of being "arrogant" and a 'know it all' when they describe himself.

If you read the whole posts, you can see that Ausar makes valid points while Lazar doesn't.

Ptah Metu Neter
Member # 14712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ptah Metu Neter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Metu Neter is revealed to All People in the inner workings of the Higher part of the Mind It is the "Science of Living". All "True" People have the abilty to bring forth a Metu Neter.
Posts: 3 | From: Omnipresent | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ I doubt that. The guy accuses Ausar of being "arrogant" and a 'know it all' when they describe himself.

If you read the whole posts, you can see that Ausar makes valid points while Lazar doesn't.

lol [Big Grin] , RaMin was talking about the books "Metu Neter" I think, not condoning Lazar.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious about these books too... IN FACT, vol. 1 was the first "serious" book on Ancient Egypt I ever read, about a year before I joined this forum...

In any case, I found the book to be quite solid in the concepts but about halfway through it, it engages you in these rituals that I just couldn't get into... they had something to do with cards. It was as a result of being "suspicious" of the rituals that I started bombarding the "old hats" in this forum with my questions back in 2006. I have yet to be convinced that any serious practice of the "Ancient Egyptian Religion" exists anywhere in the world today...

I would like to hear from someone who has PRACTICED THE RITUALS SUCCESSFULLY.This would VALIDATE the books, otherwise, how can one be sure, ESPECIALLY since he doesn't seem to have any primary research (i.e. deciphering the ancient scripts himself)???

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
quote:
FYI: The people that now occupy Egypt are not, I repeat not the original/INDIGENEOUS descendants of KMT, even an amateur historian -- such as myself -- knows that
I disagree with this. The rural people in both Lower and Upper Egypt are the direct desendants of the ancient Egyptians. Both still pratice traditions that are non-Islamic and go back to ancient Egypt. Where is your proof that foreign invasions or mass migrations were established in Egypt to wipe out the old population?
Ausar: I understand your sensitivity on the matter, but you have to appreciate that the current "Face" of Egypt, is a Turkish (pseudo) Arab face. Those like myself who have never visited Egypt should be forgiven for accepting the reality as demonstrated by current government and culture. Though the government asserts that only 7% of Egypt is foreign, I don't take that seriously, because it implies that native Egyptians want to be second-class citizens: That's not true; is it?
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ What is it with you in the Turks??! Turks are not the only foreign element in Egypt. There are also Circassian (Caucasian, as in from the Caucasus) as well as European (mainly Greek and Roman and more recently French and British). But Arabs from the Levant do make a large percentage of the foreign ancestry.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com