EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » OT: What happened to the Pacific Ancestry Thread?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: What happened to the Pacific Ancestry Thread?
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't tell me it cut to the core or has been censored due to sensitive historical facts (as if that can be true considering everything about Euro history is sensitive).

William McKinley and the Filipino first bath (ethnic cleansing)
 -

Posts: 8895 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Good question. I hope that thread wasn't somehow deleted during this new schism of the forum, but seeing as how all the other threads seem to be intact what gives?
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
Don't tell me it cut to the core or has been censored due to sensitive historical facts (as if that can be true considering everything about Euro history is sensitive).

William McKinley and the Filipino first bath (ethnic cleansing)
 -

They probably did. Just when I was absorbing this insightful information.

The mods or owners can prove members wrong by putting the thread back up. What do they have to fear?

Posts: 148 | From: Sirius | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Racial Hierarchy?

1. It could have been seen as an attack on a poster from a "non-African group". This is based on the foreigner being exposed as racist by at least two other posters. "Non-Africans" are not to be attacked by "Africans". "Non-Africans" might become discontented and not visit.

And/Or

2. Exposing sociopathic violence against "anyone but Africans" is deemed intolerable and unacceptable. Violence against anyone but "Africans" may cause "non-Africans" to be discontented and not visit.

Violence against Africans = high entertainment

Violence against non-Africans = not entertaining and thought of as much more evil. (mentally ill isn't it?)

----------------------------------------------

2. Again to reiterate, people enjoy and are infinitely more comfortable viewing, reading, and hearing about atrocities directed at Africans, but have just the opposite reaction when it is "non-Africans".

1. "Non-Africans" are also very uncomfortable with Africans confronting "not-Africans" it upsets the racial hierarchy. However "non-Africans" are more than content if not pleased at "non-Africans" confronting and even trolling against Africans. Because of same racial hiearchy.

So as a consequence of one or both of the above, the content of this site is edited or modified towards the desires of "non-Africans".

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^My boat (African boats) thread also disappeared, and I was about to ask about it until I was emailed that it had been moved.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was waiting to see if it would show up, it didn't, so I guess we can conclude that some person or persons were offended by the information uncovered. But regardless of who was offended, it was a great thread, congrats to those who provided input.

To those who killed the thread, I say this, all you bought was a little time. Sooner or later, you will have to face up to, and deal with, whatever that thread uncovered. Censorship doesn't change anything, it doesn't destroy truth, it merely delays truth

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
I was waiting to see if it would show up, it didn't, so I guess we can conclude that some person or persons were offended by the information uncovered. But regardless of who was offended, it was a great thread, congrats to those who provided input.

To those who killed the thread, I say this, all you bought was a little time. Sooner or later, you will have to face up to, and deal with, whatever that thread uncovered. Censorship doesn't change anything, it doesn't destroy truth, it merely delays truth

Exactly.
Posts: 148 | From: Sirius | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
Racial Hierarchy?

1. It could have been seen as an attack on a poster from a "non-African group". This is based on the foreigner being exposed as racist by at least two other posters. "Non-Africans" are not to be attacked by "Africans". "Non-Africans" might become discontented and not visit.

And/Or

2. Exposing sociopathic violence against "anyone but Africans" is deemed intolerable and unacceptable. Violence against anyone but "Africans" may cause "non-Africans" to be discontented and not visit.

Violence against Africans = high entertainment

Violence against non-Africans = not entertaining and thought of as much more evil. (mentally ill isn't it?)

^ Your usual ridiculous paranoia aside, I assume there has to be a more valid explanation. By the way, who is this "foreigner" you speak of? I'm just curious.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
My boat (African boats) thread also disappeared, and I was about to ask about it until I was emailed that it had been moved.

If that is the case. Then it would seem the splitting up the forum as they did obviously had some undesired side-effects. To which I again ask, what is the purpose of splitting up the section in the first place??

The original section was entitled Ancient Egypt & Egyptology with it cut into an Ancient Egypt section and an Egyptology section, yet the two go hand-in-hand. Egyptology is the study of ancient Egypt so why split it up?!

According to one of the moderators, 'race' and anthropology issues can be discussed in the 'Ancient Egypt' section yet what does ancient Egypt itself have to do with such topics?? If anything anthropology should be incorporated into the Egyptology section since it a field that includes such a discipline!

If anything, I believe the moderators and/or web masters shot themselves in the foot for creating such a schism. [Embarrassed]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was a good idea.
Straight up Egyptology
divorced from racial rhetoric.

It'll show who knows about what
ancient Egyptians accomplished
instead of what they looked like.

And if that's what one prefers to do
well, there's still a forum for that.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti wrote:

quote:
By the way, who is this "foreigner" you speak of? I'm just curious.
Obviously it's you. As anybody who saw the last few posts of that thread of you being exposed for what you are.

But alas how fortunate for you that since the forum is geared towards certain demographics it was removed, so very few can actually see the beatdown that was administered to you. And it was richly deserved if I may say so.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:

Djehuti wrote:

quote:
By the way, who is this "foreigner" you speak of? I'm just curious.
Obviously it's you. As anybody who saw the last few posts of that thread of you being exposed for what you are.
LOL Okay and how exactly how am I a foreigner if like most folks in here (and I assume you as well) I'm American??

quote:
But alas how fortunate for you that since the forum is geared towards certain demographics that very few can actually see the beatdown that was administered to you. And it was richly deserved if I may say so.
And exactly what "demographics" does your twisted little mind think the forum is geared to? And what pray-tell "beatdown" was ever administered to me?? It looks like all you're doing is talking more nonsense, as I'd expect nothing more from a troll like you. And one who seems to be obsessed with me no less. [Embarrassed]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ [Embarrassed] You know argyle, the more you post the more I can see the forum is geared to a demographic group alright-- that of idiotic trolls who've contributed nothing...

Seeing as how all the moderators/administrators did was split a forum into instead of ousting the silly pests such as yourself. [Wink]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure as hell screwed the search engine.
Hope somebody resyncs it sometime soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Then it would seem the splitting up the forum as they did obviously had some undesired side-effects.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
It sure as hell screwed the search engine.
Hope somebody resyncs it sometime soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Then it would seem the splitting up the forum as they did obviously had some undesired side-effects.

Good point you can't access the old threads from this forum.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Straight up Egyptology

^ It's and old idea that never worked....goes back to before you joined the forum.

The moderators at that time, would try to selectively kill any thread or conversation which potentially irritated a select sensibility.

They started trying to be subtle and make it appear to be based on something other than defense of particular ideology.

But the appraoch doesn't work because it suffers from internal contradictions and self delusion.

Cutting to the quick -> "Straight up" Egyptology *is* racist, and the very act of defending it as being anything else, or attempting to stiffle the truth regarding its racist history is to engage in racial polemics and propaganda, full blown.

We also went thru this 'break up the forum into as many sub-forums as possible' routine with Nile Valley forums.

In this case it was not so obviously polemically motivated but it still failed because it thinned out the conversations too much.

Eventually you more forums than threads, and more threads than posts.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^so why don't we encourage the owner of the nile-valley forum to remove all the unneccessary categories?
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

quote:
Straight up Egyptology

^ It's and old idea that never worked....goes back to before you joined the forum.

The moderators at that time, would try to selectively kill any thread or conversation which potentially irritated a select sensibility.

They started trying to be subtle and make it appear to be based on something other than defense of particular ideology.

But the appraoch doesn't work because it suffers from internal contradictions and self delusion.

Cutting to the quick -> "Straight up" Egyptology *is* racist, and the very act of defending it as being anything else, or attempting to stiffle the truth regarding its racist history is to engage in racial polemics and propaganda, full blown.

We also went thru this 'break up the forum into as many sub-forums as possible' routine with Nile Valley forums.

In this case it was not so obviously polemically motivated but it still failed because it thinned out the conversations too much.

Eventually you more forums than threads, and more threads than posts.

This is a crying shame. No matter where I go politics follows. One of the reasons why I go to this board and others is to escape modern politics. But apparently politics and political strife is everywhere now a days. And don't anyone even dare bring up that debaucle of a US presidential election.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com