EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Off Topic: Abolish the "N" word

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Off Topic: Abolish the "N" word
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

"Abolish the 'N' Word" is a shocking site:

http://www.abolishthenword.com/

The irony is not that the idea of "white supremacy" dominates/dominated the West's relationship with phenotypic Africans; but that since whites emerged from the Steppes some 4000 years ago and entered African lands in the Ancient Near East, Africa, Europe, etc., they committed homocide and genocide on blacks living there in the same manner.

The Apian Way, where over 100,000 Africans were crucified is only one example. The tens of thousands of African slaves killed yearly in Haiti is but another. Not to mention the over a million killed by Alexander and Caesar alike. Caesar even bragged about killing over a million Gauls, Africans.

They scorned and killed Africans even as they were attracted to our lands, learned our languages now called Western tongues, took our riches, enslaved our peoples, and all this under the misnamed philosophy of white supremacy (aka, jealousy where this "supremacy" was a stealing of all things black): black made wealth taken by white hands.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How the hell can anyone try to abolish a word??? This is insane!
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marc - That seems a rather simplistic solution for a complicated problem. For all those who are apparently still stigmatized by the word, I would say this, GET OVER IT! It’s just a frigging word. Not only that, but Blacks themselves have turned it, from a word met to demean and humiliate, into a word of intimacy and comradry, not to mention co-conspiracy. So enough of that crap – move on!
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Amen, I'd have to agree.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ditto
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horus says:
''How the hell can anyone try to abolish a word??? This is insane!''

The intent Horus is to make the word unacceptable in polite public conversation, and otherwise. Of course you can't ban a word but it can be made to make it uncomfortable for those who don't know how to string together two complete sentences. And this goes for all shades of humans.

F..k the word—and those who see fit to use it in public. That's right, I said it. If those who viewed the pictures can't grasp the horrible significance then it surely means nothing for anyone's understanding of compassion. Again, eff the word.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^C'mon man, we can't go around getting angry about people using the N word. That only gets racists excited.

It's just a fucking word. There are a thousand more important issues to deal with, for example, EDUCATING people. **** a word.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:

How the hell can anyone try to abolish a word??? This is insane!

A better question is how the hell was Europe inhabited by Africans before 'whites' came along and how did whites originate in the "steppes"??

LMAO We've gone over this many times. Whites are indigenous to Europe. Get over it, Marc.

Posts: 26318 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti - Haven't we been through this before? The offer still stands though, name a White people or group, and I’ll tell you the recent time when they got there.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horus, do you really think education can help a racist? Fine. What if the racist is already educated? So this education works for you does it? How can you educate me enough to say I can accept the word as just a word—and ignoring completely its malevolent use after I just explained to you how I see it? You can't be serious. Have I educated you yet?

You ain't readin' straight Horus.

The ''n'' word is dripping with venom, repression, hate, in its vilest form, yet there are those that ignore that. Again, read what I said about the word.

Djehuti, why are you injecting off topic material in a thread that has been designated off topic to begin with?

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Grumman f6f - I think Horus meant educating Black People, but I'm sure he will speak for himself. I interject because I just can't understand your point of view. I noticed you show your location as midwest U.S. Is that like around Kansas? Do most Black people in your area feel the same way about it. If you can, could you give some examples as to why. I once had a brother from the south, respond in a similar way to the words Mr. Charlie, I couldn't understand that either.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grumman f6f:
Horus, do you really think education can help a racist? Fine. What if the racist is already educated? So this education works for you does it? How can you educate me enough to say I can accept the word as just a word—and ignoring completely its malevolent use after I just explained to you how I see it? You can't be serious. Have I educated you yet?

The ''n'' word is dripping with venom, repression, hate, in its vilest form, yet there are those that ignore that. Again, read what I said about the word.

Djehuti, why are you injecting off topic material in a thread that has been designated off topic to begin with?

Grumman [Roll Eyes] you're my dude, no need for us to fight. Mike is right, I could care less whether or not a racist is educated, in fact, if I could see to it I'd make sure they are relegated permanently to ignorance to make it easier to deal with them. However, the reality is that it's us Africans that suffer more from ignorance. They can keep the N word. What we want is total freedom from ignorance.

I understand the legacy of the N word and how it's hurtful when said to a lot of Black people but still, I say, change your perception (chinese proverb) and see that it's just a word, fundamentally. I think with more education ... things like this won't matter. There's a bigger cake to bake.

2 cents.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Mike111 says:
''I think Horus meant educating Black People,''

As if Black mericans need an education on this word... at least the older ones anyway. They know the pain and emotional shackles associated with its use.

''I interject because I just can't understand your point of view.''

Way to go my man. Then you can't or won't understand the pain a Jew, Gypsies, Poles and others have when they hear the word Nazi, even though those groups of people would be considered ''white.'' How sweet it is to lay low recent history.

''I noticed you show your location as midwest U.S. Is that like around Kansas?''

Kansas would probably be considered the far boundary I suppose. Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio fit in this area.

''Do most Black people in your area feel the same way about it.''

Well I
If you can, could you give some examples as to why. I once had a brother from the south, respond in a similar way to the words Mr. Charlie, I couldn't understand that either.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Full comments

Mike111 says:
''I think Horus meant educating Black People''

As if Black Americans need an education on this word... at least the older ones anyway. They know the pain and emotional shackles associated with its use.

''I interject because I just can't understand your point of view.''

Way to go my man. Then you can't or won't understand the pain a Jew, Gypsies, Poles and others have when they hear the word Nazi, even though those groups of people would be considered ''white.'' How sweet it is to lay low recent history.

''I noticed you show your location as midwest U.S. Is that like around Kansas?''

Kansas would may be considered the far boundary I suppose, not sure on that state. Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio fit in this area, maybe more.

''Do most Black people in your area feel the same way about it.''

Well I don't assume to know another's pain but given the younger generation's seeming ignorance of the word I can offer no answer to that at all, except an uncaring ignorance brought about by not knowing the history of the south from many dozens of years back. In other words it's hard for me to see those pictures from the link and not see the word ''N'' plastered across the lifeless, hanging bodies—all because there was no power to be had, no pleading to a higher authority to see if what the mob thought you did even warranted a slap on the wrist instead of a total destruction of skin color. And yes, many, many years ago I had worked with a much older Black man who, according to his testimony, witnessed a hanging in Alabama. I can't recall the decade other than to say it may have been in the early 30s because he was nearly 65 back in 1985 and retired shortly after he told me the story. He was 10 when he witnessed this. I asked the gentleman how did he happen on the scene. He was playing in the field, as usual, when he heard a commotion. He edged closer through the brush and saw a Black man being strung up (by those who controlled the power in all its aspects, that is local citizens, thereby assuring no one of color could escape its death touch if they saw fit to administer it). He said he saw the guy struggling for his last breath, then he stopped moving. I asked him if he was making this up. He quietly said no he wasn't. He also said he didn't make a sound while he was watching this. He stayed hidden until everyyone left, then he made his way back to the shack where he lived.

I remembered this man's name for so many years until it quietly slipped from memory. Never will forget that pleasant man either. Kind of hard being a n..... in times past.

Old man Jones, now deceased from 10 years ago, during one of our many conversations about the south, Alabama again, said a local black man was shot dead by a white guy because the white guy had affections for the high yellow woman the black guy was married to. Old man Jones never changed his story in the two years I had been talking to him about some things.

Seems the husband had had enough of the bold attempts from the white guy concerning his wife and confronted him in a local black bar, an altercation ensued about this woman and the casualty was the black husband, shot dead in the bar. Jones said up until he left Alabama after the war years he never heard tell about the man being punished for killing this black man—about his own wife. I guess it could be argued the woman undoubtedly played both ends herself. The painful fact remains however, one was a white man, the other a n...... Does the ugliness of this word still mean nothing to anyone here?

My family harkened from the deep south also in that time period but in another state west of Alabama. I didn't know about being a n..... then because I was still a baby. They had had enough of being one of those in that state and scraped together the money to finally stop being a N, at least in that state, then left.

My late uncle (May, 2006), told me in one of our many heartfelt conversations how it was being one of those Ns back in that period. His time came to leave oppression because they, yes they, had warned him about something. Other family members say he dared to not be a n......, that's why he left. So yes, my family knew what it was to actually be one of those. It's hard to not be one when everything you worked at classified you as an N; working their butts off all summer long picking cotton, thinking you had earned enough money to get ahead, only to find you were in arrears and indebted to 'the man' who had the authority to call you an N whether you think you are or not, when you took your ''stub'' in to have it accounted for, constantly being told by the establishment ''we're sorry but our records say you owe more than you thought you did.''

So, who has the power in this picture, the N, or the other. Does anyone still like this word?

Horus, I'm sorry for coming at you that way.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Grumman f6f - I understand and sympathize with your pain, and I thank you for sharing.

However, I would argue that the issue is not really the "N" word, rather it is powerlessness.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^you hit the nail on the head.

quote:
The only thing that is humiliating is helplessness.

source: Ancient Egyptian Proverbs

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
''However, I would argue that the issue is not really the "N" word, rather it is powerlessness.''

Which of course is what I was talking about in my lengthy explanation.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
I understand: so lets fight that instead.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like this has turned into an longer arguement: I'll just drop my 2 cents:

quote:
Originally posted by Grumman f6f:

However, Mr. Grunmums 6f6, what's really real, here?

Truthfully, if this is the situation:

If an adversary can make you fret and leave you demoralized with a word,

but your doing the same in such a manner may not even cause this adversary concern, might even cause him to laugh; who has the power now?

Let's not allow them power, like magic that suddenly revives all the spririts and attitudes of old-time America - with a word. We've come out of their slavery (at least officially/symbolically), with their power, still failing them when it came to our minds, too far to trip and be sent sprawling because of a word.

Now it's ok to let the word allow your mind become dissillusioned with the purposeful-naive assertions that everything is peachy keen now between blakK and whitey.

Now Horus, I know you may think all Americans, especially AAs are crazy, but we're not.

The word hardly gets uttered, by anyone other than by black Americans today, because we've all been taught American history and even the most dunce-like among us has ethics enough to see that it's un ethical to call a black bondage descendant that.

There are various reasons we still use it: (and we don't all use it) some used it because we could all relate to it, some who actually considered themselves n*****s (in the pejorative sense), others tried to flip and flop things (bad = good, black=good), and for still others, various mixes of all of the reasons above.

Frustration is a powerful thing. Let them be the frustrated, and dumbfounded ones. When people are frustrated, they mess up. I've seen people whose whole identity was wrapped up in their 'race' and upon seeing that I was more than on par with them, they got more frustrated, then more stupid, then more frustrated, then MORE stupid. I suppose this as false notions of racial superiority and their attached identity begin to collapse in front of them, they can't help but become anxious (Similar to what I've seen some trolls on here do, like post pics of mail-order brides as phenotypical proof of genetic male lineages.

Wouldn't you rather leave racists the self - deteriorating group? If it really bothers you, punch them in the face.

I'd save my concerns for an actual threat though.

Edit: just read the "young generations ignorance" comment.

Let me just say this: Though we should teach our children the necissary extent of our history here, so that they may understand our integrity and our plight, perhaps we shouldn't flood their minds with a [self-]defeatist attitude by rigorously reinvigorating the feeling and notion of black ... lowness, forcing this into their minds. Trust me, society tries hard enough to do that. Children are more keen than they seem, they're actually listening when they hear a mother or an auntee say "Your hair is nappeh,...!", and connect that grade of hair with everything else negative, like [http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005141;p=2#000051]unkempt-ness.[/url]

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Alive-(What Box) says:
''However, Mr. Grunmums 6f6, what's really real, here?

Truthfully, if this is the situation:

If an adversary can make you fret and leave you demoralized with a word''

Respectfully little brother it has nothing to do with being demoralized and fretful, even though you measured it by saying ''if'', but everything to do with simply requesting to a person who may be inclined to use it to not use it in intelligent conversation, from white or black.

All I'm saying and I'm agreeing with you and Horus, the word as a standalone unit should not be a call to arms for anyone. But just simply and firmly announce displeasure at the use of the word. There is simply no reason to accept its use other than asking for it to be used as a verbatim comment.

I heard the word used by neighborhood folks on a frequent basis as a kid growing up in the 50s; as a term of familiarity and affection and the other as a negative. So I'm simply saying the word connotes, to me anyway, powerlessness amongst the blacks who had to endure its sting on a routine basis. Jigs, coons, darkie, maybe others, don't have the intensity the N-word does; and I wouldn't use them either.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com