EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Did anyone catch the Black pharoahs show?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did anyone catch the Black pharoahs show?
Naga Def Wolofi
Member # 14535

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naga Def Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2007/dec/27/the-black-pharohs/

he Black Pharaohs

12:00a.m. 27 December 2007

Don't miss The Black Pharaohs documentary on the ABC at 9.30pm.

Dr Vivian Davies claims that a recently discovered set of hieroglyphs proves that, in 800 BC, Egypt was under the rule of black Pharaohs from neighbouring Nubia.

This film examines the impact of these sensational discoveries. "Listen to me you who are upon earth...For I warn of the coming of Kush."

This inscription details an Egyptian tomb owner's role in saving Egypt from death and destruction in a war fought with the Kingdom of Kush (modern-day Sudan) in 1600 BC.

Historians have long known about Kush, but relegated its importance to a vassal state of Egypt, significant only for its gold reserves. Early excavations in the Kush capital at Kerma suffered from the innate racism of the archaeologists.

Fabulous grave goods, discovered in the 20th century, were thought to have belonged to Kush's Egyptian overlords. They didn't consider that a black African culture could have challenged Egypt's supremacy.

The inscription exposed the truth. Although it won battles, Kush eventually lost the war, and for the next 1000 years, Egypt had the upper hand. But the inscription served as a warning prophecy to Egypt that it might pay a high price.

The enslaved Kushites would have their revenge. Allowed, and even encouraged, to rebuild their own kingdom along the lines of Egypt, in 747 BC, Kush attacked the Pharaoh's power in a daring land grab.

The Kushite king, Piye, overthrew the yoke, conquered mighty Egypt and established a 100-year rule of black Pharaohs. Even after being ousted from the Egyptian throne, Kushite kings continued to rule an empire as mighty as any, until the arrival of Alexander the Great.

For a number of years, British Museum archaeologists have been making find after find in the Upper Nile Valley to substantiate this story - huge lost pyramids, burial chambers of 200 workers, and stores of gold.

Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sudanese kingdoms existed along the Upper Nile before the Unification of Egypt. There were often skirmishes, but Kushites were not enslaved en masse just for being Kushites. Sudanese people, just like any other people the Egyptians fought, were enslaved as prisoners of war taken in combat. All enemies of Egypt were depicted in the same way in ancient Egypt, bound, tied and underfoot of the pharoah and Sudan was not unique in this regard. And there were many Southern groups with whom the Egyptians had very good relations, including those who helped Egypt against foreign invaders.

Again, this whole idea that Kush was only a "slave" state to be subjugated by Egypt is nonsense and the reason Kush came to rule Egypt in the 25th dynasty was a result of the strong ties between the two regions in the 18th, which were a result of the identification of Amun as originating at Gebel Barkal.

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both nations were Black I saw the National Geographic cover for this month and decided to take a peek inside. The title was about how the "Black" Sudanese army conquered the pharoahs. They showed Nubians, pictured as dark skinned Black people conquering Egyptians who were pictured as white skinned; Just redicules.

--------------------

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, what exactly do you mean by "Amun as originating at Gebel Barkal"?

Cheers.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom:
Both nations were Black I saw the National Geographic cover for this month and decided to take a peek inside. The title was about how the "Black" Sudanese army conquered the pharoahs. They showed Nubians, pictured as dark skinned Black people conquering Egyptians who were pictured as white skinned; Just redicules.

those were most likely libyans who took over egypt.remember most of egypt was ruled by libyan egyptians.the question is who were the libyans of this period.
Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:

Cheers.

During the 18th dynasty (and possibly earlier) the Egyptians conquered Kush and established the Southern Opet temple at the foot of Gebel Barkal. The pharaohs of the time declared this site to be the ancient, long lost ancestral homeland of Amun worship. The southern Opet temple was a twin sister of Karnak and during the 18th and 19th dynasties many pharaohs built and expanded temples there. Of course, the Europeans over simplify the significance of this and say that the "Nubians" thought that Amun worship originated at Gebel Barkal, when in all actuality the Egyptians originated the idea, by adopting local religious practices into Egyptian cosmology AND because of the shape of the Mountain itself, which is the most significant reason. It also shows the ties again between Egyptian cosmology and the South as many of the deities and cosmologies of Egypt originated in the South to begin with. In fact, if you dig deeper, you will see that Amun worship actually rose to prominence under the Southern oriented kings of the 11th dynasty, specifically Amenhemat I. This king is famous for the prophecies of Neferti which signify the rise of a king from Ta Seti the southernmost part of Upper Egypt.
Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article speaks of the 'racism' of past scholars in their studies of Nubia but the article itself as well as most dealing with Egypt are racist as long as they continue to deny that the Egyptians and their civilization was also black African.

I remember someone saying on another thread how the very phrase 'black pharaoh' is oxymoronic. It is not, since an oxymoron is a self-contradictory phrase. 'Black pharoah' is not self contradictory, however it is repetitious since Egyptian pharaohs were black and the very institution of pharaoh or divine king was itself a black African institution! For example, the divine kings of West African groups like the Yoruba were known as Obas. It would be like creating the phrase 'black Obas'! It is utterly ridiculous, but Western scholars fail to realize this until their fallacy of non-black/non-Afican Egypt are destroyed.

quote:
Originally posted by kenndo:

quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom:

those were most likely libyans who took over egypt.remember most of egypt was ruled by libyan egyptians.the question is who were the libyans of this period.
I don't think so Kenndo! If these pictures were from National Geographic, then there is no mistaking those 'white' looking people to be Egyptians! LOL
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I happen to have purchased the N.G magazine and well I was impressed and outrage or disappointed by it.

First it DOES show the ingenous and Unique quailites of the Kushites, Merotics, in the land of Tai-sety.

It even said that Kushite Architecture and such were Uniqe and not Egyptian Carbon copies.

However it used the term NUBIAN and even on the Website said that Nubian means Bronzed or Burned or something like that....VERY MISLEADING AND A EUROCENTIC TACTIC. The thing is Egyptian NEVER refered to the Southerners as NUBIAN..

Also, it showed the racism of the pase...and the Attack on Afrocentrism was by theis Quote......"Revisiting the golden Age of the African Deser does little to Advance the case of Afrocentric scholars that believe The Egyptians from Tut to Cleopatra were black."

That was a mere passive attack on not only Afrocentric but ANYONE who believe Egypt was black African, becuase MANY like me believe the NAtive (BLACK) Egyptians lost Km.t after the 25th.
Also Cleopatra is white and I dont really understand the facination with that Greek Whore. She did nothing for Egypt other than open her legs up to every Roman General with an Erection....THEY CAN HAVE THAT GREEK WHORE.

Second they did'nt post that the cult of Amun Litteraly MARCHED their behinds to Mero to Get the Kushites to set the Egyptians back in order.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Personal opinion is that the Priesthood of Amun that gained Control of Km.t after Ramses the 3rd drove his country into decline...SAW the Merotics as EGYPTS last chance to regain their former glory.

As with the Expulsion of the Hyksos, and the Dawn of the New kindom they say the Unification of the two lands of Egypt and Mero as the last chance Egypt had.

I mean CAN YOU BLAME THEM....THE ONLY GROUP that EVER is depicted as the Most EGYPTIAN or Closer to Egyptians in not only Dress, Skin, and Religion and Culture were the Southerners. Countless depictions show the Kushites with black as well as the Reddish brown as the Egyptians.

Also the Thebian Amun religion had a profound effect on the Kushites.

Egypt during this time had two kings rulling, chaos, turmoil, people were abandoning the status quo and the Amun order.

When the Priest of Amun looked ahead I trully believe they saw the true end to the precious nation.
What could they do? this Can NOT...Happen in the eyes of the Amun Preisthood.....

So when they looked south they saw the answer....Mero. A nation Independent....Gaining Power....STABLE....Stong Army filled with Archers...AND MOST OF ALL....Centered Around the PRECIOUS AMUN.

It was an ingenious idea. It could have worked...and I WISH IT WOULD HAVE WORKED...

Imagine a New Kingdom with EGYPT and...SO CALLED NUBIA...United..

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:

Cheers.

Well some Nubiologist believes that Gebel Barkel was a sacred site to Egyptians as well as so called Nubians, in the fact they considered the mountian the place of Amun.

Actually most of what I believe about the 25th comes from this Nubiologist man....However he is obviously a White Man trained in Eurocentrism becuase he calls the so called Nubian Pharohs the "Black" pharohs. Like I said what I believe stems from his conclusions about Amun, Mero and Jebel Barkel.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By purchasing the magazine instead of reading
it in a library or at Barnes&Noble you have just
funded the very Eurocentricism you're speaking
against.

quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:
I happen to have purchased the N.G magazine and well I was impressed and outrage or disappointed by it.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL Exactly. Which is why I only read Nat Geo when 'browsing' through a bookstore.

But in any case that whole quote of passive attack on Afrocentrism is a joke as we said on the other thread about it.

"......"Revisiting the golden Age of the African Desert does little to Advance the case of Afrocentric scholars that believe The Egyptians from Tut to Cleopatra were black."

Not only is Cleopatra not ethnically Egyptian but Greek, but one question I forgot to ask is what the heck did they mean by "African desert"??!

I take it they mean the Nubian Desert; if so, basic geography shows that the Nubian desert is just a part of the greater Saharan desert that equally covered Egypt and is as a whole African!

So I take it the Egyptian desert is not African?! LOL

Anyway, welcome aboard Jari.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
By purchasing the magazine instead of reading
it in a library or at Barnes&Noble you have just
funded the very Eurocentricism you're speaking
against.

quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:

I know, but Like I said it had some good info about Merotics and most of the info was just simple misinformation.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ LOL Exactly. Which is why I only read Nat Geo when 'browsing' through a bookstore.

But in any case that whole quote of passive attack on Afrocentrism is a joke as we said on the other thread about it.

"......"Revisiting the golden Age of the African Desert does little to Advance the case of Afrocentric scholars that believe The Egyptians from Tut to Cleopatra were black."

Not only is Cleopatra not ethnically Egyptian but Greek, but one question I forgot to ask is what the heck did they mean by "African desert"??!

I take it they mean the Nubian Desert; if so, basic geography shows that the Nubian desert is just a part of the greater Saharan desert that equally covered Egypt and is as a whole African!

So I take it the Egyptian desert is not African?! LOL

Anyway, welcome aboard Jari.

I actually was going to browse it too, but I like to study my Enemy in a weird sort of way and I was on my lunch break and did not have time or paper to write down the misinformed Eurocentric tactics.

Eurocentrics like to take unfamiliarity as a weakness. Also, it was not THAT BAD..like that stormfront stuff...I can't even digest two minutes with those Blond Egyptian Morons.

Oh, and I have been reading for quite a while...and to say I learned a lot from you guys is putting it lightly.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com