EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What is going on here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is going on here?
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is my post deleted ? [Confused]
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know who deleted the topic

OT: THE JEWISH DNA STUDY

BTW, it was an old thread and I did not wanted to start a new one.

Also, who deleted my thread this morning?? [Mad] Moderators???

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the mods are losing their minds.

Threads are being deleted without any warning. "Attn Mods" disappeared couple of days ago.

Now this forum Ancient Egypt as no moderators but Egyptology does. Look like it a free for all on this board - moderatorless.

Looks like time to start beefing up (TNV) the nile forum.

Saw some minor changes on the banner recently. Or maybe the banner rotates. Any way that is a good sign. does not look as Afrocentric. Still has too many sections - should try to simplify it.

Also put some Pyramids in the banner. May an AE art piece. Tuts face for example since it is so popular

Agree- we should start migrating stuff to TNV.

Horus - any possibility of migrating all this good info?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Perhaps they are following my suggestion of getting all your trolls under one bridge if you know what I mean...

However, the deletion of threads is unnecessary.

Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Mods. Is it a free for all on this board with no moderators. I am sure DJ will like to nominate himself. HEHEHEHEHEH

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I already feel like a moderator, I don't want the actual responsiblity thank you!
Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
So Mods. Is it a free for all on this board with no moderators. I am sure DJ will like to nominate himself. HEHEHEHEHEH

DJ may already be a Mod it is interesting that in the Polynesian thread when DJ claimed he was very dark, but did not want to be recognized as Black the thread disappeared.

Interesting........

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Sure you don't. [Wink]
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ I already feel like a moderator, I don't want the actual responsiblity thank you!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Indeed. Really curious how certain threads are disappearing lately.

Even in the moderatorLESS AE&E.
I wonder what is the criterion being used to delete threads. Maybe Mansa Musa or Henu can shed some light. Tell us what is off-limits. eg no bashing of any other ethnic groups except AA and their homies.

Seems like some nonsensical/no value ones go on ad infinitum.

So mansa, are you still around or is DJ the covert moderator as some are implying?

quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:

DJ may already be a Mod it is interesting that in the Polynesian thread when DJ claimed he was very dark, but did not want to be recognized as Black the thread disappeared.

Interesting........

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don't tell me a non-African is the
big boss of the Africans on this forum. [Frown]
I already absented myself from TaSeti
where a Filipino is Lord of the Blacks.

Is there some unwritten rule "No blacks
in charge of nothing black nowhere?" Where
oh where is the anything non-black where a
black is either the expert authority or the
big boss? Yet everywhere I turn all I see is
non-blacks in charge of black affairs.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Interesting........

Indeed...very interesting.
Posts: 148 | From: Sirius | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Interesting........

Very dark but not black as in like a Mexican is. Though I don't know why lil ol me would cause a whole thread to dissappear. Actually, now that I've used the search engine there are in fact several recent threads that have been deleted and so I'm certain these deleted threads are an unwanted side-effect of the forum split.
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

Please don't tell me a non-African is the
big boss of the Africans on this forum. [Frown]
I already absented myself from TaSeti
where a Filipino is Lord of the Blacks.

Is there some unwritten rule "No blacks
in charge of nothing black nowhere?" Where
oh where is the anything non-black where a
black is either the expert authority or the
big boss? Yet everywhere I turn all I see is
non-blacks in charge of black affairs.

First of all, I never wanted the job being moderator.

And second, why must 'race' be a factor anyway considering that this isn't even a thread on black or African affairs but on ancient Egypt and/or Egyptology which last time I checked is something of interest to alot of people regardless of their ethnic background as seen by the various non-black posters excluding myself that post here. [Roll Eyes]

[Embarrassed] Also, I have nothing to do with the guy who runs Ta-Seti, in fact it was only recently that I even found out he's Filippino cuz a troll once accused me of being him! LOL I always assumed the guy was black.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
DJ- [I]so I'm certain these deleted threads are an unwanted side-effect of the forum split.{/I]

You are CERTAIN? What does the split have to do with threads being deleted. I assume it is a manual process to split the threads. Someone has to manually sort and split the threads. So it is not unwanted and you are certainly NOT certain.

More talking before thinking from DJ. No disrespect, I respect you knowledge, but you open your mouth without thinking things through. What is that a sign of?

So . . .any word on the background of the MODS?

BTW- Threads have disappeared AFTER the split. ATTN Mods is a good example. So DJ please assess you claims before writing.

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't play obtuse DJ, it ill becomes you.

No one harps on the blackness and Africaness
of AE more than you do for you now to suddenly
see no connection between the study of Egypt
and black & African affairs.

AE is very much a black or African affair.

And yes a lot are interested in AE as well as
other black & African affairs -- namely the
money to be made off of Africa and Africans
at home and abroad who are stupid enough to
let others not their own to lead and direct
them against their own self-interests.

I say HANDS OFF to non-blacks and non-Africans
seeking to control or be experts on anything
related to Africa excercising authority over
Africans who are experts in such fields. No
other people allow it.

And you won't outrank me because if in fact you
are moderator as you appear to confess then I'm
out of here.

quote:
... I never wanted the job being moderator.

... this isn't even a thread on black or African affairs but on ancient Egypt and/or Egyptology which last time I checked is something of interest to alot of people regardless of their ethnic background as seen by the various non-black posters excluding myself that post here.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Hey Altakruri.

Leaving is not the solution. . . yet. I will suggest building TNV first. ie finding ways to attract more posters.

BTW - don't play ignoran. Sammy is almost certainly non-african. . .ethnically. Probably an egyptian arab ethnically. Mansa Musa- AA, Ausar - fellahin, Henu (?) - maybe bi-racial.

--------------------

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^sammy is British and most likely a native of England [Big Grin]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
NATIVE of Britain. So what now Altakruri?
You can tell Sammy is not-African/black

quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:
^sammy is British and most likely a native of England [Big Grin]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
How do you know Sammy is not an Egyptian?
I even know Jordanians named Sammy. What
pisses me off about Sammy is the 1st time
he stepped in and just broad axed perfectly
good threads because he was too angry or
lazy to sift the chaff from the wheat.

The mysterious Henu, I don't. All I know
is he was appointed and cowardly hides
his identity while claiming to be a
contributor to the forum under another
tag. He just acts like the typical despot
so I imagine he's an African. All I expect
of Henu is for him to come along and delete
this thread like any African despot leader
censors any words from the rabble not praising him.

I came to ES AE&E because of Ausar whose
ethnicity I have absolutely no problem
with and who personally helped me build
a super-extensive Africana bibliography.
He tired of the forum taking on a chat
room character with himself powerless
to ban "trolls" and also overwhelmed
in trying to police the forum to keep
it PG-13 mature, polite, and not a
warzone of adolescent hijinx.

The popular vote for moderators was his
only mistake and led to the visionless
mess this forum has now become with its
absentee moderators who have no policy
except personal whim who allow certain
posters to call all the names and flame
bait to their heart's content while some
other posters tongues are held to the
grindstone.

Face it. This site's bottomline is its
bottomline. As long as it generates
traffic and the ads get hits the owner
couldn't care less about its operation.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

...who personally helped me build
a super-extensive Africana bibliography.

Hi, BIG BRUV, I know you don't (unfortunately) read PMs so I ask of you: Do you mind giving me a list of your "Africana bibliography" before you disappear into the Internet wind...?

I will truly appreciate this.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti says:
''Very dark but not black as in like a Mexican is.''

Where are you getting this from Djehuti? You said this several times now throughout a topic or two. I know some Mexicans can be very dark but the ones I see on television and magazines all are light brown or lighter complexion. I'm saying, judging by your characterization all are very dark. Pictorial evidence doesn't show this as a general rule.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ I'm not dark enough to be 'black' but not light enough to be white. I'm 'brown' as are many populations in the world that aren't black.

I hope you get the idea. Anyway, enough about how I look like which really isn't anyone's concern.

quote:

DJ- so I'm certain these deleted threads are an unwanted side-effect of the forum split.{/I]

You are CERTAIN? What does the split have to do with threads being deleted. I assume it is a manual process to split the threads. Someone has to manually sort and split the threads. So it is not unwanted and you are certainly NOT certain.

More talking before thinking from DJ. No disrespect, I respect you knowledge, but you open your mouth without thinking things through. What is that a sign of?

So . . .any word on the background of the MODS?

BTW- Threads have disappeared AFTER the split. ATTN Mods is a good example. So DJ please assess you claims before writing.

Don't be paranoid. I've used the search engine and there are various threads that have been deleted, that existed before the split.
quote:

other people allow it.

out of here.

You are right that since Ancient Egypt is black African it is a black African affair, but it also a [i]human
affair that everyone is welcome to not just blacks or peoples of African descent.

And what the heck makes you think I'm a moderator all of a sudden?!! I told you I don't even want to be elected for the job! Also, your blantant bias on black Africans only makes me hesitant about you recieving the position of moderator here.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
That's funny - Jordanians named Sammy. Ho!Ho! Ho!.

I assume Horus has reliable information about the ethnicity of Sammy. we all know his name is not "sammy"

I am making calculated guesses.
You veterans carry this forum, most of which are Black Africans(incl decendants). . .and DJ, Tigerlilly-who find great stuff, etc.

Prepare TNV for the move. Set it up like a play ground where all kids can come play regardless of ethnicity. Simplify the first page. Put some AE artwork on the first page. "Egypt" should be part of the name.

And please allow people with opposing views to post as long as they are not disruptive and disrespectful. Guys like Glider should be allowed to post but just ignored if necessary. Only in extreme circumstances they should be banned.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Sammy is the guy's name, bozo. LOL And I believe he is from England.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Without instant ban power moderating this list
is impossible. I don't think I could moderate
this forum. It's very different from any list
I've moderated in the past plus I don't like
working for somebody else for free. But for
sure if I did the first thing I'd do is end
your reign of insulting and flame baiting.
So carry on secret moderator -- you get away
with too much s h i t and are protected too
vigilantly not to be a moderator or close to
a moderator.

And you're damn right I'm pro-African biased.
What kind of damn fool isn't biased in their
own favor? Stop trying to tell Africans what's
in their best interest. We're not all sell outs
to foreign interests who want our resources and
want to direct us for their own benefit to our
own detriment.

BTW everything on earth is a human affair. The
Eternal varied us scattered us to different
continents not that we should withdraw from
association but that we should know one another
but not so well that one group should be led
from the top by an outsider even an outsider
who naturalizes -- dig, an outlander may make
it to governer but not president, dig. Now how's
that for bias my "brown" cousin.

quote:

quote:

other people allow it.

out of here.

You are right that since Ancient Egypt is black African it is a black African affair, but it also a human affair that everyone is welcome to not just blacks or peoples of African descent.

And what the heck makes you think I'm a moderator all of a sudden?!! I told you I don't even want to be elected for the job! Also, your blantant bias on black Africans only makes me hesitant about you recieving the position of moderator here.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Again . . . .DJ. You are proving to be not to smart(analytical). You do have a good memory(recollection) to history.
First off - how do YOU KNOW his name is Sammy. Do you communicate with him personally. It is not paranoia. It is simple deduction. About 95% of poster uses an alias. Dr Winters, Marc and Doug are maybe afew who do not. Hell, some of you uses more than one alias.

So my bro . . .THINK before you speak (eh! write).

Is Henu, Ausar and Mansa Musa their real names?

quote:
^ Sammy is the guy's name, bozo. LOL And I believe he is from England.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some are deleted, that's true, but many that say they're gone when you click on them aren't.

You just have to switch from forum 8 to forum 15.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Without instant ban power moderating this list
is impossible. I don't think I could moderate
this forum. It's very different from any list
I've moderated in the past plus I don't like
working for somebody else for free. But for
sure if I did the first thing I'd do is end
your reign of insulting and flame baiting.
So carry on secret moderator -- you get away
with too much s h i t and are protected too
vigilantly not to be a moderator or close to
a moderator.

The only thing I agree with you on is that there definitely seems to be a lack of bann power or at least banning individuals of certain IP addresses. Other than that am I a "secret moderator"?! Better yet, how am I protected and what do I get away with?? As usual, one of your main problems is paranoia! I am have no more power in this forum than you or anyone else. If I happen to be favored in this forum by a mod or such it is probably because I'm one of the few who is not only unbias but is calm and collective and not quick to get into any quibbles involving ethnic connotations and such. [Embarrassed]

quote:
And you're damn right I'm pro-African biased.
What kind of damn fool isn't biased in their
own favor? Stop trying to tell Africans what's
in their best interest. We're not all sell outs
to foreign interests who want our resources and
want to direct us for their own benefit to our
own detriment.

Okay. But since when have I been someone to tell Africans what to do or how to think? I am just someone interested in African history, particularly Nile Valley Egypt. So?

quote:
BTW everything on earth is a human affair. The
Eternal varied us scattered us to different
continents not that we should withdraw from
association but that we should know one another
but not so well that one group should be led
from the top by an outsider even an outsider
who naturalizes -- dig, an outlander may make
it to governer but not president, dig. Now how's
that for bias my "brown" cousin.

Okay but you seem to be interjecting your politics onto issues that have litle to do with it. Namely the discussion about Egyptian-Nile Valley African history. True, African history should be controlled by peoples of African descent but this is merely about discussing history and that's all. I notice you say Manansala who runs Ta Seti is "Lord of the blacks" when instead of someone ruling blacks he is just someone who likes to discuss an interesting aspect of African history such as I. Heck, you even see King (a white boy) going around asking about African genetics and biohistory, yet I see nothing awful about that. And yes I am 'brown'. Despite what you may think people of color are not only black, and Asian Americans such as myself are not only 'yellow'.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
And your main problem is your head's stuck up your ass, youngsta.
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edited
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok fellas! Let us display some dignity and couth!
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Of coure you refer to the last gentleman who resorts to profanity, no doubt due to being so moved by something I said.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Nothing could be more profane than your name calling,
quack psychiatric pronouncements, and annoying judgement
calls.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
What's up with TNV. JOINED THS MORNING. ES is really for chit chat. The La Reine Soleil thread FU was the last straw. Was hoping to go to TNV to get intellectual stuff. But aparently it is not working. I have to come to both sites.

Why is the posting “locked”?

Few suggestions

1.Returning to the main page is difficult to navigate
2.Finding the posting link is also difficult. ES has it own
3.Ancient Egypt should be on display on top of the web page someplace.
4.There should a “general discussion” header about AE since most newbies will not know what these header are.
5.Web address is hard to remember.
6.There should be a pyramid on the main web page. Newbies to know what the site is about.

--------------------

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:

Few suggestions

Yes I too have noticed these two properties of the TNV site are its achilles heel to becoming as popular on the web as ES.

Though I get the feeling the owner wants to keep these properties which lead me to the conclusion that the owner doesn't want the site to become any more popular than it already is.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by HORUS^*^:
quote:

Few suggestions

Yes I too have noticed these two properties of the TNV site are its achilles heel to becoming as popular on the web as ES.

Though I get the feeling the owner wants to keep these properties which lead me to the conclusion that the owner doesn't want the site to become any more popular than it already is.

I "take back" point 1. It's actually quite easy to return to the main page from any page. Click the link at the top that says thenilevalley Forum Index.

This point still stands though:

There's noway anyone is going to bother to remember to type in "thenile.phpbb-host.com" into their browser all the time. And one cannot assume that everyone uses bookmarks.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^And besides, php is so 1990s. It's rubbish.

I noticed a lot of sites with quality content (like ES and thirdworldpress) use php. Who is the software technician/architect behind these sites? He/She should be sacked! [Razz]

I would put these "legacy" [Big Grin] php websites on steroids ( jsp ) if the owners would let me get my dirty hands on their servers & software [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com