EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » OT: Moorish Art

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Moorish Art
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please post pics of moorish art work here! I'm actually trying to collect them for a facebook photo album I'm compiling. Thanks peops! [Smile]

Paintings, sculptures, masks e.t.c anything beautiful...

-

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Horus - But you need to tell where it is from, what is the time period, and who it depicts.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I agree but I actually don't know where it's from, what time period or who it depicts.

Would be nice if someone could help me out there.

Cheers.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're some good ones here.
Posts: 26318 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember, these paintings are heavily influenced Orientalisme
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS, these painting are not Moorish art [Smile]
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^can you get some pictures of Moorish Art?
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
PS, these painting are not Moorish art [Smile]

This paintings would be more of what is classified as Orientaliste art than Moorish.
That i know of,Moorish art mostly pertains to mosaics and types of architecture like those typical in countries like Morocco,Tunisia and Algeria.This 3 are known together as the Magreb.
[Cool]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Jean-Jacques Rousseau was a french renaissance philosopher and painter, he lived in the 18th century.

Nice painting nonetheless.

same with these below from the link above

-

-

-

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here`s a good site full of Orientaliste paintings:

http://www.orientalistart.net/index.html

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Moorish architecture:

-

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

I'm interested in depictions of the Moors; I'm not neccessarily interested in Orientaliste paintings unless it depicts the Moors.
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

I'm interested in depictions of the Moors; I'm not neccessarily interested in Orientaliste paintings unless it depicts the Moors.
Ok,Young Horus,dont bark at me [Roll Eyes] .I posted those because the painting you originally posted was first of All,Orientaliste.
Next time Google yourself and dont bother asking! [Razz]

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^get off my sacks and stick to the script.

quote:
Please post pics of moorish art work here! I'm actually trying to collect them for a facebook photo album I'm compiling. Thanks peops! [Smile]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this Medieval European painting count as one?

-

Posts: 26318 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^yeah dude. Thanks.
Honi B
Member # 12991

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Honi B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The Moorish Chief - Eduard Charlemont (1878)
(Philadelphia Museum of Art)

-
(Musee d'Orsay-Alexandre Georges Henri Regnault 1870)

-
The Moorish Warrior - William Merritt Chase (1878)
Source

Posts: 67 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honi B
Member # 12991

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Honi B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Head of a Moor
Alexandre Georges Henri Regnault (French, 1843-1871)
At the same time that French impressionist painters were freely interpreting their modern world, artists such as Regnault were creating imaginative views of Islamic history and society that fed a European and American interest in the exoticism of the Near East. Often expecting to find a politically and morally decadent culture given to capricious violence and sexual excess, orientalist painters and writers traveled to Turkey, Egypt, and North Africa along paths cleared by adventurers and European colonialism. Suzanne E. May, formerly research assistant
Corcoran Gallery of Art

Posts: 67 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Honi, we haven't seen you in a while! Where you been all this time?
Honi B
Member # 12991

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Honi B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Djehuti, I just came out of lurkers mode to help Young Horus get his project started [Smile] , other than that...just busy with life.

Btw, fyi..the 2nd paintings title is "Execution Without Hearing Under the Morrish King"

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^Thanks dude, these pics are excellent!

I've lost a Spanish friend on facebook already lol [Big Grin]

Honi B
Member # 12991

Rate Member
quote:
^Thanks dude, these pics are excellent!
Your Welcome dude!, but I'm a dudette. [Wink]

quote:
I've lost a Spanish friend on facebook already lol [Big Grin]
Why's that? He didn't know his cultures history?
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^nah, I think he was just salty [Wink]
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP. I'm not done with this.
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H*O*R*I*Z*O*N^*^H*O*R*U*S wrote:

quote:
Please post pics of moorish art work here! I'm actually trying to collect them for a facebook photo album I'm compiling. Thanks peops!

Why? You don't have anything to do with Moors.

You definitely do not look like one. LOL!

You don't have anything to do with North Africa, be it Northwest, Northcentral, or Northeast.

Shouldn't you be more concerned with West Africa? Or do you feel that "West Africa" is lacking so you feel the need to obsess "North Africa".

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H*O*R*I*Z*O*N^*^H*O*R*U*S wrote:

---------------------------
BUMP. I'm not done with this.
---------------------------

Well you should be. Let me stop lest it appears that I'm going race loon forum.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com