EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Was Rameses II a Redhead? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Was Rameses II a Redhead?
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think any Levantine ancestry in Ramses only
amounts to a fag in the woodpile, no where
near anywhere near enough to make him "asiatic"
in origin though there may well indeed be some
connection.

I.E. Alexander Hamilton hails from slavery era
Caribbean but is that enough to make him black?

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
Thanks for this thread, ausars posts above supports exactly what i've been saying all along ...

[...] can deny the asiatic origin/connection of the Ramses family. [Wink]

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ You read that, Glider? [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

I find it interesting that Egypto-forensics tend to de-emphasize direct skin color testing, in favor of all manner of bizarre attempts to infer skin color by testing other things.

No doubt they are too afraid of what they expect to be true. [Wink]

Diop was right all along. If you want an idea of their skin color, just do a melanin test.

Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is also ironic is that when you see the tourist and "native" arabs amongst the wall murals, how much 'blacker" the AE are compared to the tourist and most excavators. And yet it does not sink in.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ don't think light skin arabs egyptian and otherwise, don't notice it, and ask..hmmm?
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Which makes you wonder what must be going on in Hawass's head, considering he has seen practically all the murals and paintings! [Big Grin]
Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com