EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » A CLOSEUP EXAMINATION OF PROFILES FROM THE PAST: ANCIENT EGYPT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A CLOSEUP EXAMINATION OF PROFILES FROM THE PAST: ANCIENT EGYPT
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Glider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A CLOSEUP EXAMINATION OF PROFILES FROM THE PAST: ANCIENT EGYPT

-

Posts: 315 | From: Deep Earth | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 315 | From: Deep Earth | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Blaze
Member # 13931

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny Blaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how much black blood Thutmose 3 had,because he has a very straight prominent nose. Good looking statue. And for the lady,she has a cute face with a straight nose aswell
Posts: 62 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably a lot.

This is his mummy:

-

Here is his grandson Thutmosis IV:

-
From: http://www.flickr.com/photos/manna4u/sets/72157600018826993/with/431865519/

quote:

SN-Mandibular Plane
Subject SN-Mandibular Plane

Seqenenre Tao 34
Ahmose I 27.2
Amenhotep I 33.7
Thutmose I 34
Thutmose II 37.4
Thutmose III 43.1
Amenhotep II 38.4
Thutmose IV 26.2
Amenhotep III 28
Smenkhkare 37.33
Seti I 32.22
Ramesses II 31.9
Merenptah 33.4
Seti II 41.9
Siptah 49
Ramesses III 28.9
Ramesses IV 31.8
Ramesses V 28.6
Ramesses IX (XI) 33.4

In the study of Alexander and Hitchcock of Alabama populations, the AA norm for SN-Mand. was 34.4 compared to 32.0 for Caucasians. The average for the Pharaohs is 34.23. If one includes the New Kingdom Queens the mean is 35.83! (Alexander TL, Hitchcock HP. Cephalometric standards for American Negro children. Am J Orthod 1978;74:298-304)

ANB Values (A point-Nasion-B point)
Subject ANB (°)

Seqenenre Tao 6.22
Ahmose I 7.5
Amenhotep I 5.56
Thutmose I 10.46
Thutmose II 3.41
Thutmose III 6.1
Amenhotep II 5.5
Thutmose IV 5.84
Amenhotep III 6
Smenkhkare 5.41
Seti I 5.49
Ramesses II 6.94
Merenptah 7.5
Seti II 3.7
Siptah --
Ramesses III 7.2
Ramesses IV 6.26
Ramesses V 3.14
Ramesses IX (XI) 4.74

The values here are almost all very high. The mean is 5.9428, which exceeds the means obtained for persons of African descent in previous studies and far exceeds the means obtained for Caucasians. (Downs WB. Variations in facial relationships: Their significance in treatment and prognosis. Am J
Orthod 1948;34:812-840; Fonseca RJ, Klein WD. A cephalometric evaluation of American Negro women. Am J Orthod 1978;73:152-160; Steiner CC. Cephalometrics in clinical practice. Angle Orthod 1959;29:8-29).

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Blaze
Member # 13931

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny Blaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank for the pic. He does look alot more "Afro" in his mummy, the ancient Egyptians didn't really look aswell as they do in their statues.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glider:

A CLOSEUP EXAMINATION OF PROFILES FROM THE PAST: ANCIENT EGYPT

Sure, but these profiles can't help your case because again for the millionth time such profiles are not uncommon in black African populations.

Take this statue of of Thutmose III for instance.

-

^ I have seen a Tuareg man of Niger with the exact same nose!

This statue of Nofret, whose paint of course has worn off...

-

her features are no different from some north Sudanese or black Algerian women.

Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
Probably a lot.

This is his mummy:

-

Here is his grandson Thutmosis IV:

-
From: http://www.flickr.com/photos/manna4u/sets/72157600018826993/with/431865519/

quote:

SN-Mandibular Plane
Subject SN-Mandibular Plane

Seqenenre Tao 34
Ahmose I 27.2
Amenhotep I 33.7
Thutmose I 34
Thutmose II 37.4
Thutmose III 43.1
Amenhotep II 38.4
Thutmose IV 26.2
Amenhotep III 28
Smenkhkare 37.33
Seti I 32.22
Ramesses II 31.9
Merenptah 33.4
Seti II 41.9
Siptah 49
Ramesses III 28.9
Ramesses IV 31.8
Ramesses V 28.6
Ramesses IX (XI) 33.4

In the study of Alexander and Hitchcock of Alabama populations, the AA norm for SN-Mand. was 34.4 compared to 32.0 for Caucasians. The average for the Pharaohs is 34.23. If one includes the New Kingdom Queens the mean is 35.83! (Alexander TL, Hitchcock HP. Cephalometric standards for American Negro children. Am J Orthod 1978;74:298-304)

ANB Values (A point-Nasion-B point)
Subject ANB (°)

Seqenenre Tao 6.22
Ahmose I 7.5
Amenhotep I 5.56
Thutmose I 10.46
Thutmose II 3.41
Thutmose III 6.1
Amenhotep II 5.5
Thutmose IV 5.84
Amenhotep III 6
Smenkhkare 5.41
Seti I 5.49
Ramesses II 6.94
Merenptah 7.5
Seti II 3.7
Siptah --
Ramesses III 7.2
Ramesses IV 6.26
Ramesses V 3.14
Ramesses IX (XI) 4.74

The values here are almost all very high. The mean is 5.9428, which exceeds the means obtained for persons of African descent in previous studies and far exceeds the means obtained for Caucasians. (Downs WB. Variations in facial relationships: Their significance in treatment and prognosis. Am J
Orthod 1948;34:812-840; Fonseca RJ, Klein WD. A cephalometric evaluation of American Negro women. Am J Orthod 1978;73:152-160; Steiner CC. Cephalometrics in clinical practice. Angle Orthod 1959;29:8-29).

Yeah, well here's a picture of Thutmose III

-

^ You can see the close resemblance between he and his son.

Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glider:
Why hesitate; why not simply show all (and the few) fake Egyptian images at once. Come on, you know: The Nefertiti bust, the crap you've already shown, Tetisheri -- they're in all the books.
[Smile] So that we can deal with them one at a time [Big Grin] Duck soup!!!

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Yeah, well here's a picture of Thutmose III

-

^ You can see the close resemblance between he and his son.

Actually that is Thutmose IV. Thutmose III's tomb is full of stick figures. And the son of Thutmose III is Amenhotep II, who is the father of Thutmose III. (At least according to some chronologies.)
Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Golden Profile

-

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can post dozens of unambiguous "African
featured" AEs for each supposed "unAfrican
featured" one that Glider posts.

So even by his own game rules Glider will lose.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Nice Profile

-

Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Real Nice ; Great Picture

-

Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Artistic Beauty

-

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like these:

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
I Like This One...What an Expression

-

Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
The Blonde/Redhead Ramses The Great's Actual Mummy.

-

Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
Here is Another Mummy of Seti I....Where will they hide all these great mummies?

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

We can post dozens of unambiguous "African
featured" AEs for each supposed "unAfrican
featured" one that Glider posts.

So even by his own game rules Glider will lose.

There is actually no point in playing Glider's silly games. The boy has been told a million times that features like long straight noses or thin lips are not "caucasian" as such a racial label is scientifically debunked for the very reason that many peoples including black Africans have those exact same features.

-

-

-

Egyptians:

-

-

Of course, as usual, he just ignores facts and goes on his futile spamm rampage.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The Blonde/Redhead Ramses The Great's Actual Mummy.

-

^ LOL Glider, your point about the appearance of Ramses mummy has already been refuted here.

Other than bones of the skull you cannot tell how a person exactly looked like when alive. Hair pigment could have been and likely was lost throught the embalming processes and/or his hair was probably dyed before that.

Anyway, here is Ramses when he was alive:

-
 -
 -
 -
quote:
Here is Another Mummy of Seti I....Where will they hide all these great mummies?

-

They could hide them in the basements of the Cairo Museum, but it will do no good. You can't hide or run from the FACTS.

A more profile view of Seti I

-

When he was alive

-

Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
This wall mural explains everything about the people of Ancient Egypt and their African Enemies. Some of the enemies had a reddish coloring, but as one can see, their facial features are NON-Egyptian.

-

Finally, we get the " Black Philipino Cheerleader" to post a complete picture....good work for a novice.

BTW, eveyone knows that President Sadat's mother was Sudanese and he was very ashamed to tell people about her, as in his published biography..And your point goes into the circular filing cabinet. Looks like the Black Cheerleader missed his cue!!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This wall mural explains everything about the people of Ancient Egypt and their African Enemies. Some of the enemies had a reddish coloring, but as one can see, their facial features are NON-Egyptian.

-

But apparently you can't get it through your head that the Egyptians were Africans also and equally black, and that the features you call Egyptian can be found amongst other black African peoples like Ethiopians.

Oh and he is obviously no bonde or red-head. LOL [Big Grin]

Just give it up!

quote:
Finally, we get the " Black Philipino Cheerleader" to post a complete picture....good work for a novice.
LOL No, I'm not black and no one has to be black to accept truth. And one does not need to be a cheerleader do cheer on truth. Go truth! Down with the manure-sellers like yourself. [Cool]

quote:
BTW, eveyone knows that President Sadat's mother was Sudanese and he was very ashamed to tell people about her, as in his published biography..And your point goes into the circular filing cabinet. Looks like the Black Cheerleader missed his cue!!
Well what about this workman from Giza?

-

Or the countless other rural Egyptians and Fellahin who are black and downtrodden by lighter-skinned Afrangis like yourself who claim their ancient African culture??

Looks like you have a few screws loose. [Wink]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Watch. The Angry Afrangi will either stay silent again or let loose more insanity. Which one will it be? [Wink]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regardless how desperate our angry afangi friend is, the fact is still clear Egyptians are black Africans and their features are not uniqe whether it be short round noses or long straight noses, full lips or thin lips.

And their culture is equally African...

From North Africa to South Africa.

-

-

-

-

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Usual Djehuti comes with the Facts. Truthseekers Will have to continue to put out facts. Just think of Glider like training for when the real eurocentric scholars come around. People like Glider can keep us in tip top shape. This is what alot of the Anti Africans are like. So really I have to thank Glider for showing us his bias. Whether people want to admit it or not, we need people like Glider to show us what is the latest spin the Truth suppressors are using. Really deep down I think that Glider realizes that he was mistaken about Ancient Egypt. He is just trying to save face. All you can do is continue to spit truth. I understand that Some of the more veteran posters don't like to repeat themselves but this is a must. We cannot just turn a blind eye to these people. Lot's of people come passing through this forum and they learn from us.

The threads on E3b1 Berber Lineage and National Geographic are very important on setting the record straight on African Genes, and eurocentric bias. No matter what some may think The info in those two threads has refuted many lies. Really both those threads should be stickied at the top of the forum. As a truthseeker I am proud to be back on this forum.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glider
Member # 12976

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
As Usual Djehuti comes with the Facts. Truthseekers Will have to continue to put out facts. Just think of Glider like training for when the real eurocentric scholars come around. People like Glider can keep us in tip top shape. This is what alot of the Anti Africans are like. So really I have to thank Glider for showing us his bias. Whether people want to admit it or not, we need people like Glider to show us what is the latest spin the Truth suppressors are using. Really deep down I think that Glider realizes that he was mistaken about Ancient Egypt. He is just trying to save face. All you can do is continue to spit truth. I understand that Some of the more veteran posters don't like to repeat themselves but this is a must. We cannot just turn a blind eye to these people. Lot's of people come passing through this forum and they learn from us.

The threads on E3b1 Berber Lineage and National Geographic are very important on setting the record straight on African Genes, and eurocentric bias. No matter what some may think The info in those two threads has refuted many lies. Really both those threads should be stickied at the top of the forum. As a truthseeker I am proud to be back on this forum.

Peace

King, you may not be Black, but sure seem to be easily fooled by this Black Myth. Have you ever tried thinking for yourself and reading a little about these BLACK CARPETBAGGERS

A good place to start is the Skeptics Dictionary, which define the Myth Movement of Lies and more Lies.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afrocentrism
Afrocentrism is a mythology that is racist, reactionary, and essentially therapeutic. It suggests that nothing important has happened in black history since the time of the pharaohs and thus trivializes the history of black Americans. Afrocentrism places an emphasis on Egypt that is, to put it bluntly, absurd. --Clarence E. Walker*

Afrocentrism is a pseudohistorical political movement that erroneously claims that African-Americans should trace their roots back to ancient Egypt because it was dominated by a race of black Africans. Some of Afrocentrism's other claims are: the ancient Greeks stole their main cultural achievements from black Egyptians; Jesus, Socrates and Cleopatra, among others, were black; and Jews created the slave trade of black Africans.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Decades ago Doc Ben pinted out the touch up job done
to this mummy's nose. I understand that after the nose
was broken to extract the brain it was rebuilt. So, don't
know if the retouch was ancient or modern.
quote:
Seti's mummy is said to be the finest of all surviving
royal mummies, though it was not found in his tomb.
Rather, it was found in the Deir el-Bahari cache in 1881.

Dockets on the mummy show that it had been restored during
the reign of the High Priest of Amun, Heribor (1080-1074 BC)
and again in year 15 of Smendes (about 1054 BC).

-  -

For instance
quote:
The main steps for mummification:

Removing the brain, which was done by pushing an iron rod with a hook at the tip, via the nasal passage, and pulverising the brain which would then subsequently leak out of the nose.

When a body was mummified the internal organs were usually preserved in some way. This was not true of the brain which was often just discarded. This was usually done by inserting a hook up the nose and using it to slice up and remove the brain tissue, with the cavity then being washed out. The reason for this treatment of the brain was that the Ancient Egyptians believed that it was the heart which was where the 'soul' lived.

Many of the mummies which have been examined show damage to the skull in the region of the nose proving that this was the method used. The mummy of Rameses II had peppercorns inserted into the nasal cavity in an attempt to retain his distinctive hooked nose.

quote:
Brains
Until the 18th Dynasty, the brain was usually left inside the skull. (However, brains were sometimes removed as early as the Old Kingdom but this was not a commonplace occurrence.) During the 18th Dynasty, the brain began to be removed, most often through the nostril (occasionally through an eye socket or a hole drilled into the skull). After removal, the brain cavity was filled with sawdust, resin, and/or resin-soaked linen. By the end of the 2nd Century A.D., brain removal had mostly stopped.

Nostrils
The nostrils were often plugged, especially by the New Kingdom. Resin covered with onion skin was put in nostrils of Ramesses IV. Mummymakers plugged nostrils with wax during the 21st Dynasty. One mummy's nose was even plugged with peppercorns during the 21st Dynasty.

quote:
Ramses II’s nose was propped up with a bone to enhance his kingly profile and filled with peppercorns, to reawaken his sense of smell.
These facts though underplayed cannot be overlooked.
Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glider, As funny as this may sound, I Respect you as a egyptian. I don't know if you are a Afrangi or Ethnic Egyptian. Really I don't care. All I think is that Ancient Egypt is a part of your Heritage also because you are a part of Egypt now. *But* Facts are facts. The Ancient Egyptians are Africans. You have seen countless studies from Scholars that have proven the origin of Ancient Egyptians lies in African. So I really don't understand why You protest so much. Don't you understand that this is what the Eurocentrics want. Instead of supporting the truth, they want you to deny it and call it false. Meanwhile they can lie and steal history. Thats why I want you to become a truthseeker Glider. I think you have more to offer then this. It's just that your effort is misguided. Africans hating Africans is what racists want. No matter what you say they are your brothers. This fight for truth is bigger then Ancient Egypt. Egypt is just one of many historic things we have been lied to about. I ask you to take the time to research about Egypt. I Will show you what this fight is about
Read This Glider:

The nature of the body plan was also investigated by comparing the intermembral, brachial, and crural indices for these samples with values obtained from the literature. No significant differences were found in either index through time for either sex. The raw values in Table 6 suggest that Egyptians had the “super-Negroid” body plan described by Robins (1983). The values for the brachial and crural indices show that the distal segments of each limb are longer relative to the proximal segments than in many “African” populations (data from Aiello and Dean, 1990). This pattern is supported by Figure 7 a plot of population mean femoral and tibial lengths; (data from Ruff, 1994), which indicates that the Egyptians generally have tropical body plans . - Sonia Zakrzewski (2003)

Now Like you I was shocked when I read this. I used to think Ancient Egyptians were Middle Eastern. So for some study like this to come out linking them to Africans. It really made me see I was Lied to. Now ask yourself this if they(Eurocentrics) refuse to allow info like this to be mainstream news, you have to ask yourself why. What are they Afraid of. Truth like this should put to rest that Ancient Egypt was linked to Africa. But because we live in a racist bias world. Not even facts like this is enough to stop the stupid debate. Now after learning about this It made me want to dig deeper into Egypt and find what they are hiding. All I found was Truth upon Truth linking Egypt to Africa. I now see how pathetic and shameful Eurocentris have been in covering up the truth. Now you may ask why the coverup. Simple, it is about control. If people really learned the truth about what Africans have done, it would turn the world upside down. People don't want this. It scares them. So they make a huge effort in hiding this. Fact is that people who control us don't want us to unite. They are afraid of Human Unity. Thats why they have Africans like you against other Africans hating Each other. You call the carpetbaggers they call you Afrangi. And back and forth it goes racist slurs and ethnic hate. You have to ask yourself. What can we really accomplish if we united. If we hunted for truth as hard as we hunt to hate each other. This is what scares them. They don't want us working together, it would prove that we don't need them(racist establishments) and that that we can all get along like we should. They hate the idea of Africans working equally with other people. What can we really accomplish using unity. We are *one* race that comes in different skins. Glider we need to start show these people what Unity can accomplish. Don't hate your brothers(Africans) They are your people as much as they are my people. I believe Glider you could be a scholar on this forum. But you have the blinders on. You are being used to continue the status quo. So while youe hate your fellow Africans. They can Invade Iraq, Afganhistan. Steal their mineral wealth, and make themselves richer. You don't know this but we are in a War. A war for Truth. We are all soldiers fighting the good fight. Some have died for truth that is how serious it is. Unity is the key. They don't want this. IIt is time you wake up Glider and decide what side your on. The TruthSeekers or the Suppressors, Opressors. Understand this fight is more important then just Egypt. This is a fight for the truth of this world, and why we have been brainwashed to play up our skin. Black Power, White Power, Arab Power, Medicentric, Eurocentric, etc. Why are we so busy with claiming superiority over each other. It needs to stop. The only Power that matters is Human Power. Become a truthseeker Glider you could make a difference in this fight. Stay blessed Glider

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Glider is not Egyptian. Look at his language usage. He's a USA southerner.

-
As late as the 30th dynasty

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Is the art mostly a true representation? Well,
art's been used as an aid to identify mummies.
quote:
 -
Art imitating life? A limestone chip
found at Karnak with a relief sketch
of a gaunt Thutmose IV (above right)
bears a strong resemblance to the
profile of No. 61073, the “emaciated”
mummy labeled “Thutmose IV” (above left),
which in recent years has been proposed
as the possible remains of Amenthotep III,
even though he was obese in his later years.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

King, you may not be Black, but sure seem to be easily fooled by this Black Myth. Have you ever tried thinking for yourself and reading a little about these BLACK CARPETBAGGERS

A good place to start is the Skeptics Dictionary, which define the Myth Movement of Lies and more Lies.

Well skepticism or any notion about a factual premise must be supported by.. well, FACTS or evidence.

Is the notion of a black African Egypt false? Glider has seen all the evidence first hand himself.

quote:
Glider asked about Africa's "claim" to Egypt:

After almost eighteen years, has anything changed at all?

quote:
To which Sundiata replied:
Not really. Only that a bit of the insistence has become increasingly justified by contemporary data. [/qb]

quote:
Glider then asked:

What contemporary data are you talking about? Can you provide some actual details of these recent discoveries that support your claims?

quote:
So Sundiata answers and rattles out only a handful of the mountains of evidence:

It would have indeed helped out a ton if you were versed in the said field that you promote all over this forum, however, I will cite some brief literature:

Origins (archaeology):

Dynastic race of NonAfricans as founders of Egyptian civilization? Not really!

This invasion theory was very much a product of its time. Individuals such as Hitler encouraged this approach, but in fact diffusionist theories involving superior racial groups bringing civilization to indigenous peoples were popular among many of the colonial powers of western Europe. At the time, Africa was known as "the heart of darkness", and was thought to be incapable of producing an advanced culture without outside influence. In fact, it was the defeat of Nazism, and the granting of independence to many of the former European colonies in Africa, that would finally drive such theories from popularity. Though invasion theories would persist among a few Egyptologists for some time, and even see a resurrection in popular works as late as the 1990s, most scholars abandoned their search for the foreign origins of Egyptian civilization. Today, we look instead for indigenous development and the roots of dynastic Egyptian culture within the Nile Valley itself and the immediate territory surrounding this cradle of civilization.

The Origin of Egyptian Civilization

The period when sub-Saharan Africa was most influential in Egypt was a time when neither Egypt, as we understand it culturally, nor the Sahara, as we understand it geographically, existed. Populations and cultures now found south of the desert roamed far to the north. The culture of Upper Egypt, which became dynastic Egyptian civilization, could fairly be called a Sudanese transplant. Egypt rapidly found a method of disciplining the river, the land, and the people to transform the country into a titanic garden. Egypt rapidly developed detailed cultural forms that dwarfed its forebears in urbanity and elaboration. Thus, when new details arrived, they were rapidly adapted to the vast cultural superstructure already present. On the other hand, pharaonic culture was so bound to its place near the Nile that its huge, interlocked religious, administrative, and formal structures could not be readily transferred to relatively mobile cultures of the desert, savanna, and forest. The influence of the mature pharaonic civilizations of Egypt and Kush was almost confined to their sophisticated trade goods and some significant elements of technology. Nevertheless, the religious substratum of Egypt and Kush was so similar to that of many cultures in southern Sudan today that it remains possible that fundamental elements derived from the two high cultures to the north live on.
Egypt and Sub-Saharan Africa: Their Interaction , Encyclopedia of Precolonial Africa, by Joseph O. Vogel, AltaMira Press, Walnut Creek, California (1997), pp. 465-472

In his Genesis of the Pharaohs, Toby Wilkinson shines new light on the Predynastic by demonstrating that the majority of rock drawings in the Eastern Desert of Upper Egypt date to Naqada I (c. 4000–3500 BC). Since the petroglyphs depict wild African fauna, hunters with bows and dogs, and men herding cattle, it is clear that the now nearly lifeless region up to 100 km east of the Nile between Quft and Hierakonpolis was at this time a well-watered, well-populated, game-rich savanna. That the rock artists were not mere isolated pastoralists but also part-time Nile dwellers is evident because their works commonly include boats. This implies that the artists probably moved from river to range in seasonal cycles. Because of this, and the fact that so many of the drawings echo subjects in later Egyptian art, Wilkinson makes a compelling case that the rock artists were the ancestors of the dynastic Egyptians. His conclusion: “the heavy reliance of these people on herding and hunting rather than agriculture suggests that their roots — and indeed the roots of Egyptian civilization — lay not so much along the Nile but in the pre-arid Sahara.”
Genesis of the Pharaohs: Genesis of the ‘Ka’ and Crowns?

Quote:
The discoveries at Nabta Playa suggest the possibility of a previously unrecognized relationship between the Neolithic people living along the Nile and pastoralists in the adjacent Sahara which may have contributed to the rise of social complexity in ancient Egypt. This complexity, as expressed by different levels of authority within the society, forms the basis for the structure of both the Neolithic society at Nabta and the Old Kingdom of Egypt. It was this authority at Nabta which made possible the planned arrangement of their villages, the excavation of large, deep wells, and the construction of complex stone structures made of large, shaped and unshaped stones. There are other Nabta features which are shared by the two areas, but which appear suddenly and without evident local antecedents in the late Predynastic and early Old Kingdom in the Nile Valley. These include the role of cattle to express differences of wealth, power and authority, the emphasis on cattle in religious beliefs, and the use of astronomical knowledge and devices to predict solar events. Many of these features have a prior and long history of development at Nabta.

Late Neolithic megalithic structures at Nabta Playa

"This sub-Saharan culture is likely to be the predecessor of the Egyptians." - Source

Also see: Ancient Egyptian as an African Language, Egypt as an African Culture

Christopher Ehret
Professor of History, African Studies Chair
University of California at Los Angeles

Origins (Anthropology/Population Biology):

Determination of optimal rehydration, fixation and staining methods for histological and
immunohistochemical analysis of mummified soft tissues

A-M Mekota1, M Vermehren2

Biotechnic & Histochemistry 2005, 80(1): 7_/13

"Materials and methods
In 1997, the German Institute for Archaeology headed an excavation of the tombs of the nobles in Thebes-West, Upper Egypt. At this time, three types of tissues were sampled from different mummies: meniscus (fibrocartilage), skin, and placenta. Archaeological findings suggest that the mummies dated from the New Kingdom (approximately
1550_/1080 BC).....The basal epithelial cells were packed with melanin as expected for specimens of Negroid origin."

Abstract, Here. Full PDF inaccessible atm.

Side note: We know the word "Negroid" to be a misnomer in anthropology, however, the raw data and implications are the same. Same with this next citation:

The nature of the body plan was also investigated by comparing the intermembral, brachial, and crural indices for these samples with values obtained from the literature. No significant differences were found in either index through time for either sex. The raw values in Table 6 suggest that Egyptians had the “super-Negroid” body plan described by Robins (1983). The values for the brachial and crural indices show that the distal segments of each limb are longer relative to the proximal segments than in many “African” populations (data from Aiello and Dean, 1990). This pattern is supported by Figure 7 a plot of population mean femoral and tibial lengths; (data from Ruff, 1994), which indicates that the Egyptians generally have tropical body plans. Of the Egyptian samples, only the Badarian and Early Dynastic period populations have shorter tibiae than predicted from femoral length. Despite these differences, all samples lie relatively clustered together as compared to the other populations. - Sonia Zakrzewski (2003)

Male Badarian crania were analyzed using the generalized distance of Mahalanobis in a comparative analysis with other African and European series from the Howells’s database. The study was carried out to examine the affinities of the Badarians to evaluate, in preliminary fashion, a demic diffusion hypothesis that postulates that horticulture and the Afro-Asiatic language family were brought ultimately from southern Europe. (The assumption was made that the southern Europeans would be more similar to the central and northern Europeans than to any indigenous African populations.) The Badarians show a greater affinity to indigenous Africans while not being identical. This suggests that the Badarians were more affiliated with local and an indigenous African population than with Europeans. It is more likely that Near Eastern/southern European domesticated animals and plants were adopted by indigenous Nile Valley people without a major immigration of non-Africans. There was more of cultural transfer.- Early Nile Valley Farmers From El-Badari

"The Naqada [Upper Egypt] and Kerma ["Nubian"] series are so similar that they are barely distinguishable in the the territorial maps; they subsume the first dynasty series from Abydos" - Keita (1990)

"Previous concepts about the origin of the First Dynasty Egyptians as being somehow external to the Nile Valley or less “native” are not supported by archeology. In summary, the Abydos First Dynasty royal tomb contents reveal a notable craniometric heterogeneity. Southerners predominate. The suggestion of previous work, namely that crania with southern and coastal northern patterns might be present in these tombs, has been demonstrated and explained by historical and archaeological data.”" - Keita 1992

These are from:

Studies of Ancient Crania From Northern Africa, S.O.Y. Keita, American Journal of Physical Anthropology (1990)

Further Studies of Crania From Ancient Northern Africa: An Analysis of Crania From First Dynasty Egyptian Tombs, Using Multiple Discriminant Functions, S.O.Y. Keita, American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 87: 245-254 (1992)

Also see: The Geographical Origins and Population Relationships of Early Ancient Egyptians

Professor S.O.Y. Keita
Department of Biological Anthropology
Oxford University

Professor A. J. Boyce
University Reader in Human Population
Oxford University

^ All of the info above plus images of black Egyptian royals like Tut, Ramses, Thutmose etc etc.

And after all this still in denial. Why? Because racism is a mental disorder, Glider is in need of some serious psychiatric help. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com