EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » OT: Is the Counter-Racism Code Racist?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Is the Counter-Racism Code Racist?
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... I'm confused. I tried to discuss Neely Fuller's suggestions with a female (Ethiopian) friend today. I explained to her how a "minority" of the so-called "white" people on this planet are hell bent on practicing racism and using & abusing ANYONE who does not qualify by their defintion of "white" in any given sociopolitical context.

She then called me a racist. And said that I need to "get over it".

I then asked her this:

"from a logical standpoint, is racism as directed from some so-called white people towards non-white people on this planet REAL and is it a serious problem?"

She said, yeah it's real but I should not "worry" about it so much and that it "seems" I don't like white people and that I'm a racist - because I suggested it might be a good idea for "black" people to not inter-marry with "white" people who do not understand and denounce racism.

What do y'all think?

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I think this should go to blackplanet or some black social forum. Cuz we discuss Egypt here.
Posts: 26243 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One word. Assimilation.

Being assimilated means no longer identifying with the goals and progress of one's own people or culture versus explicitly identifying with and wishing to merge with ANOTHER people or culture, MAINLY because the other culture or people are viewed as superior or better off.

Assimilation is a forced indoctrination on people of the world, especially poor parts of the world, because in order to progress one must go to a white country. Therefore progress and advancement becomes associated with white culture. So, in order to advance, one must adopt an attitude of assimilation, meaning "get over it" and go with the flow.

Of course the whole purpose of creating an African centered or group centered conscious is to promote the progress and identity of ones OWN PEOPLE first AND to promote the idea of progress AMONG ONES OWN people and culture, so that you DON'T HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE TO GET AHEAD. The purpose of the continued destabilization of Africa is to promote the idea that the other side is better off and hence one's own side is not worthy. Hence, one has to drop a self identity with one's own group in order to get ahead in a world dominated by those NOT from one's own background.

Getting ahead should be the agenda for people REGARDLESS of whether they go to white countries or not. They should not feel that they HAVE to go somewhere else and should work towards making THEIR OWN countries and societies better off. White countries will continue to stay ahead of everyone else as long as everyone else allows themselves to continue to work hard for and allow their resources to be used for the ultimate betterment of white culture and civilization. By doing so you are not working hard for and allowing your resources to be used for your own betterment and advancement.

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ I think this should go to blackplanet or some black social forum. Cuz we discuss Egypt here.

um [Roll Eyes] , I posted the question because I KNOW the people who post on this forum will have answers that have some depth to it.

I'm not so sure about blackplanet.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are confused...you are dating a Spanish girl, what's wrong with African women...or Nigerian women for that matter...don't get me wrong, it's fine to date women from any color...but leave racist Europeans alone...otherwise we also have a lot of question to ask you here...who is more racist you or a European racist?
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^lol my girlfriend is Black/African [Big Grin] . Her mother is half-white and that's about it. I call her Latino cuz she looks like one (like a darker version of J-Lo) and she's from Guyana - so please don't call me a racist.

It seems all the racist people in this world just love to project their racism on others. And even if my girlfriend's Spanish, how the hell does that make me a racist???

...I do agree that I'm confused about racism however, which is why I posted this topic in the first place [Roll Eyes] .

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you see any white women in this pic?

-

I don't think so [Wink]

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you in the picture?
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^lol [Big Grin] dude (or dudette), are you just trying to ruin my day?

My girlfriend is one of them. You can guess who she is but I'm not telling. I'm just making my point that my girlfriend isn't white.

Not that there's anything wrong with having a white girlfriend (some of my friends do).

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
By the way I'm planning to go to London soon...do you know some nice pots: pub and night clubs?
Member # 11484

Rate Member
I don't really go out much in London but you can google London's West End, that's where all the nice spots are (very pricy though and be prepared to spend from £100 on the night). Depends on the sort of music you like and the atmosphere you're comfy with. There's clubs for every taste, there's a nice club young Nigerians frequent on the weekends called The Establishment probably somewhere near Farringdon, but you can google it for more details. I'm not really into partying much, I spend most of my leisure outings on the weekend Eurostar [Smile] or I take flight at Heathrow.
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug M,

You make an interesting sociological observation. Perhaps your insights on the fact that the world's major black intellectuals who argue against the economic, anthropological and historical subordination of blacks have a great tendency to legally(i.e. through marriage) bind themselves to Europeans or at least non-blacks. Is it an "aesthetic" thing in that such persons find Europeans more "aesthetically pleasing" than blacks? Or is it a question of "cultural compatibility"? Or is it that subconscious goal is to be absorbed into European culture and society?

Cases in point: major pro-Africa intellectuals like Diop and Fanon married Europeans. Nkrumah of Ghana married an Egyptian--for Pan African reasons, as he put it--of Syrian or Lebanese phenotype when there are millions of Egyptians who are obviously black. Nasser--his friend and fellow Pan Africanist did not reciprocate.

The same for prominent internationally known blacks like Kofi Annan, Clarence Thomas[his Supreme Court black predecessor Marshall also had a non-black white], and intellectuals such as David Lewis(biographer of Dubois and well-known historian), Henry Gates(prominent Harvard scholar who some years a go did a film travelogue on Africa), Nell Painter(prominent historian), and a number of others.

Prominent black athletes have done the same. The immortal Pele married some 3 times and all wives were of strict European extraction--despite the fcat that Brazil has a full array of different phenotypes.

European race nationalists--on their blogs-- also explain this phenomenon by making the claim that it is natural for members of the inferior African race to seek out and poach off the appealing aesthetics, economies, cultures, etc. of the superior European race given that the inferior race is incapable of producing such.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love interest is a matter of the heart not the mind.

What I mean is, Cupid is stupid; love and justice
are blind; [insert your own inane aphorism here].

Maybe the ones they married are the only
ones who could put up with their s h i t.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQgWYeoIbts&feature=related

Maybe they couldn't find marriageable sisters that
could get off in kinky big freak fashion on
the love mat and be all prissy in the public eye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDvvQq4leoo&feature=related

But really, I don't know and neither do you.

Don't be racially jealous of couples who aren't.
What they do ain't nobody's business but their's.

Bottomline: Don't worry about them, worry about you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBMzUgYbegQ&feature=related

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting observation, but in the past and present, marriages--as distinct from emotional or whatever kind of relationships-- are mainly about maintaining wealth, privilege, ethnic stability, status, etc.

The marriage customs of Ancient Egypt and other class-bound societies conformed strictly to this model. The same for feudal Europe, and today in Europe the assumed and respected rule--in almost all cases-- is that surviving feudal lineages marry each other.

In Asia and Latin America marriages are usually "arranged" with consent required from the families of prospective bride and groom. In Europe and North America such marriages are now allowed between persons of African lineages and Europeans but it is usually sought after by status-seeking African-phenotyped males.

In Africa, inter-ethnic marriages could be a problem for the families involved in places like Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Liberia. But families might feel flattered if the spouse chosen is European. North Africans would not seriously consider to such to other Africans. And only when Ethiopia and Somalia were cast into the "black Africa box"--the last 30 years--did the possiblity of marriage with other Africans arise.

Trivia Point
While no European head of state has ever sought to marry an African a noted number of African heads and prominent persons have sought legal liasons with Euro females. Examples: Leopold Senghor and Abdoulaye Wade(Senegal), Amilcar Cabral(Cape Verde), Agostino Neto and Jose Eduardo Dos Santos(Angola), Hosni Mubarak(Egypt), Seretse Khama(Botswana), Kwame Nkrumah(Ghana), Anwar Sadat(Egypt), and possibly et al.

Given the caste and class status imposed on persons of African lienages only those Africans/blacks who have worked hard to be assimilated into Euro society and have acquired the right assimilationist credentials put the icing on their longed for cake with marriages to Euros. Such individuals tend to be wealthy or famous and as a result their wealth and fame transfers to Euro kin and offspring who usually are acculturated into Euro society.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And for which of these reasons are you now saddled in your loveless marriage?

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
Interesting observation, but in the past and present, marriages--as distinct from emotional or whatever kind of relationships-- are mainly about maintaining wealth, privilege, ethnic stability, status, etc.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
AlT,

I am talking sociology not about myself, which is irrelevant to the dicusssion. And, of course, "love" as you mentioned is easily reducible to a set of chemical reactions that take place at the neuronic and synaptic levels in the brain.

I must say it again but in another way: marriage for most of the world is mainly business--i.e. money and resources. And both bring status.

It's only in the West that people like to imagine that it's about something else. Nut even so, there are Westerners who claim to love their dogs and their cars more than anything else. As I said it's just a conditioned brain reaction.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is nothing to be confused about.

It's true, that many need to get past all this 'racial' baggage - seriously, not only in matters of love, this stuff needs to dissolve as much as possible.

However, conflicting values and interests CAN be a problem.

Why the hell would you be racist for not wanting to marry one?

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Say it again Sam and I still won't buy it.
But art thee Vulcan or art thee human?

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
AlT,

I am talking sociology not about myself, which is irrelevant to the dicusssion. And, of course, "love" as you mentioned is easily reducible to a set of chemical reactions that take place at the neuronic and synaptic levels in the brain.

I must say it again but in another way: marriage for most of the world is mainly business--i.e. money and resources. And both bring status.

This is bullshit. My fiance is from a very poor background (know any rich people from Guyana's Bartica?). Life was not easy there, nor was it rosy when her family moved to the UK. She might not be 100% black (whatever that means) but she is the one who feels priviledged to be marrying an African guy. She is proud to take on my African name (which her father was deprived of) and I'm actually the one of a higher social standing (financial or whatever) in the country that I live in (UK) and I'm as black as night.

-

P.S.> Love is not just chemical reactions. That's like saying the universe is nothing but a bunch of colluding atoms. I don't know how to describe what it is but it's some serious business. When it hits you, you know what it is.

Ausarian
Member # 13266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ausarian   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Trivia Point
While no European head of state has ever sought to marry an African a noted number of African heads and prominent persons have sought legal liasons with Euro females. Examples: Leopold Senghor and Abdoulaye Wade(Senegal), Amilcar Cabral(Cape Verde), Agostino Neto and Jose Eduardo Dos Santos(Angola), Hosni Mubarak(Egypt), Seretse Khama(Botswana), Kwame Nkrumah(Ghana), ....

With regards to Nkrumah, when was that: before he married an Egyptian?
Posts: 233 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
MS,

Nkrumah's wife was most likely of Turkic[parts of Turkey are considered Europe], Greek or West Asian(Syrian Christian, etc.)background. As is well known a significant pecentage of the population of Modern Egypt are--Spaniards in Mexico--of immigrant background from the places mentioned above.

Being "Egyptian" is like being "South African" in this regard--all things being equal--says nothing about genetic lineage.

YH,
In terms of how the institution of marriage is conducted world-wide I was referring to how the ethnic groups with wealth, property, political power,status, ethno-centric sense of self, ethno-religious sense of self do it. And this goes for the vast majority of the world's populations. Is it right or wrong? Well, I am just commenting.

For those almost hermetically sealed groups--well, what the hoi-polloi do is not to be taken seriously.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
AL-T

"Say it again Sam"? No, I am not in Casa Blanca. Vulcan or human? Well, that's a thought! I will have to think about it.

Ausarian
Member # 13266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ausarian   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

MS,

Nkrumah's wife was most likely of Turkic[parts of Turkey are considered Europe], Greek or West Asian(Syrian Christian, etc.)background.

...and so, as per highlighted, are you making a supposition here based on superficial traits, or is this what publically available primary genealogical documentation of her background tells us?
Posts: 233 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Let me also add that I also notice a trend in which African royal women (which really aren't that many nowadays) marrying white usually European men of commoner status. Now how unfair is that? Since when do you hear European royal men dating black common women let alone African common women.

Thandie Newton is the only I could think of by name who is a product of such a union but I've seen almost a dozen other examples of such unions.

Posts: 26243 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
...and so, as per highlighted, are you making a supposition here based on superficial traits, or is this what publically available primary genealogical documentation of her background tells us?
No more of a supposition than one would make in immediately discerning that the wife of Senegalese president Abdoulaye Wade is of European extraction, just by looking at her photo.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ Let me also add that I also notice a trend in which African royal women (which really aren't that many nowadays) marrying white usually European men of commoner status. Now how unfair is that? Since when do you hear European royal men dating black common women let alone African common women.

Thandie Newton is the only I could think of by name who is a product of such a union but I've seen almost a dozen other examples of such unions.

lol [Big Grin] I didn't even know that "African Royal Women" still existed. Doesn't royal imply some sort of real authority? or does make-belief count as well?
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ In Africa being royal traditionally entitled both authority and belief, and there really wasn't any seperation between the two spheres of politics and religion until relatively recently with colonialism.

But unfortunately yeah, African royals still exist but are pretty much devoid of any real political power at least those affecting the state.

Ausarian
Member # 13266

Rate Member
quote:

quote:
No more of a supposition than one would make in immediately discerning that the wife of Senegalese president Abdoulaye Wade is of European extraction, just by looking at her photo.
So just by looking at Nkrumah's *Egyptian* wife, you can tell that she is of European ancestry, and no Egyptian ancestry whatsoever?
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
No, I did not say that. I said that she has the phenotype that is approximately modal in places like Christian Syria/Lebanon, Turkey, Greece, etc.--all of which countries sent in settler-migrants to post-Pharonic Egypt.

When it comes to genealogy it is difficult to make iron-clad claims concerning whatever phenotype. Recall the recent case of DNA ace James Watson. Another well-known case: the infamous Moise Tsombe of post-colonial Congo infamy had a Chinese grandfather; but he was indistinguishable from other Congolese.

So I have no proof that the late wife of Nkrumah had no indigenous Egyptian ancestry despite having a phenotype that was radically different from the AEs.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com