EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » OT: The Mastery of WORDS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: The Mastery of WORDS
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been known to me for quite a while that much is gained & lost in the use and control of words.

Can anyone suggest helpful reading (books, articles e.t.c) in this Art?

Thanks fam [Big Grin]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click languages of Southern and Eastern Africa
Study included in: Linguistics in Sub-Saharan Africa. Current trends in Linguistics.

Details
Author(s) Westpahl, E.O.J.

Editor(s) Sebeok, Thomas
Publication Date 01-01-1970 0:32
Publisher Mouton
Publication Location The Hague – Paris
Number of Pages 972 p.

Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he was talking LANGUAGE Habari.

He is talking about - self empowerment type books.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well in order to understand words you have to learn the most ancient languages and then move on to the impact of words in life...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^that's not what I mean.

I mean using the English language as a tool ... the way Rasol uses it, if you know what I mean [Wink]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:
^that's not what I mean.

I mean using the English language as a tool ... the way Rasol uses it, if you know what I mean [Wink]

Well, from the sounds of the book I just read, you'd be an ace at English too if you were a South African African who excelled in school in South Africa and had to learn both English, Africaans (Boer), and a Native language. I think the hatred of Boer may drive the talent for English maybe.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com