EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Osiris, Isis, Seth & Horus/The Lion King (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Osiris, Isis, Seth & Horus/The Lion King
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't these Liars just tell the true story? why do Westerners have to re-skin what already exists? Why don't they just create their own story!? Why keep stealing!!???

The Lion King (or more appropriately, a story about Horus)

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"re-skin"

(don't need to click the link to know what you're talking about)

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'd like the real inner African Lion King story, that
of Sundjata MariDjata "LionKing" Keita (clickable link)
founder of Mali's empire.

Protests a plenty over Tut but BAs let this one go
right past them without so much as a whimper. Go figure.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

I presume BA means Black Americans?

Yep, an English dude I worked with once said to me "You can't understand what you don't know", when he noticed my sometimes frustrated "search" for "Egypt" (I always had the AE & E forum home page open at work for all to see [Big Grin] ).

I posted this thread because my gf wanted to go and see Lion King as a way to show her interest in things of African culture (lol [Big Grin] ), and I told her it's bullshit. She said "Oh, but all the actors are Africans!" [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've posted my personal disgust at Disney a few
times in various forums because they present
everybody over the whole broad earth their
cultural heritage with real people or cartoon
people but when it comes to Africa they use
animals, aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

But yes, when I show pictures of my youngest
son and myself people invariably go "Musafa
& Simba." My son loved the movie, watches
the DVD and re-enacts the death of Mufasa
and other scenes.

Children need Disney's Lion King cartoon.
Lady friends deserve a night out on the
town, why not the Lion King play.

But those of us presuming ourselves students
of Africana and friends of freed minds need
to critique Disney's Lion King for what it
is and steer folk to MariDjata the real Lion
King of factual Mande Africa not fictional
Swahili Africa and yes even the old Egyptic
African archetype of the Ausar cycle.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Real talk. A "collateral damage" I have experienced in my psyche (since I awakened from my pentecostal-Christianity stupor a few years ago) is a knee-jerk reaction to call BS on blatant lies & propaganda. I think it's a balancing act in knowing how to deal with revelation of Knowledge. Sometimes I want to let people know when they're being bamboozled but then it often ruins the fun...

I've got to the point where I almost don't want to do all the regular social things Londoners do. And this is good sometimes if it means avoiding the "daily" pub culture, or the idea that Black people can only enjoy ourselves in dodgy jampacked night clubs (that I don't care to take my gf to) or the fact that pretty much everybody in London is a drug addict - even if it's just addiction to fast food. But then, I'm probably missing out on quality stuff going on in the midst of the general nonesense.

Running off to Europe (mostly France & Dam) can't be the solution to my grating boredom. I seem to throw the baby out with the bath water sometimes.

The more money I make and the more I learn about my environment, the more my apathy grows... [Frown]

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Children need Disney's Lion King cartoon.
Lady friends deserve a night out on the
town, why not the Lion King play.

But those of us presuming ourselves students
of Africana and friends of freed minds need
to critique Disney's Lion King for what it
is and steer folk to MariDjata the real Lion
King of factual Mande Africa not fictional
Swahili Africa and yes even the old Egyptic
African archetype of the Ausar cycle.

This is what I've been trying to figure out now.

+ I have little bros growin up in this world, and I loved the movie when it came out (I was a tyke).

Gotta get good at getting what's significant and when.

Oh yeah, and lol about the animals thing. One of my other fave movies as a tyke was Aladdin, yet since comin to this site, naturally, I remembered they made a movie about african characters - but they weren't people. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by H*O*R*I*Z*O*N^*^H*O*R*U*S:
^Real talk. A "collateral damage" I have experienced in my psyche (since I awakened from my pentecostal-Christianity stupor a few years ago) is a knee-jerk reaction to call BS on blatant lies & propaganda. I think it's a balancing act in knowing how to deal with revelation of Knowledge. Sometimes I want to let people know when they're been bamboozled but then it often ruins the fun...

I've got to the point where I almost don't want to do all the regular social things Londoners do. And this is good sometimes if it means avoiding the "daily" pub culture, or the idea that Black people can only enjoy ourselves in dodgy jampacked night clubs (that I don't care to take my gf to) or the fact that pretty much everybody in London is a drug addict - even if it's just addiction to fast food. But then, I'm probably missing out on quality stuff going on in the midst of the general nonesense.

Running off to Europe (mostly France & Dam) can't be the solution to my grating boredom. I seem to throw the baby out with the bath water sometimes.

The more money I make and the more I learn about my environment, the more my apathy grows... [Frown]

Don't know if anyone notices or not, but I don't usually spill my personalit/persona or personal life out onto the board. I generally just post to make ppl think, and other than that, post petty comments to petty posters, silly with silly, and serious with serious.

But Y Horus, the more comments you make, the more I know that we ARE VERY SIMILAR.

And not just similar in sense of humor, like what I've said about me and Masonic Reb (who I mis-took Tyro/UPman for as a newbie).

More in terms of overall personality, worldview, and lives.

All I can say to the above post, is I can relate, maybe more than U know.

quote:

nice

If I knew this before, I would've been abit more fiery about the Movie, but be careful what you wish for - they could introduce evil/feindish acting primitive looking poachers or hunters.

That's it! Less civilized (whatever civil is [Wink] ) than the lions!

(It's just comedy - haven't had the best day so far)

quote:

True.

Perhaps images of King Tut lookin as white as Jeffrey Dahmer, and redder necked to boot [Big Grin]

His whiteness. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Not sure it's any excuse, but

Add that with a general distrust of suspicious comments from whiteys. U know, suspicious, rooted in the days of slavery, when no escaped slaves were never heard of again, and task maker would tell us the *worst* had happened to him, after he were caught... despite his love for making an example out of slave escapees, and other 'rascals'.

It's a code that goes back to West Indies Islands where they tried to tame the untamable and made out bond/solidarity stronger.

It's a code they broke, backfired.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I appreciate your concern...

quote:
The metaphor of the butterfly, the flapping of whose wings begins a chain of events that eventually create a hurricane, is the perfect device for contemplating the wisdom of Heru.
...but don't worry about me brother. The Internet is my platform; the matrix to my neo [Wink]

It is the gem within the contrived Hip-Hop culture that makes us see the same.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
To infinity and beyond. Something really stinks, but I Sphinx like Leon or Lion in the desert.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Good post alTakruri, this is the first thing that came to my mind as opposed to Horus. [Smile]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
This is Hip-Hop
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

From the stuff you've been talkin:

Do you know how long I've been waitin to see you post a Lupe link, or song you like? Do you know?

(I never seen you post one before)

?

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lupe Fiasco - HipHop's Young Horus [Wink]
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe Budden - not on Lupe's level but I like his jams.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lupe Fiasco - Paris, Tokyo.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lupe Fiasco - HipHop's Young Horus [Wink]

^Most Definitely.

[Wink]

^Clickable.

Kick Push and Daydreaming being two of my favorites, by the way.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Eminem's finest moment
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about y'all but I loved Disney's The Lion King.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disney's Lion King is southern African. But, whether Zulu, Mande, or Nile Valley, it's all African stories based on tribal totems(Animal symbols).
Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We still don't see the big picture.
1. It is about dollars
2. Who youtr audience are

How many white Americans will want to see an African "movie"? I will say very few. But a good story with animals, yes, most will.

Hence - the dollars and the audience. That's why the bros and sistas with the dollars, like the Oprahs and the Jordans, got to step up.

We got to thank them, Leucoderms, for the few that they make and market.

quote:
but when it comes to Africa they use

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
The biigest picture which some may've missed
is the continuation of the safari myth,
nothing of interest in Africa except animals
who are superior and more interesting than
humans.

Let's go back to Tarzan. No Africa is lord of
the jungle. An orphaned Euro raised by apes is
lord of jungle. Had he been raised by Africans
he would have been nearly as inferior as they.

Sundiata is the Lion King. Do not forget it.
You have never heard of him nor do you know
the epic of old Mali but you do know Simba
a fictional lion.

Continue to excuse the blatant intentional
burial and distortion of your civilizations
while Disney presents South American, East
Asian, even Hawaiian heritage for the world
to see. The dialectic being pushed is simple
to see with even the slightes political
acumen.

Disney even put the word nigger in
the mouth of Dr. Doolittle. Have you heard
cracker, mick, deygo, chink, gook, kike, spic,
pineapple, camel-jock, or other pejoratives
out of the mouth of characters adored by pre-
teens?

Wake up.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
1. It is about dollars

How many white Americans will want to see an African "movie"? I will say very few. But a good story with animals, yes, most will.

Hence - the dollars and the audience. That's why the bros and sistas with the dollars, like the Oprahs and the Jordans, got to step up.

quote:

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am of the mind set of Chenweizu(sp?). Racism is a by-product of economic power.

To change and to "cure" racism our peoples need economic power. See Japan, and now India and China. These people are accepted as equals because they have challenged the West/US economic structure. They are getting better at capitalism than the Europeans.

See the few bros and sistas that have that economic and financial power. Oprah etc. They are loved by white people.

As a people as a whole we are despised because we are poor both economically and "historically". The perception is we contributed nothing to humanity.

How do we change that???????

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
I think economic power concentrated in the hands of Europeans is a by-product of Racism (an "on-going" PROGRAMME) and not vice versa.

To change it, we would have to seperate the white supremacists (as well as their non-white cohorts in Europe, Africa, Asia & Americas) from the rest of (bamboozled) humanity. When we know who these people are - we expose them and then work against them. Fyi, I think this is what Ron Paul is trying to do - but I may be wrong.

Racism is the "Means", Economic Power is the "End Goal".

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
No! No! No! bro. You got it all wrong.

Maybe you should start a thread on this.. . .if there isn't one already.

Do an evaluation. Why do you think whites are racist?

Ask them this - it is because as a group they think we are worthless. Maybe someone has a paper/study on this.

And I sorry to put the pressure on you bros from the continent but the economic/power respect has to come from the continent. Places like Nigeria, SA, Ghana. As soon as these countries start building airplanes, tanks, steam ships, computers, fighter jets, space stations, manufacturing vaccines, etc etc etc . The views of the world will change.

By then the historical contribution of Africans may be irrelevant.

So I reiterate - racism is a by-product economic and technological weakness.

quote:
I think economic power concentrated in the hands of Europeans is a by-product of Racism (an "on-going" PROGRAMME) and not vice versa.

To change it, we would have to seperate the white supremacists (as well as their non-white cohorts in Europe, Africa, Asia & Americas) from the rest of (bamboozled) humanity. When we know who these people are - we expose them and then work against them. Fyi, I think this is what Ron Paul is trying to do - but I may be wrong.

Racism is the "Means", Economic Power is the "End Goal".

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Black Africans (AE) was the economic and technological SUPER POWER in the world at one time. It lasted for close over THREE THOUUUUUUSAND years. That is a LOOOONG time.

And if you take the neolithic technology age then add another 5,000 or so.

It is hard for people to believe it because they judge us on what they see, NOW. Ancient Southern Europeans, Romans and Greeks didn't have a problem because they knew. They saw it first hand. The current Europeans DO NOT know.

--------------------

Member # 11484

Rate Member
I don't agree. I think Racism came first. However, raising the conciousness of the human collective is the only solution. Other things like "improving our nations" will follow naturally.

With my (very limited) understanding of Egyptian spirituality and Bhuddism, I've come to the conviction that following a rigid system of fighting racism such as the "counter racism code" may not actually be fruitful.

Lao-Tse said:

"The mind of of the man of established virtue may be compared to that of a newborn child. He does not seem to suspect that poisonous insects bite or sting, that the claws of wild beasts can rend and the talons of birds of prey can tear...."

Buddha likewise preached the abolition of hatred and discord.

Bottom line is, I don't think we should be seeking to make the world "like us" running around trying to be "as good as" others. That's a sucker move.

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The biigest picture which some may've missed
is the continuation of the safari myth,
nothing of interest in Africa except animals
who are superior and more interesting than
humans.

Let's go back to Tarzan. No Africa is lord of
the jungle. An orphaned Euro raised by apes is
lord of jungle. Had he been raised by Africans
he would have been nearly as inferior as they.

Sundiata is the Lion King. Do not forget it.
You have never heard of him nor do you know
the epic of old Mali but you do know Simba
a fictional lion.

Continue to excuse the blatant intentional
burial and distortion of your civilizations
while Disney presents South American, East
Asian, even Hawaiian heritage for the world
to see. The dialectic being pushed is simple
to see with even the slightes political
acumen.

Disney even put the word nigger in
the mouth of Dr. Doolittle. Have you heard
cracker, mick, deygo, chink, gook, kike, spic,
pineapple, camel-jock, or other pejoratives
out of the mouth of characters adored by pre-
teens?

Wake up.

quote:
1. It is about dollars

quote:

Well, Disney will have a black princess next year named Tiana. She will live in New Orleans, which is stupid. She will have a white prince named Naveen. You've heard of this, right?
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
@ ebony.

my point exactly. There is a need to whiten it or make it NOT too black. Hence the white prince. They got to get the crowds to see the show and 13% of the population would not cut it.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Bro, spirituality is all well and good but we have to role up our sleeves and start working. Someone has to take the bull by the horns and get things done.

Praying to Jesus won't cut it.

Personally I have no problem with copying/mimicking what the Europeans have done. They have made great strides since they have been in power, circa AD 1500. Why re-invent the wheel?

True, the piece they are missing is the connection/importance with Nature and that is because of thier youthfulness and new found power.

quote:
I don't agree. I think Racism came first. However, raising the conciousness of the human collective is the only solution. Other things like "improving our nations" will follow naturally.

With my (very limited) understanding of Egyptian spirituality and Bhuddism, I've come to the conviction that following a rigid system of fighting racism such as the "counter racism code" may not actually be fruitful.

Lao-Tse said:

"The mind of of the man of established virtue may be compared to that of a newborn child. He does not seem to suspect that poisonous insects bite or sting, that the claws of wild beasts can rend and the talons of birds of prey can tear...."

Buddha likewise preached the abolition of hatred and discord.

Bottom line is, I don't think we should be seeking to make the world "like us" running around trying to be "as good as" others. That's a sucker move.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^You could be right.

We definitely have to roll up our sleeves and I believe that's what some of us are doing here.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
You do have the main point here but do you know
what Nigeria produces or what Nigeria put in orbit?

But I'll tell you something, back in the mid 80's I
could not get IBM to sell a mainframe to Cameroun.

In the late 90's I couldn't take my laptop into Barbados.

You do understand, underdevelopment is enforced
from outside though embraced inside by corrupt
politicos to the disadvantage of the citizenry.

quote:

... as a group they think we are worthless.

... the economic/power respect has to come from the continent. Places like Nigeria, SA, Ghana. ... start building airplanes, tanks, steam ships, computers, fighter jets, space stations, manufacturing vaccines, etc etc etc .

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^The only solution is self-determination. If we don't get rid of Racism, that will be impossible because Racism conditions Black people to avoid self-determination.

Now, how to get rid of Racism is the BIG QUESTION no one has been able to answer yet.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Don't be fooled. Racism is not the concern unless
you believe others outside yourself hold the power
you need to actualize yourself.

It may be a bit antiquated but get a copy of

Haki R Madhubuti
From Plan to Planet: life studies;
the need for Afrikan minds and institutions

Detroit: Broadside Press, 1973
Chicago: Third World Press, 1992

Chancellor Williams
The Destruction of Black Civilization:
great issues of a race from 4500 B.C. to 2000 A.D.

Chicago: Third World Press, 1974 & 1987

And to see the same game was run down
on Africans both sides of the Atlantic

Useni Eugene Perkins
Home is a Dirty Street:
the social oppression of Black children

Chicago: Third World Press, 1975

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:

Chancellor Williams

First book I read that opened my world to the real Ancient Egypt. [Smile]

I'll soon check the others out. Thanks.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Why are all the books from Chicago? Chicago keeps popping up on my radar these days. Funny thing is, I was in the Chicago (for the first time ever) three weeks ago. I was there for 3 days. [Wink]
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
As I said.. .in my view racism is loathing of a group of people for two reasons. I don’t think it is “physical”. Infact it is CAN NOT be looking at the Connell University genetic study. That study only re-affirmed what most people sense but won’t come out and admit. IF Africa is the birth place of man - more than likely Africans will have an edge in nature.

The loathing is caused by of two things.
1. What they see.
2. What they “know”- (History).

Europeans SEE everyday in the news a backward continent. Impoverish people begging for hand-outs. Killing each other. Unable to feed their own. No Technology and no sophistication. How can THEY be equal to US. We see that even with SOME AA towards bros. from the continent. That is also prejudicial. And the media keep pumping out those images with their informercials.

But forget about what they see and let’s look at what they “know”. As far as they KNOW the continent has always been like that. There is no history of Africans ever getting out of the “twigs, weed and loin cloth” technology. African never really even entered the stone age. They have no ancient castles, no great forts, no stone walls etc etc etc. That is why it is hard for some to believe AE were black Africans. And the FEW Eurocentrics have their agenda to maintain that belief.

So present day peoples regardless of race have no other choice than to either feel sorry for the continent, people and decendants or look at them as a worthless burden ie RACISM.

THE SOLUTION – reverse or destroy the two assertions. And that is not going to happen in our lifetime. It will take at least two generations. The important thing is for the current leaders to lay the foundation for the coming ones. AND CORRECT THE HISTORY BOOKS. ie forums, movies, documentaries etc.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Great authors.
Have/had two of them since in my late teens. That has been some time now.

Haki - In Search of Enemies ?
Williams - DBC

But we got to take it to the next level. And work on the solution. Remember even Malcolm moved away from race hating after his second Hadj.

quote:

Haki R Madhubuti

Chancellor Williams

Useni Eugene Perkins
Home is a Dirty Street:

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Thanks for your input bro, I feel what you and alTakruri are saying and I really appreciate your insights.

Racism has bothered me ... since I read that book by Neely Fuller. Although I have never been able to hate people for their "colour" (it's just not in me - I've always found it too stupid/silly/pointless to engage in), it made me perhaps a bit too suspicious of "white people".

But:

quote:
Remember even Malcolm moved away from race hating after his second Hadj.
I see more clearly now [Wink]
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
The pertinent thing in the book is his plan.
Study it and implement as much of it as you
can in all the groups you work with everywhere.

quote:
quote:

Chancellor Williams

First book I read that opened my world to the real Ancient Egypt. [Smile]

I'll soon check the others out. Thanks.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^I see brother. I'll go and dig it out. I remember reading the "The Master Plan" at the end of the book and feeling overwhelmed by it. But I was much younger back then. Thanks.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
This is the problem of inattentive superficial
perusal. I'm not referencing the non-existant
Madhubuti book you invented "In Search of
Enemies" (actually a title written by an ex-CIA
agent deployed in Africa).

Nor are these dime novels that you pick up and
read and pronounce -- good book! These works
are detailed political analyses with solutions
to the problems the global black community faces

not simply hateful bruthas rapping about how bad whitey is.

If you'd actually studied them you'd know that.

You're the one talking about race hating racism.

There is no next stage to either Madhubuti or
Williams unless you've just superficially
skim reading them instead of breaking down
and implementing either of their detailed
plans.

To date their methodology hasn't been implemented
on more than a small group scale, mostly by
independent institutions geared to elementary
education. Higher education, industry, etc.,
are ignorant of their methodology or because of
rhetorical ideaologues presentation have rejected
even examining and analyzing either plan.

It amazes me how so many equate love of self
with hatred of others when it comes to black
people exercising control over their own affairs.

quote:
Great authors.

Williams - DBC

But we got to take it to the next level. And work on the solution. Remember even Malcolm moved away from race hating after his second Hadj.

quote:

Haki R Madhubuti

Chancellor Williams

Useni Eugene Perkins
Home is a Dirty Street:

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
My bad. Yeah I was speaking about "Haki - in search of enemies". As I said, I read it awhile back.

But the important thing is identifying the problem. Which to me - as a teen - Chenweizu and Fanon did on the economic and psychological level.

And it holds true today.

quote:

plans.

quote:
Great authors.

Williams - DBC

quote:

Haki R Madhubuti

Chancellor Williams

Useni Eugene Perkins
Home is a Dirty Street:

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I know its hard when you've got xyy instead of xy
so let me splain it agin. There is no such book by
Madhubuti entitled In Search of Enemies. That
book was written by an ex-CIA operative named
Stockwell if I recall correctly.

One more time, the Madhubuti book I'm talking about
is From Plan to Planet: life studies; the need for
Afrikan minds and institutions

It is not a novel. One does not simply read it.
One studies it and puts it principles into action
in one's life and environment.

I hope you understand now and will stop commenting
on a work yuo know nothing about and thereby mislead
others who know even less.

Madhubuti does more than identify problems.
Who can't do that? Madhubuti offers solutions.

Go and read and study and implement.

quote:
My bad. Yeah I was speaking about "Haki - in search of enemies". As I said, I read it awhile back.

But the important thing is identifying the problem. Which to me - as a teen - Chenweizu and Fanon did on the economic and psychological level.

And it holds true today.

quote:

plans.

quote:
Great authors.

Williams - DBC

quote:

Haki R Madhubuti

Chancellor Williams

Useni Eugene Perkins
Home is a Dirty Street:

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
No need for the drama . . . .queen [Big Grin] . [Big Grin]

But seriously, it’s been awhile, I have to go look for that book and check the author. And I wasn’t misleading anyone, you mis-understood what I was saying.
Certain books/authors stands out – The Haki M. I was speaking about wrote - Enemies. I assumed it was the same Haki YOU were speaking about. I was wrong. I never said I read or assimilated the book YOUR Haki wrote. . . . jeeeze!!! [Roll Eyes]

I BELIEVE my guy did change his name to Haki. I will try to find scan and put up.

BTW – what is the PROBLEM/CAUSE. . .in your view? And what is the solution per your Haki?

To be straight-up I don’t have time to read as much. I use the cheat sheets, videos, short papers etc. Hey! there is so much going on today. Information overload.

edited 5 mins ago.

Here is what I was talking about. Did have to search. Amazon it!!!
 -

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
You want to get cute eh? OK cut to the chase F U C K YOU!

This is no joke, this is about serious redemption
of a people relegated to the dungheap of humanity.
Take your snide attitude back to the playground
with your peers.

For those who are intent on core resolutions
here's an example of Madhubuti's acute analysis
code:
”…a blue, plastic airplane with blue wheels, a blue propeller, 
and a blue string on the front of the plane so that I could take
it home and roll it on the linoleum floor. Then the following
week she took me and my sister to Dearborn, Michigan where she
occasionally did domestic work. This was back when our mothers
cleaned up white folks' homes. Dearborn was where the men who ran
the automobile industry lived. I quickly noticed that they lived
differently. There were no five and dime stores in Dearborn at
that time. There were craft shops. There were hobby stores where
white mothers and fathers brought their children airplanes in boxes.
In the boxes were wooden parts and directions for assembling and
gluing small airplanes. After the plane was put together, the little
boy did not roll it on the floor. He took it outside and it flew. I
was learning to be a consumer who depended upon others to build the
plane for me. Translating that into the larger world, I was being
taught to use things and to use my body from the neck down, while
the white upper class boy was being taught very early to prepare
himself to build things, to run things, and to use his body from
the neck up. My world depended upon others…His world consisted of
controlling, running, making things and having other people work
for him.

In this slice of life you see two different kinds of consciousness
being developed. In my case and that of the other poor youth, we
would buy the planes already assembled, take it home, and hope it
rolled on the floor like a car or truck. But it was a plane! In
Dearborn the family would invest in a learning toy that the child
would put together, and through this process learn work ethics,
science, and math principle. As a result of that, the plane would
fly.

(“As Serious As First Love,” Black Genius, p. 64)

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^ ...and so it goes on my Amazon wishlist. I cannot possibly express my gratefulness enough.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
If you would practice what Madhubuti teaches you
would get his works either directly from his 3rd
World Press http://www.thirdworldpressinc.com/
or from an independent African owned book seller
however inconvenient that might be to accomplish.
He'd call it co-operative economics (and it's as easy as
http://www.thirdworldpressinc.com/browse.php?id=24.

Enemies: the clash of races, does not have what
Plan to Planet has, an operative community
building plan, and is no substitute.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Boy you are really getting your knickers all twisted about nothing.

But moving on. . . touching piece of writing but let us analyze what the piece said and its applicability!!

quote:
You want to get cute eh? OK cut to the chase F U C K YOU!

This is no joke, this is about serious redemption
of a people relegated to the dungheap of humanity.
Take your snide attitude back to the playground
with your peers.
)[/CODE]

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
If you would practice what Madhubuti teaches you
would get his works either directly from his 3rd
World Press http://www.thirdworldpressinc.com/
or from an independent African owned book seller
however inconvenient that might be to accomplish.
He'd call it co-operative economics (and it's as easy as
http://www.thirdworldpressinc.com/browse.php?id=24.

Enemies: the clash of races, does not have what
Plan to Planet has, an operative community
building plan, and is no substitute.

No doubt. Part of the problem is, I (and many others) are trained to use these "mainstream" outlets for pretty much everything as part of our education ... from a very young age.

Young Horus has a lot to learn is my eureka today. So much for a masters degree from Oxford University. Come to think of it, me receiveing a "Master's degree" is starting to sound pejorative lol [Big Grin]

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree (for the most, as far as I can tell) with alTakruri on the racism/economic struggle tip, except for I haven't read Chancellor Williams - I almost got his book at Barnes & Nobles a couple months back, when picking a book to read.

Get specific later

quote:
Eminem's finest moment

^ One of my first favorite rappers.

But here's me (the rest of this post):

Actually bro, fairly recently, I've come to appreciate more of music's many facets.

then

Around the time I got sattelite radio, I've actually found a few that stand out:

Most Americans don't listen to this, but I no care:

All You Gotta Do:

^As you can see, some are mere chill tracks while others may be different:

Slow Down

Originality

Steve Bam Jackson

Time [With Ursula Rucker] - "4 score and several centruies,
misery not even a word
blurred by the beam of eden,
but certain sceeming made them heathen,
serpant sceeming made us heathen,
fa-{#$%}-ers, renegades, resisters of the truth-twisters,
I want those demons
screaming,
underfoot of harkened angels and [somethin] fought,
[somethin] painful,
I've learned Darwin's Theory well,
just an ism?
no not while my inner schism has me in it's grasp,
threatening to suck me like cleopatra's asp
Now I'm the one with loaded guns,
murdering other mothers' sons,
making devils swell with pride as I ride Hades' river-boat,
choke on the blood of my victom,
Sin, my one desire
stoke the fires of hell
I'm in the belly of the beast,
Peace,
An anomaly
Covenant's Arc and Indiana Jones myth to me..."

By 4hero.

[somethin] or [(^%^%$&%&D$%] = I don't know what exactly she says.

Amon Tobin - At the end of the Day

D'Nell - Standing in a Crowd

Jill Scott - Gotta Get Up
[/quote]

I usually save these to playlists or get these on the internet, because they don't play on radio / are harder to find.

Many have a more 'black american' (seen some used as background for 'black' commercials) tone, others a pure funk tone, a hip-hop tone, reggae tone, and still others are just ... out there.

There are many others - including the song Lupe used for background in his "DayDream".

I've even (I think) seen you mention 'Massive Attack'.

Don't know why, but couldn't find more 'up-beat' ones at the mo.

Any way, as far as rappers go, I

* don't put everyone (mainstream) into two groups (good-guys vs. bad guys - it's too simplistic).

* tend to reside out of the mainstream (infact, wasn't paying too much attention to Lupe because of that, and was elated when you showed me a song of his I'd never heard; he's one of my favorites now - I just favorited a shizload of his songs to my Youtube account)

Hieroglyphics - Powers that Be

Blackalicious - Alphabetic Aerobics

Deltron 3030 aka Del Tha Funkee Homosapien aka Del The Funky Homosapien

* Memory Loss

*Mistadobalina

* Proto-Culture

* Virus

* Memory Loss

* Mastermind

Substantial/Nujabes

Immortal Techniquel

Dance with the Devil - Ill

Bush

Whoa, listen to the second song After Dance

There's more I'm forgetting, but I don't feel like posting them any way, so that's basically it with rap and me.

Another music I've come to like is Classic rock. However, it's easy to find a rock station so I rarely remember/note the names of songs.

My favorite is the funky stuff tho.

Peace.

Oh MY GAWD, I almost forgot to mention Nas!!!!! One of my favorites!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com