EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Osiris, Isis, Seth & Horus/The Lion King (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Osiris, Isis, Seth & Horus/The Lion King
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
As I said.. .in my view racism is loathing of a group of people for two reasons. I don’t think it is “physical”. Infact it is CAN NOT be looking at the Connell University genetic study. That study only re-affirmed what most people sense but won’t come out and admit. IF Africa is the birth place of man - more than likely Africans will have an edge in nature.

The loathing is caused by of two things.
1. What they see.
2. What they “know”- (History).

Europeans SEE everyday in the news a backward continent. Impoverish people begging for hand-outs. Killing each other. Unable to feed their own. No Technology and no sophistication. How can THEY be equal to US. We see that even with SOME AA towards bros. from the continent. That is also prejudicial. And the media keep pumping out those images with their informercials.

But forget about what they see and let’s look at what they “know”. As far as they KNOW the continent has always been like that. There is no history of Africans ever getting out of the “twigs, weed and loin cloth” technology. African never really even entered the stone age. They have no ancient castles, no great forts, no stone walls etc etc etc. That is why it is hard for some to believe AE were black Africans. And the FEW Eurocentrics have their agenda to maintain that belief.

So present day peoples regardless of race have no other choice than to either feel sorry for the continent, people and decendants or look at them as a worthless burden ie RACISM.

THE SOLUTION – reverse or destroy the two assertions. And that is not going to happen in our lifetime. It will take at least two generations. The important thing is for the current leaders to lay the foundation for the coming ones. AND CORRECT THE HISTORY BOOKS. ie forums, movies, documentaries etc.

What people know about blacks is the result of what they have been told. And what they have been told is lies by those who profit from white supremacy. Racism is a tool of corporate industrialists who use it to build a fake sense of pride for white "culture" which is designed to support and further the cause of white racist capitalist industrial domination of the world.
Posts: 8895 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alive (What Box), you listen to really good music. Lots of quality material in there.

Where do I start???

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Originality" - Thievery Corporation. Imeem lets you listen to the whole song without buying it.

I already know those chill-out Hip Hop jams will end up in my favourites (iPod).

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhatBox, that Stevie Bam Jackson - The Landau Orchestra is some dope ish. The trumpets/sax (I really don't know the difference) is crazy! reminds me of the sample in Jay-Z's Roc Boyz [Cool]
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its about knowing one's self. In the current system of things, you can't go wrong by beginning with Elder Chancellor Williams! I left home (Salone/Sierra Leone)almost 28 years ago and landed in New York City. Had a Bachelors degree in Politics and Philosophy tucked under my belt and at the time perceived myself as educated. Well, it was a hot summer and I was a stranger in town; so with time on my hands I browsed thru my Aunt's bookshelf. My eyes caught sight of a book titled THE DESTRUCTION OF BLACK CIVILZATION by Chancellor Williams. I reached out for it; and as I type, literally and metaphorically speaking, that edition and its subsequent has always been a companion in my quest as a truthseeker in order to know myself.
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the Lion King was a rip-off of the Horus story of ancient Egypt. Heck, I don't even think the creators were aware of the parallels. I wasn't until I read this thread! But I believe Takruri is right and that the actual premise of the story is based on the legend of Sundiata.

What I am pissed about a new movie Disney is producing which features what they call their first fair-tale starring a "black princess". The movie is called 'The Frog Princess', which is a twist on the classic 'Frog Prince'. However, the story has nothing to do with a princess or even royalty but takes place in 1920s Louisiana, and the main character is a maid!! Yes, with all the actual countless African folktales and myths involving actual princesses, Disney came up with this crap! And the only Disney story about Africans doesn't involve any humans but animals.

So yeah, this pretty much proves Disney is racist!

You can read about this here.

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
I agree (for the most, as far as I can tell) with alTakruri on the racism/economic struggle tip, except for I haven't read Chancellor Williams - I almost got his book at Barnes & Nobles a couple months back, when picking a book to read.

Get specific later

quote:
Originally posted by H*O*R*I*Z*O*N^*^H*O*R*U*S:
Eminem's finest moment

^ One of my first favorite rappers.

But here's me (the rest of this post):

Actually bro, fairly recently, I've come to appreciate more of music's many facets.

then

Around the time I got sattelite radio, I've actually found a few that stand out:

Most Americans don't listen to this, but I no care:

All You Gotta Do:

^As you can see, some are mere chill tracks while others may be different:

Slow Down

Originality

Steve Bam Jackson

Time [With Ursula Rucker] - "4 score and several centruies,
misery not even a word
blurred by the beam of eden,
but certain sceeming made them heathen,
serpant sceeming made us heathen,
fa-{#$%}-ers, renegades, resisters of the truth-twisters,
I want those demons
screaming,
underfoot of harkened angels and [somethin] fought,
[somethin] painful,
I've learned Darwin's Theory well,
just an ism?
no not while my inner schism has me in it's grasp,
threatening to suck me like cleopatra's asp
Now I'm the one with loaded guns,
murdering other mothers' sons,
making devils swell with pride as I ride Hades' river-boat,
choke on the blood of my victom,
Sin, my one desire
stoke the fires of hell
I'm in the belly of the beast,
Peace,
An anomaly
Covenant's Arc and Indiana Jones myth to me..."

By 4hero.

[somethin] or [(^%^%$&%&D$%] = I don't know what exactly she says.

Amon Tobin - At the end of the Day

D'Nell - Standing in a Crowd

Jill Scott - Gotta Get Up
I usually save these to playlists or get these on the internet, because they don't play on radio / are harder to find.

Many have a more 'black american' (seen some used as background for 'black' commercials) tone, others a pure funk tone, a hip-hop tone, reggae tone, and still others are just ... out there.

There are many others - including the song Lupe used for background in his "DayDream".

I've even (I think) seen you mention 'Massive Attack'.

Don't know why, but couldn't find more 'up-beat' ones at the mo.

Any way, as far as rappers go, I

* don't put everyone (mainstream) into two groups (good-guys vs. bad guys - it's too simplistic).

* tend to reside out of the mainstream (infact, wasn't paying too much attention to Lupe because of that, and was elated when you showed me a song of his I'd never heard; he's one of my favorites now - I just favorited a shizload of his songs to my Youtube account)

Hieroglyphics - Powers that Be

Blackalicious - Alphabetic Aerobics

Deltron 3030 aka Del Tha Funkee Homosapien aka Del The Funky Homosapien

* Memory Loss

*Mistadobalina

* Proto-Culture

* Virus

* Memory Loss

* Mastermind

Substantial/Nujabes

Immortal Techniquel

Dance with the Devil - Ill

Bush

Whoa, listen to the second song After Dance

There's more I'm forgetting, but I don't feel like posting them any way, so that's basically it with rap and me.

Another music I've come to like is Classic rock. However, it's easy to find a rock station so I rarely remember/note the names of songs.

My favorite is the funky stuff tho.

Peace.

Oh MY GAWD, I almost forgot to mention Nas!!!!! One of my favorites!

...you forgot to mention Chi-Town's finest:

Big Brother

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Man I keep thinkin bout it that I didn't mention alot of stuff!

Particulary as far as rap is concerned

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's something special about that windy city ...
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
What I am pissed about a new movie Disney is producing which features what they call their first fair-tale starring a "black princess". The movie is called 'The Frog Princess', which is a twist on the classic 'Frog Prince'. However, the story has nothing to do with a princess or even royalty but takes place in 1920s Louisiana, and the main character is a maid!! Yes, with all the actual countless African folktales and myths involving actual princesses, Disney came up with this crap! And the only Disney story about Africans doesn't involve any humans but animals.

So yeah, this pretty much proves Disney is racist!

You can read about this here.

-

Protests Come Early to Disney's 'Princess'

Almost two years before its hoped-for release of its first hand-drawn animated film produced under the supervision of Pixar's John Lasseter, Disney has already drawn fire for alleged racial and ethnic insensitivities that were detected in its original announcement of the film, according to Disney watcher Jim Hill. Since the original title, The Frog Princess, might be regarded as a slur on the French, the title has been changed to The Princess and the Frog. The main character, named Maddy -- who was to become Disney's first black princess -- has had her name changed to Tiana, since Maddy reportedly sounded too much like Mammy.

She will no longer be seen as a chambermaid working for a rich, white spoiled Southern débutante. In a statement, Disney, which said that it ordinarily does not comment on its animated films in the early stages of production, observed: "The story takes place in the charming elegance and grandeur of New Orleans' fabled French Quarter during the Jazz Age. ... Princess Tiana will be a heroine in the great tradition of Disney's rich animated fairy tale legacy, and all other characters and aspects of the story will be treated with the greatest respect and sensitivity." ( Source)

Release date: December 2009

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Boy you are really getting your knickers all twisted about nothing.

Seems to me like there is a butt plug stuck up his ass that he's unable to remove...
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by H*O*R*I*Z*O*N^*^H*O*R*U*S:
Alive (What Box), you listen to really good music. Lots of quality material in there.

Where do I start???

^Thanks!

I knew someone would check a couple of them out.

I didn't even mention I always loved the old-school, the stuff I grew up around in the early nineties too, and some of the millenium music's OK, but it's gotten too redundant (dumbed down regurgitated - but not so much I can help turning the volume up sometimes). I still listen to radio stuff, and like some of the songs.

Could you believe 2-3 years ago, I wasn't all that into music, or history?

But it's my mother up and listening to Jazz, us groing up on old school even before everyone like old school, and finally the weirdest us tuning into this cereabral/dance channel called XM Chill 84 (sometimes has some really jazzy/classical stuff, and other times funky beats when it's not sucking) etc that made me broaden my horizons. Before that, unless it was an song that STILL sounded good when it was old, that I had forgotten, I wasn't even interested in music, just as before the title "A Glorious Age in Africa" caught my 9th/10th grade eyes, I wasn't to interested in Africana or history really at all ... it was more football-girls-video games-science-girls-PCs lol. Actually to be truthful I hated history up to 6th grade because of its redundancy until I later realized how watered down what we learned was and became interested again.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com