EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » abydos "helicopter"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: abydos "helicopter"
krishna
Member # 12633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krishna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was recently on another forum and they seem adament on the aspect that the AE had helicopters, i told them what i knew, "one cartouche over another" but they don't buy it. they said some other garbage to prove their point and i'm just a neophyte when it comes to things like this, would you please put your 2 cents in and tell them the truth? thank you!!
http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/spiritual-discussions/445830-age-planet-earth-2.html

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that people don't consider: Think of all the technology they had. Let assume for a moment that they DID have a helicopter.... How many times did that technology stop them from getting their assses kicked? We really dont know how they built a lot of things in Ancient Egypt, but i have came to the conclusion that the technology they DID have COULD not, or WAS not used for fighting. Also so far their has been no 4000 year old helicopters dug out of the sand.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Indeed. I have the same views.

I think Western civilisation is the antithesis to the Ancient Egyptian civilisation. What the ancients lacked in physical technology, they had in spiritual technology (for lack of a better word) and vice versa.

If I'm not mistaken, I think what we Humans must now do is unite "The Two Lands". [Smile]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget the helicopter technology.
What about the other technologies
need to build one and fuel it?
AE helicopter, patently ridiculous.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I think Western civilisation is the antithesis to the Ancient Egyptian civilisation." - Horus on the Horizon

cosign

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Actually this very topic was discussed numerous occasions. Unfortunately since we don't have a search engine, I'll just say that all those tomb images are misconstrued and in no way represent 20th century technology! Duh.
Posts: 26249 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helicopters? Not exactly but the steam engine and other devices like them were developed in Egypt.

The aeolipile (known as Hero's engine) was a rocket-like reaction engine and the first recorded steam engine. It was created almost two millennia before the industrial revolution. Another engine used air from a closed chamber heated by an altar fire to displace water from a sealed vessel; the water was collected and its weight, pulling on a rope, opened temple doors.[9] Some historians have conflated the two inventions to assert that the aeolipile was capable of useful work.

Hero's wind-powered organ (reconstruction)The first vending machine was also one of his constructions, when a coin was introduced via a slot on the top of the machine, a set amount of Holy Water was dispensed. This was included in his list of inventions in his book, "Mechanics and Optics". When the coin was deposited, it fell upon a pan attached to a lever. The lever opened up a valve which let some water flow out. The pan continued to tilt with the weight of the coin until it fell off, at which point a counter-weight would snap the lever back up and turn off the valve.
A windwheel operating an organ, marking probably the first instance of wind powering a machine in history.[3] [4]
Hero also invented many mechanisms for the Greek theater, including an entirely mechanical play almost ten minutes in length, powered by a binary-like system of ropes, knots, and simple machines operated by a rotating cylindrical cogwheel. The sound of thunder was produced by the mechanically-timed dropping of metal balls onto a hidden drum.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com