EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Ancient Egypt & Egyptology "Group" on Facebook

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ancient Egypt & Egyptology "Group" on Facebook
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure some of you here like me, are Facebook ADDICTS [Wink]

I was thinking we should set up a Group on Facebook to PROPAGATE the sort of information that the "top gunners" on this Forum put out. I am sure I have friends who would be interested in learning the many useful things I've learnt here but find Forums "too boring" to bother to visit here frequently. There are some dodgy "Egypt" related groups on Facebook and there needs to be a counter-balance.This is an opportunity to capture a younger audience.

What do y'all think? Of course, I'm sure most people would like to remain anonymous so I would create the group and post a link to it here. No one has to know who you are on Facebook.

Let me know what you think, Peace!

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great idea!
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Thanks for the vote.

I would suggest people not join the group with their current personal Facebook account (to preserve your anonymity). It would be better to create a new Facebook account to match perhaps, your username here and join with this new account.

I'll set it up when I get home and post a link to it here.

Peace.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey people of AE & E ... as promised!
The one and only - Ancient Egypt & Egyptology group on Facebook [Cool]

For those who don't have a Facebook account. It only takes a couple of minutes to register.

Enjoy!

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm, actually it may be a better idea, as far as exposure to use your current facebook ID so that your friends can see and join. It has less benefits if all of us just moved over the face book and talk about the same thing with no new members.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^True.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
UP

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com