EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Why don't the Wodaabe believe that they are black?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why don't the Wodaabe believe that they are black?
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These people seem to be very confused. The Wodaabe have narrow to broad noses, thin to full lips, medium brown to very dark brown skin, and kinky hair. Yet I read that they hate other black Africans. And don't believe that they are black themselves. I really don't get it. They like light skinned people with narrow noses and thin lips only. How can this be when many of them don't have these features? Aren't they black?
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a life.
Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ebony Allen:

^ Are you black or coloured. I mean, is your nose narrow or broad? Can you breathe properly with a narrow nose or does a broad nose function better? Does the thickness or thinness of your lips impede speech? Do you sunbathe or tan because of your skin tone; and if you do, are you prone to skin cancer? Do you use chemicals on your hair to artificially straighten it or is it healthy (so called kinky)?

Well, the so called 'Wodaabe' are a tribe of the Futa/Fula/Fulani nation that are native to and resident in every land in West and north-west Africa. I was raised with them as neighbours, friends and familiy.

Why they would have contempt for or deny their African heritage is beyond me? I mean, the last time I checked in my homeland, the leader of the local Pan-Africanist movement was a Fula with a 'narrow nose', 'thin lips', 'medium brown skin' and 'fine hair'!

Respect and Peace.

Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
Get a life.

If you don't have anything to say then say nothing at all.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
I read a few chapters online from a book titled Nomads Who Cultivate Beauty: Wodaabe Dances and Visual Arts in Niger.
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries. Based on what you read and the source, your concerns were valid.

But there is always more to a people than the opinions and thoughts of an anthropologist; himself/herself - a human being.

Peace and Out.

Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
RIP EgyptSearch.

Abandoned by intelligent posters.

Abandoned by its moderators.

It is now just another wasteland of ignorance.

^ Indeed.
Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Okay, and just what is so ignorant about this thread?
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ebony Allen wrote:

quote:
Okay, and just what is so ignorant about this thread?
These people don't call themselves "black", these people don't call themselves "black".

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

You're just another beatdown AA with a victim mentality along with a generous helping of inferiority complex.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Ebony Allen wrote:

quote:
I read a few chapters online from a book titled Nomads Who Cultivate Beauty: Wodaabe Dances and Visual Arts in Niger.

Translation: "The white boss beez donz told mez that some of thems Afecunz is caucasionsionsionz and don't like thems n------ whos ain't caucasionsionsionz."

"And I beweives himz cuz hez sayzz sos."

Notice that there seems to be a pattern of certain ethnic groups who just can't seem to grasp powder's parlor tricks and psychological depravity.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You are a character but you do have a point. But Ebony should know better being how long she is on the forum.

You know the drill. . . . the "true negro".

Don't take it the wrong way sis. But when you hang with this crowd you are not going to be pampered.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ebony, my queen
Please do not confuse the USAmerican use of the word black with anything exterior to USA!
It does not fit, so quit! please!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
These people seem to be very confused.

Actually the honest mistake you are making is in the 1st sentence.

You just made a blanket statement and sweeping generalisation about and entire ethnic group.

Isn't that pretty prepostrous when you stop to think about it?

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HistoryFacelift
Member # 14696

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HistoryFacelift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because Africans identify by tribe, and are not greatly influenced by European terms like black/white divisions.
I say this because of a girl I met from Ethiopia who claimed she got very annoyed when people say she is black- because this is a term "pig skins" created and she does not see why she should label herself these terms.

I always say myself, people who accept this western labeling use these terms(black/white), but others who don't deny them, and heads clash because one side is feeling pressured to use the term and the other side is feeling offended that they deny the terms.
I personally think it is right for when you speak of other people's cultures maybe have some consideration and use the terms they are familiar with and not try to tell them what they are by your own culture.

Also I do not understand what you mean by Woodabe like light skin and hate other black Africans, but I know African people are nothing without their tribes,and some tribes clash, so it is not a surprise Woodabe has enemy tribes, but as for liking light skin, I think this is a misconception because they tend to marry within their own tribe.

Posts: 105 | From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
RIP EgyptSearch.

^^Whoever wrote that, I agree with them.

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
^ Et tu, Sundiata?
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Pretty much. Don't know about the "wasteland of ignorance" comment (a bit exaggerated") but I agree with the intent of the statement. In other words, the forums have definitely digressed a bit.

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
^ Yes.

Moderators and a Search Engine would restore balance, and focus in the Forum.

Peace and Out.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
These people seem to be very confused.

rasol's right about the presumption, but it's an ethic reference! Sheesh

I know a white girl with blonde hair and blue eyes but says she "ain't white!".

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fulani have always been the enemies of Africa. There are a few in my country and they are disgusting people. They have ALWAYS sided with Arabs/Semites and the only reason I can think so is because they are feminine and weak genetically hence the reason they always got bossed around by real black Africans(many African Americans are Fulani btw-this should tell you something). They helped destroy a few ancient African kingdoms with Arabs and Jews.

So the answer to your question Ebony is NO they are not black Africans and I am glad they don't want to be...the beggers.

Stop trying to make thin lipped thin nosed Africans black Ebony and except your ape-like features as an African American woman.

Why you think so many African Americans LOVE North African, Ethiopian, Wolof and Akan history so much...IT'S ALL IN THE STRAIGHT NOSE!! [Big Grin]

Man you people are Filthy I tell you..just FILTHY!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Yeah, okay. Whatever. Y'all don't have to be so damn bitchy.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is this guy???

quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
The fulani have always been the enemies of Africa. There are a few in my country and they are disgusting people. They have ALWAYS sided with Arabs/Semites and the only reason I can think so is because they are feminine and weak genetically hence the reason they always got bossed around by real black Africans(many African Americans are Fulani btw-this should tell you something). They helped destroy a few ancient African kingdoms with Arabs and Jews.

So the answer to your question Ebony is NO they are not black Africans and I am glad they don't want to be...the beggers.

Stop trying to make thin lipped thin nosed Africans black Ebony and except your ape-like features as an African American woman.

Why you think so many African Americans LOVE North African, Ethiopian, Wolof and Akan history so much...IT'S ALL IN THE STRAIGHT NOSE!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
quote:
RIP EgyptSearch.

Don't worry about it [Wink]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Who is this guy??? BTW it is "accept" not except. This is a typical uneducated AA/EA mistake. Are you either??

quote:

[/qb][/QUOTE]
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

most african americans i think are not Fulani.many come from other combined ethnic groups in africa but there are few that have come from the fulani with combined african ethnic elements.are there maybe a few that are more directly
fulani?i guess so.

some modern Ethiopians do not have straight noses,and some north africans too,depending on the ethnic group.
Wolof and Akan do not have straight noses.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Wolofi is an extremist, I'm appalled by his violent language...he should calm down...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:

quote:
RIP EgyptSearch.

[Smile]
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
^ Seems to me, if one peruses thru Wolofi's thread/s or posts and an analysis is done; he/she is nothing but an agent provocateur!
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

I originally dis-regarded his post like usual, but, this is hilarious:

quote:

Of course.

-

-

-

Now let's make a conparison:

-

-

-

-

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kenndo:

some modern Ethiopians do not have straight noses,and some north africans too,depending on the ethnic group.
Wolof and Akan do not have straight noses

: rolleyes :

Yeah! Ethiopians don't have straight noses!

-

-

-

-

Can any of you nose-ologists guess where these two are from without following the flickr number back to the original photo?

-

how bout these two?

-

-

-

Any educated guesses?

They may not all be tricks. ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Who is this guy???

^^co-sign

(not that I actually care to know, but in more of a jest (wth r u) kinda way)

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all Europeans have straight nose either and don't have tiny noses for sure...this thread is stupid...we are all human beings, all mixed features...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
quote:
Originally posted by kenndo:

Wolof and Akan do not have straight noses

: rolleyes :

Yeah! Ethiopians don't have straight noses!

-

-

-

-

Can any of you nose-ologists guess where these two are from without following the flickr number back to the original photo?

-

how bout these two?

-

-

-

Any educated guesses?

They may not all be tricks. ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Who is this guy???

^^co-sign

(not that I actually care to know, but in more of a jest (wth r u) kinda way)

Those aren't the Ethiopians they show on this board and you know it lol! I am saying it is a bad thing that African Americans attract to straight nosed Africans Icarus why do you not read before you react?
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HistoryFacelift
Member # 14696

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HistoryFacelift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol the angry man sounds like an euro-troll to me!!

-
 -

Posts: 105 | From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah.
Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henu
Member # 13490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
quote:
RIP EgyptSearch.

I actually don't have moderator status over this forum, so there really isn't one for "Ancient Egypt," but the "Egyptology" forum that used to be full of trolls before the split is still active and very informative.
Posts: 113 | From: Dayr al-Barsha | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ It's just a repository of old threads, and depends on what you mean by -active-. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would they have to consider themselves Black if they chose not to? Why would ANY African HAVE to consider themselves Black?
Posts: 385 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Chimu while we're asking questions can you answer this one?

Why is it that after whatever women you pay off with a free diet pepsi to have sex with you, has sex with you, they immediately hit the vibrator when you leave? : )

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Henu wrote:

----------------------
I actually don't have moderator status over this forum
----------------------

And your worthless hide doesn't need to. You were the sorriest person that they had ever picked. Ausar was right you were too dumb to be a moderator for this forum.

Now go wipe your ass.

Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah for all those claiming each other as looking like gorillas and chimps, Take the obvious racist biases out of the equation. I actually plugged in a bunch of chimp and gorilla pictures into those "find your celebrity look alike" websites. According to you monkey mongers, the opposite side should have pulled more. It didn't People of African, European and Asian features where pulled equally.
Posts: 385 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Chimu is that why your mama loves bananas?

ahahahahaahahahahaha!!!

Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
 -
Wow, you'll be obese with all your comedy for foood stamps

Now go shuck and jive in a corner for some coins.
 -

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Dialup, im a ges turned off.

hahahahahahahah

Now go hide that Preparation H and butter you stole from Safemart. The police are out looking for you. LOL! : )

Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
You sure talk a lot about anal stuff. I guess you are not downlow enough.
 -

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Chimu didn't your girlfriend get stopped for suspicion of smuggling weed taped under her armpits at the airport?

The police later apologized because they saw that it wasn't weed, it was just her armpit hair. LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com