EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Northern Arab Sudanese look like the average Black African (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Northern Arab Sudanese look like the average Black African
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^

quote:
Originally posted by Chimu:
Mixed as in two socio-cultural groups.

Oh.

Yes, this goes for alot of Asia and Europe as well, as alot of their social (customary/religious) systems have their roots elsewhere and so these same system coming back to Africa can just obfuscate the picture.

Alot of people also don't recognized Berber customs as the African customs that they are.

Largely probably because many (as indigenous and mixed North/Saharan Africans along with the Tuareg) live in North Africa and have light skin like alot of North Africans do, yet dark skin gets associated with "sub-saharan" admixture and slaves - naturally because of the political atmosphere in the U.S.

It's funny that actually, white skin is the non-indigenous element in North Africa and Europeans were the recent advent, the - mainly female - slaves, and genetics confirms this.

quote:
Originally posted by USA:
-I don't see how Chimu's posts insinuate that the Sudan is populated by Mulattos. He posted various pics, not just Rashaida.

^^

quote:
Some populations do show admixture or recent migration or just plain Saharan features not common in Sub Saharan Africa.

quote:
-The Sudanese are very much a heterogeneous population

What do you mean by heterogeneous? Heterogenous like all African countries, more genetically diverse or containing more non-indigenous elements?

quote:
of various ethnic groups.
(dubious claim)

Most places have them. [Smile]

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've seen AA's that can look like alot of other nationalities, and?

On average, AA's do not look like Northern Sudanese.

On a similar but slightly off-topic note:

I've read of (and met) AAs that were "mistaken as Egyptians![?]" (and perhaps were apparently surprised by the fact because of a dis-association between modern Egypt and Africa pervading thru to what their pre-suppositions of who Egyptian people are.

Is Egypt really African?

-

^The above man is meduim skinned, (actually my skin color, and I'm not sure if this is considered within the range of indigenous African skin coloration,) but IMHO probably has the look (if one could - that modern country is probably indigenously as well as in generally diverse) of the Average Egyptian.

-

-

-
^(Fellahin)

-

(^She looks JUST just like my moms friend, who is darker though) (Delta btw)

-
^(Fellahin)

-

-

(from the Delta)

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USA wrote:

-------------------------

Well list those nationalities. We're waiting.

Also I don't give a damn about on "average" because unless you know what every AA looks like, your "average" doesn't mean a thing since you don't know what every AA looks like.

I tend to take the word of Africans, African Americans, and what my own eyes tell me over the lies of a jealous troll envious of the ancestry of African Americans.

Now dry your eyes. : )

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Wow it seems every pic of the Alexandra Egyptians won't allow you to post/paste! (the spaceball thing)

Egyptians de Los Delta son muy interasante.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/commonlanguage/250844299/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31289711@N00/83999080/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/utherpendragonsphotos/83999077/in/set-1787334/

So many good photos of egyptians I can't post!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elhamalawy/273221944/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elhamalawy/213178712/in/set-72157594334445775/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31289711@N00/83996358/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andesbrian/534510137/

Danm!

I wanted Egyptians from the North and can't post any (only links from Flickr which is slow for some PCs).

Well anyway, back to average egyptians, here are some more who I think suit the description:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/animated_george/2055472071/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgladman/102535091/

But then again it really depends on where you go.

You may see alot of these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atrium09/193975514/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atrium09/193956067/in/photostream/

(^nice ... commented as Delta though I did not include Delta in my search)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atrium09/193997641/

nubian

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atrium09/194564582/in/photostream/

Oh ... here's one I can post

-

yay.

USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for USA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
^

quote:
Mixed as in two socio-cultural groups.

Oh.

Yes, this goes for alot of Asia and Europe as well, as alot of their social (customary/religious) systems have their roots elsewhere and so these same system coming back to Africa can just obfuscate the picture.

Alot of people also don't recognized Berber customs as the African customs that they are.

Largely probably because many (as indigenous and mixed North/Saharan Africans along with the Tuareg) live in North Africa and have light skin like alot of North Africans do, yet dark skin gets associated with "sub-saharan" admixture and slaves - naturally because of the political atmosphere in the U.S.

It's funny that actually, white skin is the non-indigenous element in North Africa and Europeans were the recent advent, the - mainly female - slaves, and genetics confirms this.

quote:
-I don't see how Chimu's posts insinuate that the Sudan is populated by Mulattos. He posted various pics, not just Rashaida.

^^

quote:
Some populations do show admixture or recent migration or just plain Saharan features not common in Sub Saharan Africa.

quote:
-The Sudanese are very much a heterogeneous population

What do you mean by heterogeneous? Heterogenous like all African countries, more genetically diverse or containing more non-indigenous elements?

quote:
of various ethnic groups.
(dubious claim)

Most places have them. [Smile]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulatto
-Mulatto (Spanish mulato, small mule, person of mixed race, mulatto, from mulo, mule, from Old Spanish, from Latin mūlus.) is a person of mixed black and white ancestry or the offspring of one white parent and one black parent or someone 50% black and 50% white.[1]
^
Again, how does Chimu's posted pics of Sudanese suggest that the Sudan is a mulatto country?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heterogeneous
-heterogeneous
: consisting of dissimilar or diverse ingredients or constituents

Meaning the Sudan is composed of many ethnicities that include Blacks, Arabs (wether actual or culturally Arabicized) Beja, etc.
What is so dubious about that?

Posts: 40 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Meaning the Sudan is composed of many ethnicities that include Blacks, Arabs (wether actual or culturally Arabicized) Beja, etc.

Last time I checked, Beja were Black Africans. Also, "Black" isn't an ethnic group, it comprises many ethnic groups and mainly signifies relatively dark skin tone.

-

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for USA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
USA wrote:

USA wrote:

Also I don't give a damn about on "average" because unless you know what every AA looks like, your "average" doesn't mean a thing since you don't know what every AA looks like.

I tend to take the word of Africans, African Americans, and what my own eyes tell me over the lies of a jealous troll envious of the ancestry of African Americans.

Troll? [Roll Eyes] lol @ the irony,that term fits you like a tee.

So, let me try to understand your myopic views on blackness: You think that because AA's descend from mostly Western Africa, they will on average look like any random African nationality? Let me end this post right here.
And I'll take the words of Africans and New World (non-USA)Afrodiasporic people than the deluded posts of a lonely sensitive online geek with self esteem issues.

Posts: 40 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
quote:

Last time I checked, Beja were Black Africans. Also, "Black" isn't an ethnic group, it comprises many ethnic groups and mainly signifies relatively dark skin tone.

-

That is the major ethnic breakdown in commonly refrenced sources (look it up), they can be also broken down further. The POINT being made is that the Sudan is composed of not just one group.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

That is the major ethnic breakdown in commonly refrenced sources (look it up), they can be also broken down further. The POINT being made is that the Sudan is composed of not just one group.
Blindly referencing misguided "sources" does nothing to substantiate the validity of the claim that "Black" is an ethnic group and that Beja aren't Black, so your blind and willful ignorance and appeals to authority have no significance. Of course Sudan doesn't comprise one ethnic group, that's redundant. The point I believe being made is that the vast majority of ethnic groups are Black African ones.

^Some of you will also have to learn someday not to chase the radical ideas of these spaced-out newbs whose only goal seems to be to pick a fight and move the goal post every two seconds.

quote:
And I'll take the words of Africans and New World (non-USA) Afrodiasporic people than the deluded posts of a lonely sensitive online geek with self esteem issues.
LOL.. Point n case. When the outkast loser who knows little about Africans and their descendants starts feeling the pressure, they immediately cop out with an argument from ad hominem. One can see how arbitrary his methods are. He's a closed minded troll, let him rant.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Blindly referencing misguided "sources" does nothing to substantiate the validity of the claim that "Black" is an ethnic group and that Beja aren't Black, so your blind and willful ignorance and appeals to authority have no significance. Of course Sudan doesn't comprise one ethnic group, that's redundant. The point I believe being made is that the vast majority of ethnic groups are Black African ones.

^Some of you will also have to learn someday not to chase the radical ideas of these spaced-out newbs whose only goal seems to be to pick a fight and move the goal post every two seconds.

quote:
And I'll take the words of Africans and New World (non-USA) Afrodiasporic people than the deluded posts of a lonely sensitive online geek with self esteem issues.
LOL.. Point n case. When the outkast loser who knows little about Africans and their descendants starts feeling the pressure, they immediately cop out with an argument from false authority. One can see how arbitrary his methods are. He's a closed minded troll, let him rant.

-There is no one picking a "fight" here, lol @ the importance you give to these posts. And I see the goal post being moved in every single post by your cohorts.

-Follow the thread progression, my posts state 2 things:
a) Average AA does not look like the average Northern Sudanese.
b) The Sudan is composed of various ethnic groups.
It was in answer to specific posts. It's amusing how quick you call someone a troll who makes such radical statements like I have (very sensitive of you). Also amusing how hard you're trying to make an argument (by morping my posts) out of this non-issue and the hypocritical double-standard.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Northern Sudanese: the so called Arabs from Karthoum tend to look like West African and Nubians and have broader faces compare to Beja. Beja people look more like Ethiopians, Somali and Afars...As Ausar and other Africans noticed, actually many African American could pass for Northern Sudanese, because of their mixed heritage, although Northern have less Arab ancestry based on genetics compare to AA who have more European ancestry...It seems that even Farakhan mentioned once that AA shouldn't care about Southern Sudanese since the Arab Northern Sudanese were closer physically to AA.
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habari the Coo..Coo..Coo wrote:

------------------------------------
Northern Sudanese: the so called Arabs from Karthoum tend to look like West African and Nubians and have broader faces compare to Beja. Beja people look more like Ethiopians, Somali and Afars...As Ausar and other Africans noticed, actually many African American could pass for Northern Sudanese, because of their mixed heritage, although Northern have less Arab ancestry based on genetics compare to AA who have more European ancestry...It seems that even Farakhan mentioned once that AA shouldn't care about Southern Sudanese since the Arab Northern Sudanese were closer physically to AA.
------------------------------------

Your whole post is full of lies. Its not even worth responding because I saw what Farrakan said and what Ausar said. So I won't bother with expending the energy. And there are some AAs that I have seen that resemble Southern Sudanese.

Plus you seem to have a "white man is god" complex since you think that white men are responsible for AAs looking like well Africans. From what I've seen mixed breed West Africans don't look like Eastern Africans (including the so called Horners), Northern Africans, or Southern Africans. So your proclamations are seen as the jokes they are.

Where did you get that mentality Habari?

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
USA wrote:

----------------
So, let me try to understand your myopic views on blackness: You think that because AA's descend from mostly Western Africa, they will on average look like any random African nationality? Let me end this post right here.
----------------

Aww poor thing. You have lot of emotional investment in your AA and west Africa yelp fest. You can "mostly" and "average" all that you want.

But Africans from Northern Africa, Southern Africa, Eastern Africa, and Western Africa mistake AAs as being one of them as well as saying they look like one of them. It doesn't happen with whites.

The historical facts and records state that AAs are descendents from the entire continent.

You can't refute the evidence, so you whine like a child.

I hope everyone is noticing what an abnormal obsession these people have with African Americans ancestry. Notice the emotional psychotic investment they have in it as if their peace of mind is at stake.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.I'm not Kenyan,
2.I'm not Kikuyu.
3.Many AA look like Northern Sudanese and vice versa...Farakhan himself said it....
If he wore muslim clothes he would pass easily as an Arab Sudanese in Karthoum...
 -
Bear in mind as a Northern Arab Sudanese(AMR1) wrote in this forum, in Africa being an Arab doesn't corolate with skin color, there are Native Arab African in Central Africa, Cameroon, Nigeria. That's why it's a joke when Western media try to portray Northern Sudanese as leucoderm or non Black people...pure joke...just spend some time in Khartoum...

Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Habari wrote:

-----------------------
1.I'm not Kenyan,
2.I'm not Kikuyu.
3.Many AA look like Northern Sudanese and vice versa...Farakhan himself said it....
If he wore muslim clothes he would pass easily as an Arab Sudanese in Karthoum...
-----------------------

Your not worth the energy to rebuff. You're probably that loon Red, White, and Brainless.

Either way, what you are is a freak with severe psycological problems and hardly anyone on this forum has not noticed.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
But Africans from Northern Africa, Southern Africa, Eastern Africa, and Western Africa mistake AAs as being one of them as well as saying they look like one of them. It doesn't happen with whites.

Stupid statement...Africans are the most diverse people on earth...it's very easy to identify people even within the same country, whereas it's almost impossible among Europeans or European American...
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Habari wrote:

-----------------------
Stupid statement...Africans are the most diverse people on earth...it's very easy to identify people even within the same country, whereas it's almost impossible among Europeans or European American...
-----------------------

I know I'm not the only one seeing the above response and chuckling at its moronic incoherency. Were you trying to say something freak? Or maybe you are panicing because you've been outed as Red, White, and Brainless? Hence the nonsensical bable. : )

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Ignored...you don't make any sense...
P.S.: I appreciate your rethorical improvement...less insults and more mature posts...

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Habari wrote:

-----------------------
-----------------------

When are you going to turn in those porn tapes that you rented from the video store? They're due back soon.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
I enjoyed them too much, they stay with me...you are falling back in your mediocrity...I'm disappointed..
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
And Habari err um Red, White, and Brainless err um Loon Unlimited you are what they call a Pure D loon.
HornAfrican
Member # 14279

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HornAfrican     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it really matter what northern Sudanese look like. They are culturally, linguistically and politically Arab and there for they are Arabs. Sudan also is an Arab state in Africa like Algeria or Libya.
Posts: 53 | From: Iran | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

So by your definition, "Arab" in terms of looks means niltch - the term is primarily culturally relevant.

Well yeah, it's true, Sudan is diverse.

But in comparison to Africa I don't see how this doesn't aply the the vast majority of Africa and other places as well for that matter.

By the way Wolofi, I'm not a Mulatto.

Since Sundiata already eagle-eyed that black and beja aspect of USA's post, I nothin else to say.

quote:
- lol @ the importance you give to these posts.

Non sequitar .. I think.

Well regardless it's a 'hush' tactic that no one, but, perhaps someone like Yonis would fall for.

Eg. Internet loser [not you]: "You're not cool if you think this or that./!"

Yonis: "I know ..." / or / "I [conformity] [yada yada]"

Me: "BITCH I'll shank/MURK you ... [crazines .. yada yada]"

quote:
And I see the goal post being moved in every single post by your cohorts.
lol who are her cohorts and how are goal posts being moved?

We're all just talking about looks in Northern Sudan [North East Africa] relative to the rest of Africa. We're all [this thread] not his cohorts.

quote:

So there's an average AA -- what does he look like?  - ! Post a picture.

quote:
We were initially talking about how "many AAs look like Northern Sudanese" .. or vice versa it might have been but whatever.

Not "most" nor any "average".

There was nothing wrong with your initial statement, just an opinion.

The statement I remember being a bit problematic was "heterogenious" which you know deals particularly with genetics and which I asked you to expound upon what you meant by that.

It could be true depending upon how you meant it.

quote:
It was in answer to specific posts. It's amusing how quick you call someone a troll who makes such radical statements
lol you're being sarcastic right?

I know this is inteded for Sundiata but you haven't said anything that radical at all IMO.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bottom Line Post.

quote:
quote:
USA wrote: USA wrote:

true.

quote:

think that because AA's descend from mostly Western Africa, they will on average look like any random African nationality?

actually I don't think anybody would agree with you there.

I don't think anybody has posted anything anywhere near what you have just stated there.

AAs have African and European ancestry.

Simply put, and bottom line: AAs have African (primarily West African however relevant that is to what follows:) ancestry, and people of African regions share a number of physical traits in common. Many Sudanese "Arabs" from the North look like some/many African Americans.

You said the average of one of the above don't look similar. That is fine by me. I don't really care.

However, you said:

Sudan was heterogenous, which I asked you to espound upon,

and you seemingly seperated Sudan into black, Arab, Beja, [and other?].

Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
1.I'm not Kenyan,
2.I'm not Kikuyu.
 -
Bear in mind as a Northern Arab Sudanese(AMR1) wrote in this forum, in Africa being an Arab doesn't corolate with skin color, there are Native Arab African in Central Africa, Cameroon, Nigeria. That's why it's a joke when Western media try to portray Northern Sudanese as leucoderm or non Black people...pure joke...just spend some time in Khartoum...

LOL. They portray them as Mixed. Now I agree many of the looks are clinal and not from admixture Sahelic-Arid versus Sub-Saharan or Tropical. But there has been plenty of admixture as well. Many African Americans could pass as Northern Sudanese for this very reason. Their admixture either imitates the admixture or the clinal variation in the Sudanese population.
Posts: 385 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
quote:
So by your definition, "Arab" in terms of looks means niltch - the term is primarily culturally relevant.

Well yeah, it's true, Sudan is diverse.

But in comparison to Africa I don't see how this doesn't aply the the vast majority of Africa and other places as well for that matter.

By the way Wolofi, I'm not a Mulatto.

Since Sundiata already eagle-eyed that black and beja aspect of USA's post, I nothin else to say.

quote:
- lol @ the importance you give to these posts.

Non sequitar .. I think.

Well regardless it's a 'hush' tactic that no one, but, perhaps someone like Yonis would fall for.

Eg. Internet loser [not you]: "You're not cool if you think this or that./!"

Yonis: "I know ..." / or / "I [conformity] [yada yada]"

Me: "BITCH I'll shank/MURK you ... [crazines .. yada yada]"

quote:
And I see the goal post being moved in every single post by your cohorts.
lol who are her cohorts and how are goal posts being moved?

We're all just talking about looks in Northern Sudan [North East Africa] relative to the rest of Africa. We're all [this thread] not his cohorts.

quote:

So there's an average AA -- what does he look like?  - ! Post a picture.

quote:
We were initially talking about how "many AAs look like Northern Sudanese" .. or vice versa it might have been but whatever.

Not "most" nor any "average".

There was nothing wrong with your initial statement, just an opinion.

The statement I remember being a bit problematic was "heterogenious" which you know deals particularly with genetics and which I asked you to expound upon what you meant by that.

It could be true depending upon how you meant it.

quote:
It was in answer to specific posts. It's amusing how quick you call someone a troll who makes such radical statements
lol you're being sarcastic right?

I know this is inteded for Sundiata but you haven't said anything that radical at all IMO.

-Correct, I was being sarcastic.
Now let me be specific as to what formed my current personal opinion on the AA/Northern Sudanese looks comparison:
Here in the Northern NJ/NYC area I have come across some Sudanese whose features were very distinct from the AA's. Based on just what I saw, they ranged in looks between looking like some of the darker Egyptians I've seen (except taller)or very dark skinned with a tall/lanky build. Thats it, there is nothing more to my personal opinion.
And then I stated that AA's can look like many other Nationalities, which is true. Either some posters think all Afrodescendants look alike and/or they don't live in very diverse areas.

And what I meant by heterogeneous is that the Sudan is composed of varied ethnicities.

USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
quote:
Bottom Line Post.

quote:
quote:
USA wrote: USA wrote:

true.

quote:

think that because AA's descend from mostly Western Africa, they will on average look like any random African nationality?

actually I don't think anybody would agree with you there.

I don't think anybody has posted anything anywhere near what you have just stated there.

Simply put, and bottom line: AAs have African (primarily West African however relevant that is to what follows:) ancestry, and people of African regions share a number of physical traits in common. Many Sudanese "Arabs" from the North look like some/many African Americans.

You said the average of one of the above don't look similar. That is fine by me. I don't really care.

However, you said:

Sudan was heterogenous, which I asked you to espound upon,

and you seemingly seperated Sudan into black, Arab, Beja, [and other?].

-Heterogeneous meaning composed of diverse ethnic groups.
-Yes, you are correct in that I used the most commonly cited (but not precise)breakdown of Black/Arab/Beja/Other as an example of the diversity.
-Another poster pointed out that the Beja are black
Yes, I do agree that the breakdown is simplistic and not entirely correct, but that was not meant as an exhaustive detailed breakdown of the different groups populating the Sudan.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

^^USA. I disagreed with some of your ideas, but now admit that I may have misinterpreted some of them. My apologies.

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Alive-(What Box)
----------------------------
true.
----------------------------

Keebler err um Jeeves, I know that you said this in hopes that he will loan you some money in order to fix your teeth, but he owes child support and so no dice. hahahaheeeeeeee!!!!

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Keebler Teeth aka Alive-(What Box) wrote:
------------------------------------------

Simply put, and bottom line: AAs have African (primarily West African however relevant that is to what follows:)
------------------------------------------

Sorry Keebler Teeth, the historical record and documented facts say otherwise. LOL : )

Now either you can refute the below or keep your spooky mouth shut. ahahaahahahaa!

google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&suggon=0&as_qdr=all&q=%22slaves+from+northern+africa%22+americas

google.com/search?as_q=america&hl=en&suggon=0&num=100&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=berber+slaves&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_d t=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images]http://www.google.com/search?as_q=america&hl=en&suggon=0&num=100&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=berber+slaves&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_ filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_oc ct=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

google.com/search?hl=en&suggon=0&as_q=&as_epq=slaves+from+southern+africa&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as _nhi=&safe=images

web.syr.edu/~affellem/napti.html

jwsr.ucr.edu/archive/vol5/number1/v5n1r1.php
(east african slaves in new york)

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now, let me be specific:
Well, as long as you don't think AAs all look a certain way, and don't have mixture of their own (more than Sudanese).

I guess some of us are quick to catch one another.

Really you (in general) could think African Americans all look like Peter pan or Kermit the frog for all I care.

Thing is you can usually spot agents of ideology, particularly raciallist ideology and particularly folks with a painful past closely related with the particular ideology.

How they are spotted is enclosed in asterisks at the end of this post.

Here is my theory about where most agents come from:

[url=]Probably for reasons havgin to do with insecurity, in Europe, there was a back-lash against blacks as soon as they aquired hands (their own political sovereignty coupled with actual millitary and naval power) they changed their attitudes regarding Africans (from Greeks in the East to the imperial West Europeans headed by Spain) and not only directed a large amount of their attention and energy towards 'blacks' and Africa but surmised a number of myths and epithets concering 'non whites' and Africans.[/url]

Watch "Black and White, old allies" from my playlist titled "Abyss" it's the second one down.

Well, I'm not a victim-ist and know that racism slavery the way it was practiced in America among other things were avoidable mistakes that simply developed rather than were inevitable (certainly with the millitary/industrial economic sitch in Europe and West/North/and South Africa in the 15th Century there would've been no imposing of the wills with regard to African manual labor/servitude for sale. They sold us, though slavery there wasn't as it would evolve into (and to its limit) in the Americas.

The Beef:

Myths and epithets were directed primarily towards African Americans designated as "blacks" whom they put at odds with their own image, needless to say it bothers AGENTS of this out-dated ideology for anything positive to be associated with "black".

Since across Africa, we have, quite a number ancient Kingdoms, other forms of autonomous sovereign and un-sovereign polities and other forms of societies of antiquety, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT AROSE IN THE SAHARA AND NILE VALLEY, this would obviously bother them that they'd be seen as 'black'. And to the point, from my experience EVERY time we have someone on here spacklin off about Afro Americans (when they weren't brought up and don't know any of our identities - I'm talking about when this was a descent forum) and then: doing the same about blacks, making ad-hominems about "blacks", or starting non-sequitars about "blacks this" or "blacks that" - they end up revealing themselves for their agenda or modus-operundi they already revealed in their words by revealing either a use, reliance on or especially belief in the bankrupt low-level kindergarten-type (basically, bewilderingly stupid or laughed at in the scholarly world) sources, or a failure to comprehend [accept] data and objective modes of data gathering. You don't seem to be that way.

If not, why then when they found and stole the art of the Ife and Yoruba cultures did they claim they must have been (impossibly) works of whites? Aryan Zulus, Martian (green) ancient Kemet, Eskimo Kemet (Kemet is ancient Egypt), to mythic Nordic invasions being the cause for Indian "civilizations" (word implying great society and culture), East Asian ones, Central/South American ones, and even invasions sparking the Nile Valley culture that started before their group existed (that is if there is a connection between them and the ancient Nile, it's Nile inhabitant admixture in THEM)!

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Chimu wrote:

----------------------
----------------------

Just adding some much need scholarship to this thread. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!

google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&suggon=0&as_qdr=all&q=%22slaves+from+northern+africa%22+americas

google.com/search?as_q=america&hl=en&suggon=0&num=100&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=berber+slaves&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_d t=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images]http://www.google.com/search?as_q=america&hl=en&suggon=0&num=100&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=berber+slaves&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_ filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_oc ct=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

google.com/search?hl=en&suggon=0&as_q=&as_epq=slaves+from+southern+africa&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as _nhi=&safe=images

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
You're a biatch.

-
So basically you're saying that the majority of African Americans didn't go to slavery via West Africa?

I'll check the links later but I want to make sure that's what you're saying..

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
No Keebler, I'm saying they came from all over Africa. Which no one can refute.

In case you haven't heard the Hamitic Theory is discredited. No white man is responsible for Africans looking like Africans. Unfortunately your dumb ass believes just that (the white man is responsible for African diversity).

Which is funny because they can't even get their dicks up without Viagra, Cialis, etc. Hell they can't even populate their own continent, which is why they're bringing in every non-white population on the planet, so Europe will stay populated.

But the important questions you should ask yourself is why do give the white man "God Status" and why are you so desperate to have slavery designated as exclusive to West Africans?

Now where are my h'orderves.

BWHAHAHAAAARRRRGHAHAHA!!

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm saying they came from all over Africa.

Which no one initially disagreed with. Perhaps "USA" did but I didn't just now.
Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "slaves from northern africa" americas
Results 1 - 55 of 55 for america "berber slaves".
Personalized Results 1 - 10 of about 143 for "slaves from southern africa"

Sorry Rastafarians did not come from Ethiopia. LMAO

The Berber slaves that were captured by the Spanish were minimal. And between 1400 to 1900 the Majority of slaves came in this order of volume

3,607,020 Angola
1,614,793 Ghana
1,406,728 Nigeria
759,468 Democratic-Republic-of-Congo
456,583 Benin
382,378 Mozambique
350,149 Guinea
331,748 Mali
289,634 Togo
278,195 Senegal
180,752 Guinea-Bissau
167,201 Burkina-Faso
94,663 Congo
88,061 Malawi
69,607 Sierra-Leone
66,719 Cameroon
52,646 Ivory-Coast
36,349 Madagascar
27,403 Gabon
16,039 Gambia
10,834 Tanzania
6,790 Liberia
6,552 Zambia
2,010 Central-African-Republic
1,944 South-Africa
900 Uganda
823 Chad
615 Sudan
554 Zimbabwe
417 Mauritania
303 Kenya
191 Namibia
133 Niger
11 Equatorial-Guinea
http://www.econ.ubc.ca/nnunn/empirical_slavery.pdf

Posts: 385 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Chimu wrote:

---------------------
---------------------

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

He feebly attempts to counter documented history from historians themselves with 1 economics professor from British Columbia.

Po, Po thang you're too dumb to even see how moronic you are.

Historical facts from historians vs 1 economics professor from british columbia. LOL!

And the thing is, this economics professor is obviously on the lower end of the scholarship spectrum since his historical references are astonishingly insufficient. See the links that I provided. If I could find them, then why couldn't he? LOL

One has to wonder how he got his job, via a Legacy program. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Have good nights rest Chimu. : )

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
LOL at Taco Tim's attempt to interject race loon forum pseudoscience into history.

For the numbskulls out there, look at the countries that he has in his list and notice the countries that he left off his list. heeeeeeee!!!

But should one be surpised? This is the same fool that thought that the modern day country of Ethiopia was the same as the region known as Ethiopia in ancient times.

Pseudoscience can't beat history, it just can't. : )

Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
quote:
blah, blah, blah

As usual argyle has nothing substantive to prove anyone wrong.
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Chimu aka Taco Tim wrote:

-----------------------------
My argument has been completely discredited with historical facts. So now I'm crying.
-----------------------------

LOL, LOL, LOL.

Oh and by the way.

Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
Sorry a google search is not a source. Nor do any of those searhces present amounts. Try again.
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Chimu wrote:
------------------------
------------------------

Sorry diversions won't work. Only scholarly refutation of historical facts will do.

Have a good nights rest loon. : )

USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
quote:
^^USA. I disagreed with some of your ideas, but now admit that I may have misinterpreted some of them. My apologies.

No problem
Chimu
Member # 15060

Rate Member
Historical fact of what? That some slaves came from north Africa? LOL That was never debated. The point is how many. Your source presents no numbers. Try again.
USA
Member # 15085

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
I'm saying they came from all over Africa.

Which no one initially disagreed with. Perhaps "USA" did but I didn't just now.
No I did not (check my posts) I essentially said the same thing you said.

All sources I've read so far state that the majority of the Africans slaves that were shipped to the New World were from the Western Coast of Africa (starting from the Senegambian region down to Angola)and some from the Congo & Mozambique.

As far as I know, Brazil received a good amount of Angolans,Mozambiquens & Congolese. The USA received the majority from West Africa.
If anyone has any good sources that indicate that slaves from other African regions were imported into the USA, than I'd be greatly interested in seeing these.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
USA aka Habari aka Red, White and Brainless wrote:

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

I love spreading scholarship. : )

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Now that I recall it seemed the original topic was that Northern Sundanese look like "the average Black African".
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Alive-(What Box) aka Jeeves wrote:

quote:
Now that I recall it seemed the original topic was that Northern Sundanese look like "the average Black African".
So you posted to a thread that hadn't had any posts in a WEEK just to say the above?

Seriously Jeeves, where do you get all of this free time? I mean the other day I saw where you bumped up a 4 year old post. I repeat people a 4 year old post. It must have taken an eternity to scroll through that many thread pages.

I know that you say you live in Yompton, but you can't be this pitiful.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com